Washington DC Message Boards

JOHN McCAIN WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT

Psycho

Guest Jennifer_*
Take a look at this.

McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

There's no question John McCain is getting a free ride from the mainstream press. But with the power of YouTube and the blogosphere, we can provide an accurate portrayal of the so-called Maverick. We can put the brakes on his free ride!

Since we first released The Real McCain a year ago, our REAL McCain series has garnered close to 2 million views, with over 13,000 comments and tens of thousands more in petition signatures! Clearly, John McCain's record is something the public wants to discuss, and yet the corporate media is doing NOTHING to present the truth. We feel obliged to continue countering the mainstream media's love of McCain. And so we thought it was high time for a sequel: The Real McCain 2.

I actually don't think Obama or McCain came down to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Although I do think being at a birthday party with Bush in Texas is not going to look good for McCain.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fed Up

Given John McCain’s firm allegiance to the core missions of the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), it should come as no surprise that many of the old PNAC guard have shown up as foreign policy advisers in McCain’s current presidential campaign, and are likely re-emerge as high officials in his administration if he becomes president. Here are snapshots of some of these potential members of a McCain Cabinet, giving their PNAC profiles, their advisory capacities in the McCain 2008 presidential campaign, and their politics.

William Kristol

Editor and founder of Washington-based political magazine, Weekly Standard.

PNAC co-founder.

Foreign policy adviser.

Has consistently been wrong in his foreign policy analyses regarding Iraq. For example, on March 5, 2003, he stated, “I think we’ll be vindicated when we discover the weapons of mass destruction and when we liberate the people of Iraq.”

Robert Kagan

Served in State Department in Reagan administration on Policy Planning Staff.

PNAC co-founder.

Foreign policy adviser.

Has defended global expansionism by claiming it is an American tradition: “Americans’ belief in the possibility of global transformation—the ‘messianic’ impulse—is and always has been the more dominant strain in the nation’s character.”

Randy Scheunemann

Former adviser to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Co-director and executive director of Committee for Liberation of Iraq.

Defense and foreign policy coordinator.

With regard to recent National Intelligence Estimate finding that Iran discontinued its nuclear weapons program in 2003, stated “a careful reading of the NIE indicates that it is misleading.” And he claimed that the NIE harmed our efforts to achieve a “greater diplomatic consensus” to crack down on Iran.

James Woolsey

Director of CIA, Clinton administration, 1993-1995. (Reported to have met only twice with Clinton during time as CIA chief.)

PNAC signatory.

Energy and national security adviser.

Speaking to a group of college students in 2003 about Iraq, he stated that “… the United States is engaged in World War IV.” Described the Cold War as the third world war. Then said, “This fourth world war, I think, will last considerably longer than either World Wars I or II did for us. Hopefully not the full four-plus decades of the Cold War.”

John R. Bolton

Former U.S. ambassador to U.N. (Nomination to U.N. rejected by Senate, but George W. Bush put him in place on a recess appointment. Name floated for possible secretary of state for McCain.

PNAC director.

Ardent supporter of McCain for president in 2009.

Publicly derided the United Nations: In 1994, he stated “there is no United Nations. There is an international community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that’s the United States, when it suits our interest, and when we can get others to go along.” Advocates attacking Iran.

Robert B. Zollick

President, World Bank.

PNAC signatory.

Announced in 2006 he would be joining McCain presidential campaign for domestic and foreign policy but instead replaced Wolfowitz as president of World Bank in 2007.

Has touted virtues of corporate globalization under the rubric of “comprehensive free trade.” But as Kevin Watkins, head researcher for Oxfan, stated, he pays no heed to the effects of the “blind pursuit of US economic and corporate special interests” on the world’s poor.

Gary Schmitt

American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (home to other PNAC members including Wolfowitz and Pearle.)

PNAC director.

Foreign policy adviser.

Defended warrantless eavesdropping on Americans by claiming that Constitution “created a unitary chief executive. That chief executive could, in times of war or emergency, act with the decisiveness, dispatch and, yes, secrecy, needed to protect the country and its citizens.”

Richard L. Armitage

Former deputy secretary of state in George W. Bush administration.

PNAC signatory.

Foreign policy adviser.

By his own admission, was responsible for leaking CIA agent Valerie Plame’s CIA identity to the press. Allegedly involved in Iran-Contra affair during Reagan administration.

