Washington DC Message Boards

GOV SARAH PALIN TO BE MCCAIN'S RUNNING MATE

Psycho

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest human_*

Blingbling, even I know better to call women “A Bimbo". That's like walking directly into a mind field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is campaign advertisement from the Republican's most powerful player. Alaska Senator Ted Stevens endorsed Sarah Palin for governor. This video was available on Palin's campaign Web site until the almighty Stevens got federally indicted this summer. Then it got immediately pulled. Luckily You Tube still has the video available for your viewing pleasure.

On July 29, 2008 Stevens was indicted by a federal grand jury on seven counts of falsely reporting gifts. The charges relate to renovations to his home and to more than $250,000 worth of gifts he has allegedly received from VECO Corporation.

It is great to see that Sarah Palin admits that she is in line with Ted Stevens

Governor Meets with Senator Stevens During Juneau Visit - Applauds Senator’s Comments Before Legislature

March 19, 2007, Juneau, Alaska – For the second time in less than a month, Governor Sarah Palin met today with the state’s senior Senator, Ted Stevens. This morning’s meeting was held in the Governor’s Juneau office.

During the meeting, Senator Stevens and the Governor focused on the AGIA. Many of those comments were reiterated during the Senator’s joint address before the Legislature soon after.

“It is so encouraging to hear again that Senator Stevens and I are singing from the same sheet of music,” said Governor Palin. “In his address, he pushed for action this year on a natural gas pipeline. I also have the Senator’s assurance that once the state has acted on the AGIA, our Congressional Delegation will do everything it can do to expedite the federal review of the natural gas pipeline project.”

This was article was pulled from the governor's web site as well, but Google had a a copy

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:QrJDL...D216%26type%3D1

If you want another four years of corruption then vote for McSame and his bimbo side kick.

Guest Eddie_*

campaign operative for Republican Party edited article on vice presidential nominee

Multiple news agencies, including the New York Times and CNET yesterday suggested that a campaign operative for Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate, worked on the Wikipedia article on her in the 24 hours before the vice presidential candidate was announced. After seeing these allegations, Wikinews decided to investigate the claim further.

The user who added the content on Wikipedia was known as Young Trigg, and Wikinews has learned that the account was created at exactly 08:02 UTC on August 28. Just eight minutes later the user made their first edit to Wikipedia. In this first edit the user said that Palin "briefly worked as a sports reporter for local Anchorage television stations, while also working as a commercial fisherman with her husband, Todd, her high school sweetheart"

In the second edit Palin and her family were described as "avid outdoors enthusiasts." This edit also said that "Sarah and her father would sometimes wake at three am to hunt moose before school, and the family would regularly run 5k and 10k races"

Some of the other edits say that Sarah was "brought to statewide attention because of whistleblowing on ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders," she played in a "championship game despite a stress fracture in her ankle, hitting a critical free throw in the last seconds," and she won a "scholarship to help pay her way through college." Young Trigg also noted that "Palin holds a lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association. "

The editor also said that her election of mayor came "despite the lack of support from party leaders and being outspent by her Democratic opponent." Other positive claims added included the statement that "Palin successfully killed the Bridge to Nowhere project that had become a nationwide symbol of wasteful earmark spending."

Young Trigg also removed the sentence that said that "critics [of Palin] included the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners."

This unusual editing pattern aroused some suspicion among other editors of Wikipedia. One of these editors is Justen Deal, who told Young Trigg that "some of yours edits may have affected the article in such a way so as to reflect more favorably on the subject of the article."

Deal described his reason for suspecting a conflict of interest to a reporter for Wikinews. He said that "It was clear to me that an editor very familiar with Wikipedia and the governor had made a single-purpose account that had made a significant number of edits that were universally favorable to the subject of the article. Given the fortuitous timing, it made sense to remind the editor of our conflict of interest guidelines."

After this message was sent by Deal, Young Trigg said that "I will acknowledge that I volunteer for the McCain campaign." The user did however state that "I did not know Palin was the nominee when I made my edits," and "no one instructed me to make these edits. No one knew that I made these edits. I did this on my own 'becuz' I like improving Wikipedia articles."

Below is an extract from Young Trigg's comment:

... I am not Sarah Palin. I think it is obvious that I am not the five-month old Trig Paxson Van Palin. I am not a member of Sarah Palin's family, or even Michael Palin's family. To my knowledge, I have never even been in the same room as a member of the Palin family.

