Washington DC Message Boards

Rees' Campaign Is Alive And Well

I am very disgusted by all of the postings here on the DC Message Board placed by only God knows who as I am sure nobody is putting out their real name, but to set the record straight:

1. My campaign is alive, well and growing rapidly as my team has just complete round one of having distributed up and down every street in ward three my campaign literature to every car with a ward 3 sticker on it and have tacked up on every telephone pole owned by PEPCO a mini-flyer;

2. Round two with a lot more will begin November 1 and continue up until August 2006;

3. That I am legally married and actually have three children;

4. That tomorrow night ( Sat. Oct 22, 2005), I have been invited to sit at the same table as Mayor Williams and Council Members Ambrose, Catania and Evans at a black tie event at the Washington Times Ballroom but none of my current challengers for ward three were invited;

5. That the City Paper and Washington Times have written about me, I have been on two talk shows and both the City Paper and Washington Post said they were planning a feature story on me at the end of the year;

6. That I am not affiliated with anyone here that has spoken good or bad of me; and

7. I accept the fact that in this crazy political game there will be mean spirited people who will say anything to get name recognition but they are hurting themselves and the people behind them so I just shrug it off as immature types who don't have anything to offer so they just attack and attack others to make themselves feel important.

Jonathan R. Rees

Candidate for Ward 3 City Council

Mr Rees,

What is your position on the D.C. government's demand that propery owners give up their land for the District's proposed Major League Baseball stadium.

Natalia,

I am opposed to the use of “eminent domain” to force anybody in DC to give up their home for the purpose of building a new baseball stadium.

Jonathan R. Rees

I am very disgusted by all of the postings here on the DC Message Board placed by only God knows who as I am sure nobody is putting out their real name, but to set the record straight:

[snip]

5. That the City Paper and Washington Times have written about me, I have been on two talk shows and both the City Paper and Washington Post said they were planning a feature story on me at the end of the year;

[snip]

Jonathan R. Rees

Mr. Rees --

I heard you on Linda Chavez's radio show on WMET. Twice --not once, but twice-- you gave the wrong URL for your own website. (Don't believe me -- just listen to a tape of the show.) That's indicative of how unrealistic a candidate you are for City Council.

Your website, www.rees-for-citycouncil.com, does speak volumes, though: No phone number, no physical address, odd fonts, large print. Very strange.

And while you may claim that you're posting freely on moderated neighborhood email lists, anyone who visits the Tenleytown, Cleveland Park, Glover Park or Chevy Chase DC lists will see that there's nothing from you at all of recent vintage. Facts do speak louder than words.

[snip]

[snip]

Jonathan R. Rees

Mr. Rees --

I heard you on Linda Chavez's radio show on WMET. Twice --not once, but twice-- you gave the wrong URL for your own website. (Don't believe me -- just listen to a tape of the show.) That's indicative of how unrealistic a candidate you are for City Council.

Your website, www.rees-for-citycouncil.com, does speak volumes, though: No phone number, no physical address, odd fonts, large print. Very strange.

And while you may claim that you're posting freely on moderated neighborhood email lists, anyone who visits the Tenleytown, Cleveland Park, Glover Park or Chevy Chase DC lists will see that there's nothing from you at all of recent vintage. Facts do speak louder than words.

JT Frank which clearly is not your real name, I appeared once on the Linda Chavez show and if by chance they re-telecasted it is not my concern.

My website of www.rees-for-citycouncil.com is a valid website and I am not obligated to give out any address on my website and I chose not to do so because of people like you who have nothing better to do than to spend days, weeks and months stalking candidates on the web and elsewhere with no real goal in mind other than to harass.

After posting much in the past, I have received over 6,000 emails and I am busy communicating with voters this way more than by any other means because these are intelligent people who want to know my position on issues and unlike you who has yet to ask such.

Please get a life.

Mr. Rees,

There have been a number of accusations claiming that you have invented aliases and posted messages on DC Pages and other listservs under those false identities. There's now some additional proof of that.

On your website you claim that the website, www.rees-for-citycouncil.com, was created by "Margaret Clay." But the sourcecode for your website, which anyone can see by telling their web browser to reveal source, says that you created your own website using Microsoft Word. (Word, by the way, is a program that no web designer would ever use.)

Your own website incriminates you.

Here's the source code:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<o:DocumentProperties>

<o:Author>Jonathan R. Rees</o:Author>

<o:Template>Normal</o:Template>

<o:LastAuthor>Jonathan R. Rees</o:LastAuthor>

<o:Revision>2</o:Revision>

<o:TotalTime>15</o:TotalTime>

<o:Created>2005-09-15T03:56:00Z</o:Created>

<o:LastSaved>2005-09-15T03:56:00Z</o:LastSaved>

<o:Pages>1</o:Pages>

<o:Words>296</o:Words>

<o:Characters>1693</o:Characters>

<o:Company>Rees for DC City Council</o:Company>

<o:Lines>14</o:Lines>

<o:Paragraphs>3</o:Paragraphs>

<o:CharactersWithSpaces>1986</o:CharactersWithSpaces>

<o:Version>10.6735</o:Version>

</o:DocumentProperties>

</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<w:WordDocument>

<w:Zoom>75</w:Zoom>

<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>

<w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>

<w:Compatibility>

<w:BreakWrappedTables/>

<w:SnapToGridInCell/>

<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>

<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>

</w:Compatibility>

<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>

</w:WordDocument>

</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object

classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object>

<style>

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }

</style>

<![endif]-->

Mr. Rees,

There have been a number of accusations claiming that you have invented aliases and posted messages on DC Pages and other listservs under those false identities. There's now some additional proof of that.

On your website you claim that the website, www.rees-for-citycouncil.com, was created by "Margaret Clay." But the sourcecode for your website, which anyone can see by telling their web browser to reveal source, says that you created your own website using Microsoft Word. (Word, by the way, is a program that no web designer would ever use.)

Your own website incriminates you.

Here's the source code:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<o:DocumentProperties>

<o:Author>Jonathan R. Rees</o:Author>

<o:Template>Normal</o:Template>

<o:LastAuthor>Jonathan R. Rees</o:LastAuthor>

<o:Revision>2</o:Revision>

<o:TotalTime>15</o:TotalTime>

<o:Created>2005-09-15T03:56:00Z</o:Created>

<o:LastSaved>2005-09-15T03:56:00Z</o:LastSaved>

<o:Pages>1</o:Pages>

<o:Words>296</o:Words>

<o:Characters>1693</o:Characters>

<o:Company>Rees for DC City Council</o:Company>

<o:Lines>14</o:Lines>

<o:Paragraphs>3</o:Paragraphs>

<o:CharactersWithSpaces>1986</o:CharactersWithSpaces>

<o:Version>10.6735</o:Version>

</o:DocumentProperties>

</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<w:WordDocument>

<w:Zoom>75</w:Zoom>

<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>

<w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>

<w:Compatibility>

<w:BreakWrappedTables/>

<w:SnapToGridInCell/>

<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>

<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>

</w:Compatibility>

<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>

</w:WordDocument>

</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object

classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object>

<style>

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }

</style>

<![endif]-->

Margaret Clay created the website on my computer and I merely uploaded it.

No fraud here on my part.

I would be happy to give Mr. Wilbur her phone number so he can talk to her to verify.

I am also curious why your email account jumps from a Hong Kong IP address and then from an American IP address. Are you changing IP addresses to mislead people who you are doing that to hide who you really are.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.