Max Boot

Council on Foreign Relations.

PNAC signatory.

Foreign policy adviser.

Stating that U.S. should “unambiguously ... embrace its imperial role,” has advocated attacking other Middle East countries in addition to Iraq and Iran, including Syria. Said McCain’s “bellicose aura” could “scare the snot out of our enemies,” who “would be more afraid to mess with him” than with other then-potential presidential candidates.

Henry A. Kissinger

President Nixon’s secretary of state.

Embraces expansionist power politics.

Consultant.

Played major role in secret bombings of Cambodia during Nixon administration as well as having had alleged involvement in covert assassination plots and human rights violations in Latin America.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlingBling_*

I thought it was funny how "More of the Same" McCain went down with President Bush's brother, Jeb, to Mexico and Columbia to rustle up some Latino votes. What a joke.

Guest human_*

Yeah!!! Aint it funny that mccain is actually courting the Latino vote, and Obama "Latino's who"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it was funny how "More of the Same" McCain went down with President Bush's brother, Jeb, to Mexico and Columbia to rustle up some Latino votes. What a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James Carville

A few days ago, John McCain's top economic honcho called America "a nation of whiners" and said that we're only in "a mental recession."

Are we all just imagining $4.00 a gallon gas? Were the 438,000 jobs that America lost already this year all just in our heads?

Now nobody ever said that John McCain exactly had his finger on the pulse of the pain that families are feeling thanks to George Bush putting our economy in the cesspool. But letting your top economic advisor call Americans a bunch of 'whiners' is a new low even for Team McCain.

Senator McCain already admitted that he doesn't know much about the economy. He's proving it more and more every week.

This is the same John McCain that called George Bush's disastrous economic record 'great progress.' Now he lets his point-man on the economy call decent hardworking folks who fell on hard times because of George Bush a bunch of 'whiners.' These comments insult the dignity of every single American fighting hard to make ends meet in George Bush's economy.

Guest David_*

Gas prices continue to reach new records. John McCain's strategy for solving our energy and economic crises benefits Big Oil, while denying consumers any relief from pain at the pump. John McCain has proposed a massive tax cut for some of America’s richest corporations. His tax plan would offer a stunning $3.8 BILLION tax cut to the five largest American oil companies—including $1.2 billion for ExxonMobil alone. This plan would cost $1.7 TRILLION, balloon the deficit and put any hope of balancing the budget well out of reach.

“McCain is talking about old energy, not new energy. Instead of any real relief for consumers, John McCain is following George Bush’s example has proposed a Texas-sized tax cut for Big Oil,” said Pope. "His plan would balloon the deficit and add to the billions in giveaways to the oil industry that each and every taxpayer is already paying for. Neither consumers nor the American economy can afford 4 more years of these same failed economic and energy policies.”

John McCain’s misguided "gas tax holiday" would do NOTHING to lower gas prices, but would help pad Big Oil’s bottom line. Over 230 leading economists—including 4 Nobel Prize winners have denounced the plan. These experts called the plan a "bad idea" and wrote:

…research shows that waiving the gas tax would generate major profits for oil companies rather than significantly lowering prices for consumers

…a tax holiday would provide very little relief to families feeling squeezed.

The Bush-McCain offshore drilling plan would do NOTHING lower gas prices, would threaten our pristine coastal areas, and pad Big Oil’s bottom line. The Bush Administration’s own Energy Information Administration (EIA) admits that more offshore drilling won’t do anything to lower gas—today or even two decades from now.

NO RELIEF AT THE PUMP: The EIA said the effect of offshore drilling on oil prices at peak production (in 2030) would be "insignificant."

DIRTY: According to the U.S. Coast Guard, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita caused over 9 million gallons of oil to be spilled.

AT ODDS WITH ALLIES: Even prominent conservative T. Boone Pickens says, "I've been an oil man all my life but this is one emergency we can't drill our way out of."

"John McCain went straight to Houston last month to tell the oil industry exactly what it wanted to hear—that he and President Bush want to let them begin the unfettered, wholesale ‘exploitation’ of our coasts," said Pope. "Even the Bush administration admits that this misguided plan won’t do a thing to lower gas prices today, tomorrow, or even a decade from now. McCain has said that his plan would offer consumers 'psychological relief,' but the only ones feeling relieved are the people at his campaign and the Republican Party cashing the millions of dollars in checks that Big Oil has sent them."

