Washington DC Message Boards

Enough of the D.C. Dems

Here is an enlightening piece written by Molly Ivins on the state of the Democratic Party:

Mah fellow progressives, now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of the party. I don’t know about you, but I have had it with the D.C. Democrats, had it with the DLC Democrats, had it with every calculating, equivocating, triangulating, straddling, hair-splitting son of a b---- up there, and that includes Hillary Rodham Clinton....I can’t see a damn soul in D.C. except Russ Feingold who is even worth considering for President. The rest of them seem to me so poisonously in hock to this system of legalized bribery they can’t even see straight....

Every Democrat I talk to is appalled at the sheer gutlessness and spinelessness of the Democratic performance. The party is still cringing at the thought of being called, ooh-ooh, “unpatriotic” by a bunch of rightwingers. Take “unpatriotic” and shove it. How dare they do this to our country? “Unpatriotic”? These people have ruined the American military! Not to mention the economy, the middle class, and our reputation in the world. Everything they touch turns to dirt, including Medicare prescription drugs and hurricane relief. This is not a time for a candidate who will offend no one; it is time for a candidate who takes clear stands and kicks a--....

What happens now is not up to the has-beens in Washington who run this party. It is up to us. So let’s get off our butts and start building a progressive movement that can block the nomination of Hillary Clinton or any other candidate who supposedly has “all the money sewed up.” I am tired of having the party nomination decided before the first primary vote is cast, tired of having the party beholden to the same old Establishment money. We can raise our own money on the Internet, and we know it. Howard Dean raised $42 million, largely on the web, with a late start when he was running for President, and that ain’t chicken feed. If we double it, it gives us the lock on the nomination. So let’s go find a good candidate early and organize the s--- out of our side.

http://www.progressive.orgSPAM3142

Thanks, Luke. Molly Ivins' perspective is always a welcome addition. She is too often the lone sensible voice in what passes for our national dialogue, and I couldn't agree with her more. In fact, the idea that there are two functioning, oppositional parties with distinguishable ideologies is, by now, utterly laughable. They're all on the same team now. Team Corporation. Their supposed internicine battles are trivial and mostly just for show.

We're given a "choice" between Coke and Pepsi, metaphorically speaking, when we want ginger ale, or Cabernet or just some clean tap water, thanks.

Don't get me started. I heart Molly Ivins.

Here is an enlightening piece written by Molly Ivins on the state of the Democratic Party:

Mah fellow progressives, now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of the party. I don’t know about you, but I have had it with the D.C. Democrats, had it with the DLC Democrats, had it with every calculating, equivocating, triangulating, straddling, hair-splitting son of a b---- up there, and that includes Hillary Rodham Clinton....I can’t see a damn soul in D.C. except Russ Feingold who is even worth considering for President. The rest of them seem to me so poisonously in hock to this system of legalized bribery they can’t even see straight....

Every Democrat I talk to is appalled at the sheer gutlessness and spinelessness of the Democratic performance. The party is still cringing at the thought of being called, ooh-ooh, “unpatriotic” by a bunch of rightwingers. Take “unpatriotic” and shove it. How dare they do this to our country? “Unpatriotic”? These people have ruined the American military! Not to mention the economy, the middle class, and our reputation in the world. Everything they touch turns to dirt, including Medicare prescription drugs and hurricane relief. This is not a time for a candidate who will offend no one; it is time for a candidate who takes clear stands and kicks a--....

What happens now is not up to the has-beens in Washington who run this party. It is up to us. So let’s get off our butts and start building a progressive movement that can block the nomination of Hillary Clinton or any other candidate who supposedly has “all the money sewed up.” I am tired of having the party nomination decided before the first primary vote is cast, tired of having the party beholden to the same old Establishment money. We can raise our own money on the Internet, and we know it. Howard Dean raised $42 million, largely on the web, with a late start when he was running for President, and that ain’t chicken feed. If we double it, it gives us the lock on the nomination. So let’s go find a good candidate early and organize the s--- out of our side.

The Republicans were never the ones who set out to cut the Military Budget, The Republicans have not ruined the economy.

The Republicans ARE the ones who got a Prescription Drug Plan for the elderly through "of which I might add that the democrats have talked about, and would to this day still would have just talked about one", and the list goes on.

When it has come to the War on Terror, the democrats have moved heaven, and earth to undermine

Our Countries Position with respect to the war on terror. Al gore feeding the hate propaganda machine against OUR Beloved Country, Carter playing up to the left wing in the Americas, and Russ Feingold calling for Censure For a President who is trying to keep us safe from terrorism.

The Democrats record when it came to matters of intelligence is ALL TO CLEAR; It will take 5 years TO FIX THE DISASTEROUS POLICIES that created a non functioning CIA.

Hispanic/Latino groups are WELL AWARE in how the Democrats treat Minority groups, and my group will

Not be ignored or abused as you "democrats” have ignored the African American Community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.