I did not "edit for five hours." I edited for a couple of hours over a five-hour span while I was reading the Internet. The timing was coincidental. I finished reading the Palin biography that day, went to her page, and saw a lot of "cite needed" places and thought I should improve the article and created an account to do so. There is a huge problem with Wikipedia in that editors are rely exclusively on Google and leave out stuff that can be found in books. Is it so strange that a biographical encyclopedia article should include cites to the only book written about the subject?

Ninety percent of the "whitewash" allegations made in the Daily Kos thread were edits made by other editors. The others are legitimate edits. No one has identified a single edit made by me that violates Wikipedia rules or was inaccurate.

I was not the person who added the claim that Palin was the vice presidential nominee. A vandal or Palin fan did that, perhaps based on Internet rumors that were going around at the time. The same thing happened on the Pawlenty page, the only difference was that the people editing the Palin page happened to be editing a page that ended up getting a lot of attention the next day.

No one instructed me to make these edits. No one knew that I made these edits. I did this on my own becuz I like improving Wikipedia articles. I create SPAs precisely for the sort of reason this to-do came up: crazy people making up conspiracy theories wanting to blame the editor for their own problems, and then huge games of telephone where people who don't understand Wikipedia blame one person for every edit that happened to an article. Have you seen some of the threats in the Daily Kos comments? One of my accounts is for editing hockey articles; another for articles about history; another for evolution; and so on. (Unlike Sarah Palin, I believe in evolution.) Forgive me that I want to remain anonymous rather than have my family exposed to one of those crazies or have Daily Kos auditing every edit I've ever made about the Whiskey Rebellion. (I have not actually edited Whiskey Rebellion, that was a hypothetical example. Don't waste time crawling through the contirbutors there.) Correction, this comment made me curious, and I just edited Whiskey Rebellion. Sorry.

I did not know Palin was the nominee when I made my edits. (According to the Wall Street Journal, McCain didn't make up his mind until Thursday, hours after most of my edits.) If there's a politician out there hoping for appointments who want to hire me to edit their articles, maybe they will have the same luck, but I doubt it. (That's a joke. Again, no one hired or asked me to edit this article.)

Young Trigg made a total of 43 contributions (many on talk pages) and announced they would retire from Wikipedia at 07:58 UTC on August 31. In addition to editing the article on Sarah Palin, the user also anonymously contributed to Wikipedia to say that Palin was the VP nominee before the official announcement the following message:

... Where did you hear Palin was the VP nominee? I can't find anything online. ...

I have tried to contact the McCain campaign a with a request for a statement regarding this issue; and, at the time of publication, had not received a response.

Guest Shocked

I think it is horrible that Sarah Palin would think of dragging her pregnant 16 year old daughter through the mud. The media is going to ruin her Bristol's life. Resign NOW, stating personal family PROBLEMS and give McCain a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Bristol Palin should be off limits to this discussion. What should be discussed is why John McCain did not pick Maine Senior Senator Olympia Snowe. She is one of the most influential modern U.S. Senators in Republican History. Sarah Palin has not experience at all. She did not even have a passport until she was governor. I look forward to her interviews on Wednesday.

I think Bristol Palin should be off limits to this discussion. What should be discussed is why John McCain did not pick Maine Senior Senator Olympia Snowe. She is one of the most influential modern U.S. Senators in Republican History. Sarah Palin has not experience at all. She did not even have a passport until she was governor. I look forward to her interviews on Wednesday.

Barack Obama knows Joe Biden very well. John McCain does not know Sarah Palin at all. This is a gimmick to get votes. That is very clear. I just wonder who really choose her. Maybe Karl Rove?

View the video at YouTube.

If Palin was a man, the Governor would have never been picked. Vice President choices are always strategic moves made with the help of party advisors. There is rumor that Senator McCain is going to pick his cabinet members early. Is there any truth to that?

I think it is horrible that Sarah Palin would think of dragging her pregnant 16 year old daughter through the mud. The media is going to ruin her Bristol's life. Resign NOW, stating personal family PROBLEMS and give McCain a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is funny how the news is reporting how the media should not be reporting this personal story every half hour all day long. This election should not be on race and teen pregnancy. Stick to the issues.

Edited by Luke_Wilbur

Guest human_*

Law l I could see Barack Obama as being Vice President, but as president?

What qualifications does he "Barack Obama" have? That is your main argument.

McCain is showing through his pick that he too is for change "Real Change".