Guest MEDIA MANIPULATION
John McCain doesn’t base his positions on what the liberal media wants, but what he knows to be right for America.

A better word might be the unedited media. CBS, the home of the great Walter Chronkite has shown its latest colors. I wonder how many other McCain errors are being edited out, it is fair to say the corporate media is afraid of an Obama presidency. Senator McCain better find a VP and fast. Someone preferably to remind him to zip up his fly when he goes out in public.

View the video at YouTube.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/22/...in4283813.shtml

Katie Couric: Sen. McCain, Prime Minister Maliki and Sen. Obama seem to be on the same page when it comes to a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. troops by 2010. Are you feeling like the odd man out here?

Sen. John McCain: Prime Minister Maliki, General Petraeus, Admiral Mullen and the other leaders in Iraq have all agreed that it's conditioned-based. Sen. Obama said the surge would fail. He said that it couldn't succeed. He was wrong. He said he still doesn't agree that surge has succeeded now that everybody knows that it has succeeded. I said at the time that I supported the surge. I would much rather lose a campaign than lose a war. Sen. Obama has indicated that by his failure to acknowledge the success of the surge, that he would rather lose a war than lose a campaign.

I know what this conflict is all about. I will bring our troops home. I will bring them home in victory. I will not do what the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said would be very dangerous. We will have a stable Iraq that we won't have to return to because we have succeeded in the strategy and we will come home with victory and honor and not in defeat. Sen. Obama has said that if the surge failed that he might have to send troops back. After this surge has succeeded and we’ve won a victory, we’ll never have to send Americans back.

Couric: Why do you think Prime Minister Maliki publicly supported and endorsed the concept of a timetable - a 16-month timetable? And isn’t that one of the main objectives of the operation, Sen. McCain, to get the Iraqi military to stand up so U.S. forces can, in fact, stand down?

McCain: Well that’s what they’ve been doing and we’ve succeeded. And the fact is that Prime Minster Maliki … always said it would be conditioned-based. And so has all of our leaders, and so has General Petraeus, who has had enormous success. If Sen. Obama had had his way, we'd of never had the surge.

And we'd of been out of there last March. Probably having to come back because of chaos in the region. Increased Iranian influence. So the fact is that we have succeeded. We are winning. They'll come home with honor. And it won't be just at a set timetable.

It'll be condition-based, which all of us are in agreement. We're including our military leaders. Including one of the great generals in history, General Petraeus, who device his strategy was succeeded when, frankly, most people, and those who thought, including political pundits, said we had lost the war, including Harry Reid, including Sen.Obama. So we've succeeded. And we will come home in victory. And it'll be based on conditions. But al Qaeda is not defeated. They're on the run, but they're not defeated. So we have to be prepared to continue to do what's necessary to succeed. But we have in order to win the war. But we have succeeded in the strategy. There's no doubt about it.

Couric: Senator McCain, Sen. Obama says, while the increased number of U.S. troops contributed to increased security in Iraq, he also credits the Sunni awakening and the Shiite government going after militias. And says that there might have been improved security even without the surge. What's your response to that?

McCain: I don't know how you respond to something that is such a false depiction of what actually happened. Colonel McFarlane (phonetic) was contacted by one of the major Sunni sheiks. Because of the surge we were able to go out and protect that sheik and others. And it began the Anbar awakening. I mean, that's just a matter of history. Thanks to General Petraeus, our leadership, and the sacrifice of brave young Americans. I mean, to deny that their sacrifice didn't make possible the success of the surge in Iraq, I think, does a great disservice to young men and women who are serving and have sacrificed.

They were out there. They were protecting these sheiks. We had the Anbar awakening. We now have a government that's effective. We have a legal system that's working, although poorly. And we have progress on all fronts, including an incredible measure of security for the people of Iraq. There will still be attacks. Al Qaeda's not defeated. But the progress has been immense. And to not recognize that, and why it happened, and how it happened, I think is really quite a commentary.

Couric: A commentary on what?

McCain: That Sen. Obama does not understand the challenges we face. And … not understand the need for the surge. And the fact that he did not understand that, and still denies that it has succeeded, I think the American people will make their judgment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlingBling_*

With three months before Election Day, the McCain campaign launched a negative ad that mocks Barack Obama's popularity, comparing him to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. Chip Reid reports. I think this shows that John McCain is getting desperate.