I CAN reverse your argument; in picking Biden that barack obama IS NOT FOR CHANGE AT ALL.

Barack Obama's treatment of a fellow politician with in the democrat party showed a LACK of Professionalism, and as well "A Double Standard".

The political race bears that out.

Law; I have debated Lawyers before. You are not my first, or second for that matter.

Your understanding in another post in that Condoleezza Rice as being a Black Women in Charge of the State Department was Offensive to the Arabic Community is indicative of a mentality that has NO PLACE in the Professional World.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law l I could see Barack Obama as being Vice President, but as president?

What qualifications does he "Barack Obama" have? That is your main argument.

McCain is showing through his pick that he too is for change "Real Change".

I CAN reverse your argument; in picking Biden that barack obama IS NOT FOR CHANGE AT ALL.

Barack Obama's treatment of a fellow politician with in the democrat party showed a LACK of Professionalism, and as well "A Double Standard".

The political race bears that out.

Law; I have debated Lawyers before. You are not my first, or second for that matter.

Your understanding in another post in that Condoleezza Rice as being a Black Women in Charge of the State Department was Offensive to the Arabic Community is indicative of a mentality that has NO PLACE in the Professional World.

McCain must be breaking your heart Human.

On Super Tuesday that when we will all know who will be who in the game.

Out of the 24 states in play, only 19 will be holding elections for both parties. Of course the odds on favorite will be on the democrat side? Hillary, and on the republican side? Even I don't know yet.

For me! I sure hope to god it aint McCain. It would really break my heart if I had to make the case for McCain.

Do you think that Sarah Palin was the best Republican woman choice?

Guest human_*

This article CLEARLY states Barack Obamas' LACK of understanding of the political process, and for the supporters of barack to state that he has the experience to lead "A NATION"?

When he CLEARLY does not have EVEN the basic understanding of the political power structure with in the Senate NOT only shows that he "Barack Obama" has a Serious LACK of experience, but also Poor Judgment.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12530.html

The Obama campaign is denying House Ways and Means Chairman Charles B. Rangel a speaking role at this month’s Democratic National Convention — a move those close to the powerhouse Harlem congressman view as a spiteful snub.

Rangel surrogates approached Obama staffers this week about the possibility of securing him a slot at the podium, making the case that it would showcase reconciliation between the nominee and Hillary Rodham Clinton’s African-American supporters.

But they were told that the 78-year-old congressman’s support for Clinton earned him a place at the end of the line behind Barack Obama’s loyalists — even if Rangel played a crucial part in prodding Clinton to abandon her presidential bid in June.

“It’s crazy. … This man [Rangel] controls tax policy in the United States. He’s a lot bigger than just a regular member of Congress. He deserves more respect than this,” said a Rangel confidant. “Basically they have told us they can’t help us, that there are too many Obama supporters ahead of Charlie on the line.”

Responding to questions posed to the Obama press office, convention spokesperson Natalie Wyeth said: "We have a wealth of talent within our party and very limited speaking roles."

Rangel “is a team player and will support” Obama, the confidant said, but added “I can’t imagine that Charlie is happy about this.”

Another Rangel insider said the chairman — whose support is deemed essential if Obama wants to pass his tax reform agenda — is more aggravated than angry. But the famously blunt Korean War veteran is “way less than jazzed” about attending the convention and plans to spend only a day or two in Denver, the person added.

“This isn’t unexpected — Charlie is the New York face of Hillary Clinton,” said Baruch College politics professor Doug Muzzio. “There’s already an awful lot of Clinton in this convention and Charlie would have been a bit too much.”

Obama’s nearly unanimous support among blacks nationwide has made securing the support of elder statesmen like Rangel less important — and the New York Times' recent investigation into Rangel’s access to spacious apartments in Harlem at below-market rents hasn’t gone unnoticed in Obama’s Chicago headquarters.

A Rangel spokesman had no comment.

The dean of New York’s congressional delegation sparred sporadically with Obama during the primaries — most notably describing Obama’s comments about the historical roles played by Martin Luther King Jr. and Lyndon Baines Johnson as “absolutely stupid.”

But he also played a critical, perhaps decisive role, in convincing the former first lady to bow out gracefully during an early June conference call with House members. And he’s been glowing in his praise of the party’s first African-American nominee after Clinton withdrew on June 7.

Amie Parnes contributed to this report.

McCain must be breaking your heart Human.

If McCain wanted real change why didn't he pick Condoleezza Rice as his Vice Presidentual running mate?

Ms. Rice is versed in forgein affairs as well as being honest to the American people.

This article CLEARLY states Barack Obamas' LACK of understanding of the political process, and for the supporters of barack to state that he has the experience to lead "A NATION"?

When he CLEARLY does not have EVEN the basic understanding of the political power structure with in the Senate NOT only shows that he "Barack Obama" has a Serious LACK of experience, but also Poor Judgment.

Isn't your point mute because Rep. Rangel ended up speaking at the convention? Are you trying to dodge my question:

Here is a transcript of the Congressman Rangel's speech in case you missed it.

http://www.demconvention.com/charles-rangel/

Charles Rangel, (NY-15)Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 04:15 PM

Today we stand here blessed, on the cusp of a great historic election that will determine for generations the course of this great nation. We do it sadly without one of our dearest friends and a true progressive champion.

Stephanie Tubbs Jones never stopped believing in the power of the American dream because she was proof of it. Only in America could a young black woman from Cleveland, the daughter of an airport skycap and a cook, work her way through college and law school to achieve a lifetime of firsts in local government and Congress.

She shattered myths and showed us that an America that provided opportunity for all–that did not succumb to the prejudices based on race, religion, color or class or sex–was not just possible, but necessary for our survival. If she were with us today, she would ask that we come together to dare, like Sen. Barack Obama does, to dream of a more perfect union, one that is a better place for working families.

A dream that has been derailed too often in eight years by stifling deficits, an immoral war in Iraq and a tax system that rewards the rich and few. A dream that Sen. John McCain wants to further tarnish by extending President Bush’s failed economic policies with even more costly and regressive tax cuts that once again leave behind over 100 million households. We cannot let that pass.

We must renew the promise of a land that our Stephanie loved so much. We must change our national priorities, restore fairness and reinvest in the health and education of our country's true strength: its people. We must see to it that Barack Obama and Joe Biden and a strong Democratic Congress are elected this November. We must do it for Stephanie, we must do it for our great country!

Guest A Friend of Dusty

Here is bigger story coming out. Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s vendetta against the state trooper who divorced her sister may have spilled over into a broader retaliation against Alaska’s police with more than $2 million slashed from their budget as well as the elimination of temporary staff positions and the firing of the public safety commissioner, according to police representatives.

Guest Brady Campaign

The designation by Senator John McCain of Governor Sarah Jane Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate and her relatively thin or unknown record on many issues, including gun violence prevention, makes her answers to the following questions important:

In view of your being a lifetime member of the NRA, what is your reaction to the disclosure that the NRA has been paying a woman to spy on gun violence prevention groups and the victims they represent for over 10 years?

Most Americans, including President Bush, support banning military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. What is your position?

Do you agree with Senator McCain that the gun-show loophole (allowing individuals to buy guns at a gun show with no background check from so-called "private sellers") should be closed?

What did you mean when you described attacks on our Second Amendment rights as equivalent to gangs and drug use as something that would harm family life. [Eagle Forum Alaska questionnaire, 7-30-06.] Does this include efforts by groups like the Brady Campaign to make it harder for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons?

Do you agree with Senator McCain that background check approval records for gun purchases should be kept for 90 days instead of 24 hours, that ATF should be able to require gun stores to conduct inventory audits, and that crime gun trace information should be more widely available to law enforcement and the public? [see Senator McCains statement on the Senate floor, 1-22-04.]

Guest human_*

Raven; If McCain picked Condoleezza Rice the Democrats would have claimed, and right fully so "Same Ole Same Ole".

My Expertise is international politics, and what the democrats HAVE done to all of us in that arena; IS truly insane.

The Middle East IS going Nuclear, Latin America IS going Nuclear, and I do KNOW what's going on, and what's in the pipeline.<~~~~ There is no fixing this, The democrats HAVE OPENED PANDORAS BOX.

My group "Republicans" let our thick headedness go to our heads. That is why Condoleezza Rice went over to State "To Clean House".

In my world "The International Community" IS Salivating at the thought of a Virgin like Barack Obama in the White House "Even with Biden at his side".

It's the truth, Oh boy! I very much dislike only being able to type with one hand, and my other being tied behind my back. I really WISHED that You People Could Enter my World of Politics........................................................................

I CAN promise you IT WOULD REALLY OPEN YOUR EYES'.