That is cool and Jay Leno said her parents gave the max under law to McCain as a political contribution?

Here is Paris Hilton's response to the John McCain TV ad. It is really funny.

View the video at YouTube.

Guest Brian Smoot

Did you hear that Dick Cheney was snubbed by the Republicans and not invited to speak at the Republican Convention?

I guess their Oil-Man-in-Chief wasn't invited to celebrate the Republicans' dismal record on record high gas prices, and the failing economy in front of an audience of tens of thousands. Snubbing Dick Cheney won't change a thing. They can try to hide from their record, but they won't be able to run from it.

Guest Dan Lucas

With three months before Election Day, the McCain campaign launched a negative ad that mocks Barack Obama's popularity, comparing him to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. Chip Reid reports. I think this shows that John McCain is getting desperate.

This is only the first of many childish attempts Republicans will make to trivialize Senator Obama's candidacy and his approach to governing.

Guest human_*

Barack Obama does not even know HOW the Senate works "That's reality", and I got this little bit of info from a democrat who is just as hardcore as I am.

I still have a few allies within the democrat machinery.

And it would be nice if he had Experience in governing. He is a bright speaker, but that's it.

There is more games played in this town then there is in Las Vegas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only the first of many childish attempts Republicans will make to trivialize Senator Obama's candidacy and his approach to governing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ALWAYS RED

John McCain is not going to veto beer. He said that by mistake. But here is a new and important message from my candidate.

My Friends,

The next two weeks of this campaign will be defining. Both Senator Obama and I will announce our choices for vice presidential running mates and we will both accept our respective parties' nomination for President of the United States.

But, there are also stark contrasts between myself and Senator Obama. I intend to keep my promise of accepting federal funds for the general election. Senator Obama has chosen to break the promise he made many times before and will opt out of accepting these funds. I am a man of my word and I intend to honor the promises I have made during this campaign.

I am ready to lead our country as president but I won't win without your support. Beginning September 1st, we will be limited in the amount of money we can spend in this election and Senator Obama will be able to spend whatever he wants to defeat me. That's why your immediate contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or even $2,300 is so important to winning this campaign.

My friends, I have made many promises during this campaign - promises I intend to keep. First and foremost, I promise to put our country first, before my own self interest. I have put my country first throughout my entire life. I owe America more than she has ever owed me.

I am honored to have a career of service to my country and I would be honored to continue my service as the next President of the United States. Your support is critical now more than ever and I sincerely hope you decide to join my campaign today with a generous contribution before our deadline on August 31st. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John McCain

https://secure.donationreport.com/donation....DCMESSAGEBOARDS

Guest Jacob Champion

John McCain needs YOU!

The John McCain 2008 Presidential Campaign is looking for interns and volunteers for full-time positions available immediately in our Arlington (Crystal City), headquarters.

Interns/volunteers will work with staff on various projects essential to the campaign and play a significant role in building Senator McCain's grassroots efforts. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: Volunteer4@JohnMcCain.com

Thank you!

Jacob Champion, Deputy Director of Volunteers

Volunteer4@JohnMcCain.com

Whenever there’s a corrupt system, then you’re going to have these birds of prey descend on it to get their share of the spoils. - Senator John McCain

Randy Scheunemann is a big hot potato in the McCain camp that blurs the lines between his roles as a lobbyist and policy advisor to the Senator. Look for the media to question McCain on his judgment in choosing someone who is paid to promote the interests of other nations.

In 2005, while registered as a paid lobbyist for Georgia, Scheunemann worked with McCain to draft a congressional resolution pushing for Georgia's membership in NATO (NATO Freedom Consolidation Act of 2007). A year later, while still on the Georgian payroll, Scheunemann accompanied McCain on a trip to that country, where they met with Saakashvili.

On April 17, 2008, McCain spoke on the phone with Georgia President Mikheil Saakashvili about Russian efforts to gain leverage over two of Georgia's troubled provinces. That same day, McCain issued a public statement condemning Russia and expressing strong support for the Georgian position. Also on that same day, Georgia signed a new, $200,000 lobbying contract with Scheunemann's firm, Orion Strategies. Scheunemann remained with Orion Strategies until May 15, when the McCain campaign imposed a tough new anti-lobbyist policy and he was required to separate himself from the company.