If McCain wanted real change why didn't he pick Condoleezza Rice as his Vice Presidentual running mate?

Ms. Rice is versed in forgein affairs as well as being honest to the American people.

Guest Karen_*

Both McCain and Palin believe in abstinence-only education. The VP's own family shows what a policy failure it is to assume no teenagers will have sex if you tell them to wait until marriage, and to thus fail to educate them about how to reduce the risks of unwanted pregnancy (and sexually transmitted infections).

The pregnant daughter is now going to also become a teenage bride. McCain also announced she will marry the father. I strongly suspect she would not have gotten married before she was even old enough to vote had she not gotten knocked up.

Republicans must be proud today, as their delusional policies result in a presumably unplanned pregnancy and a presumably also unplanned wedding. In July 2007, McCain said he, "strongly opposes efforts by the Democratic-controlled Congress to eliminate abstinence-only sex education classes for school-aged children.”

This admission about Bristol's pregnancy followed a few days of rumors and speculation that Sarah Palin's five month old son, Trig, was actually Bristol's. Bristol was reportedly out of school for four or more months during the last school year, supposedly due to mono. The impression from (unsourced) blogs was that this time frame coincided with the end of the pregnancy with Trig. So, if she really had mono at that time, wasn't she not supposed to have contact with anyone (which she'd have to have had to get pregnant)? When and why was she really out of school, I wonder?

One more interesting point. CBS reports, "Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said." That's an odd thing to emphasize, given that both Bristol's mother and McCain don't believe women and girls should be able to make that choice.

Palin even considered a special session for a bill requiring parental consent for those under 17. http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/apr/08042408.html Of that bill, and a "partial birth abortion" one, she said, "As you are aware, I fully support these bills."

Guest Share the Truth

All political insiders know that McCain wanted Lieberman. Dr. Richard Land, President of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission made sure the Senator rethought his decision. A McCain/Lieberman ticket would have created a firestorm of reaction from conservative Christians across the nation. The evangelical right gave McCain the choice of Gov. Palin of Alaska or Gov. Mike Huckabee. The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission is the public policy arm of the Southern Baptist Convention.

I am registered one way and thinking of voting the other way, lol.

I like Biden and what he stands for, but Obama does not have the tenure to be President.

McCain does have the tenure, but can our Country stand four more years of what is going on now? The high unemployment rate, the outsourcing, and believe it our not the discrimination going on under most people's noses and nothing is done.

I do not mean the kind that is exterior, the race, but I mean the age of a person trying to get ahead, and that is not right. But maybe with McCain being in office that may change with him being an older American.

Raven; If McCain picked Condoleezza Rice the Democrats would have claimed, and right fully so "Same Ole Same Ole".

My Expertise is international politics, and what the democrats HAVE done to all of us in that arena; IS truly insane.

The Middle East IS going Nuclear, Latin America IS going Nuclear, and I do KNOW what's going on, and what's in the pipeline.<~~~~ There is no fixing this, The democrats HAVE OPENED PANDORAS BOX.

My group "Republicans" let our thick headedness go to our heads. That is why Condoleezza Rice went over to State "To Clean House".

In my world "The International Community" IS Salivating at the thought of a Virgin like Barack Obama in the White House "Even with Biden at his side".

It's the truth, Oh boy! I very much dislike only being able to type with one hand, and my other being tied behind my back. I really WISHED that You People Could Enter my World of Politics........................................................................

I CAN promise you IT WOULD REALLY OPEN YOUR EYES'.

Guest Jesselee

McCain decided to cancel his Larry King Interview over Campbell Brown's question...

"Can you just tell me ONE decision that she made as commander of the Alaska National Guard, just one."

Tucker couldn't do it. He ducked and ran, he tried to side step and deflect but HE COULDN'T NAME EVEN ONE.

You cant CLAIM executive military experience and fail to provide a single example of it.

Guest Jesselee

People acutely interested in high level politics in the US who also work in libraries may be interested in this Time magazine article about Sarah Palin. I was very interested in this paragraph.

[Former Wasilla mayor] Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. “She asked the library how she could go about banning books,” he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. “The librarian was aghast.” The librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn’t be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire her for not giving “full support” to the mayor.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1837918,00.html

Guest Baltimore Progressive

This past a week a video emerged of Palin telling students there that the U.S. invasion of Iraq is a task from God. Her comments have raised concerns she could see some government actions as inevitable or pre-ordained as part of a theocratic belief in “end times.”

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.