Here are five foreign government's for whom Orion has lobbied:

Latvian Ministry of Defense

Government of Romania

Republic of Macedonia

Government of Georgia

Government of Taiwan

In 1998, while an adviser to Republican Senators Bob Dole and Trent Lott, Scheunemann drafted the Iraq Liberation Act and got the federal government to funnel $98 million to Iraqi exiles associated with Chalabi’s INC.

Chalabi and other members of the INC have been being investigated for fraud involving the exchange of Iraqi currency, grand theft of both national and private assets, and many other criminal charges in Iraq. On May 19, 2004 the U.S. government discontinued their regular payments to Chalabi for information he provided. Then on May 20, Iraqi police supported by U.S. soldiers raided his offices and residence, taking documents and computers, presumably to be used as evidence.

In June 2004, it was reported that Chalabi gave U.S. state secrets to Iran in April, including the fact that one of the United States' most valuable sources of Iranian intelligence was a broken Iranian code used by their spy services.

Chalabi attended the 2006 Bilderberg Conference meeting outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Bilderberg has been accused of having kingmaker power as prominent politicians are seen to attend the group before being elected while their political rivals do not attend.

I support McCain because anybody DC Mayor Fenty endorses has to be like him: Gay, dishonest, racist and stupid!

McCain was asked a simple question during an interview with Politico.com. Nothing tricky about it. No curveball this: How many houses do you and Mrs. McCain have?

"I think," said McCain, "uh, I'll have my staff get to you. I'll try to tell you about that."

Huh? Most Americans would certainly be able to answer that question, especially the ones facing foreclosure or mortgages that are ratcheting up.

McCain's staff did get back as promised, saying the number was "at least four." Again, few Americans are in the four-house category.

Even more embarrassing is that McCain and his wife, Cindy, own at least seven homes worth in the neighborhood of $13 million. Scattered across the country.

Many Americans are in danger of losing their homes to foreclosure, but John McCain has a different problem: Remembering how many houses he owns. I guess that's the new definition of filthy rich: Not knowing how many estates you own.

We have to keep in mind that McCain is older than dirt -- it shouldn't be surprising that he doesn't know how many homes he owns.

This story illustrates how out-of-touch McCain is with average Americans, he is incapable of feeling our pain.

Guest Fed Up
McCain was asked a simple question during an interview with Politico.com. Nothing tricky about it. No curveball this: How many houses do you and Mrs. McCain have?

"I think," said McCain, "uh, I'll have my staff get to you. I'll try to tell you about that."

Huh? Most Americans would certainly be able to answer that question, especially the ones facing foreclosure or mortgages that are ratcheting up.

McCain's staff did get back as promised, saying the number was "at least four." Again, few Americans are in the four-house category.

Even more embarrassing is that McCain and his wife, Cindy, own at least seven homes worth in the neighborhood of $13 million. Scattered across the country.

Many Americans are in danger of losing their homes to foreclosure, but John McCain has a different problem: Remembering how many houses he owns. I guess that's the new definition of filthy rich: Not knowing how many estates you own.

We have to keep in mind that McCain is older than dirt -- it shouldn't be surprising that he doesn't know how many homes he owns.

This story illustrates how out-of-touch McCain is with average Americans, he is incapable of feeling our pain.

It does not matter how many houses McCain or his wife own. Most American presidents are built by other people’s money. The point is that he’s clueless and probably won’t help the average non-rich person, because he can’t relate to them.

Guest Republican National Committee

Over the past months, over 1.7 million Americans from all across the country have joined together in financially supporting my campaign and the RNC Victory 2008 effort to help elect Republicans across the board on November 4th.

I am deeply grateful for your support and all that you are doing for our Party and our cause. But we must continue to work collectively to win these crucial contests that are so important to the future of our nation.

My opponent broke his pledge to the American people to accept public financing during the general election - a pledge I have kept. The Obama Democrats are raising unprecedented amounts of money. They and their liberal special interest allies - Big Labor, MoveOn.org, Hollywood elites and other left-wing groups - plan to spend nearly $1 billion in an effort to mow over Republican candidates with negative and misleading attack ads that will play non-stop across our country's airwaves from now until Election Day - especially in the essential swing states.

Despite what the Obama Democrats and the liberal media would have you believe, my campaign and the RNC rely on the generous voluntary contributions of Republican activists like you for the support we need to answer their barrage of assaults with the truth.

John McCain

Contribute to the campaign today

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.