Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

Guest Hawaiianice44
:ph34r: Well this CCA company is still at it. I received a letter yesterday with the card in my name. Everything looks so legit. But I've only been at my new address for about 5 months, I can't believe I'm already on the junk mail address list. This company needs to be stopped, they really know how to rip people off. I'm glad I did the research and found this site. The old say " If it looks to good to be true. . . . it problems is. Thanks for all your info on this horrible company.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this card sucks and you shouldnt get your hopes up i have had this card for about 2 years and i cant find a place to use it i hope you read this and use this info and not even waist your time :angry:

Guest Jon Young

Look below... This Company has been at this for a long time!!!!! The FTC only finned them $5,000

and they are still doing the same thing to this day after 10 yrs. Still taking advantage of those with already poor credit and sticking to them. Why has no one gone and shut this down.. They are taking advantage of every person that calls them...$200.00 a pop... Please someone in law or legislative position protect the people and shut them down.. : :angry:

They have no catalog or anything for you -- They just collect the ativation fee and hide.....

For Release: June 19, 1998

Telemarketer of "Credit Services" Agrees to Settle Federal and State Fraud Charges

Consumer Credit Services, Inc. (CCS), based in Las Vegas, Nevada, has agreed to settle charges that it defrauded consumers nationwide through the deceptive telemarketing of credit cards and lines of credit for an up-front fee. The Federal Trade Commission, joined by the State of Nevada as co-plaintiff, charged CCS and its president, Eric A. Peterson, with violating the FTC Act, the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), and the Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act, by falsely representing that consumers would receive a major credit card or a $2,500 unrestricted line of credit in return for paying CCS an up-front fee ranging from $149.95 to $179.95. The settlement prohibits the defendants from engaging in the alleged deceptive practices, and requires them to pay $5,000 to the State of Nevada to be used for consumer protection initiatives.

According to the complaint detailing the allegations, CCS first contacted consumers by mailing written advertisements that stated, among other things, "You have been APPROVED for a $2,500 unsecured credit line from the Financial Card Division of CCS based on the information we have on file regardless of past credit," and "... your Approved credit line of $2,500 for credit purchases and cash advances will be available once you receive your CashPlus Card just by calling now." The ads contained small pictures of VISA, MasterCard and a CashPlus card on the upper right hand portion.

Consumers responded to the ads by calling the telephone number listed, where they were referred to CCS salespeople. The salespeople continued to represent that the consumer had been approved to receive and would receive a credit card and a $2,500 line of credit regardless of past credit history. Consumers were also informed that they would receive a VISA or MasterCard. Once consumers agreed to purchase CCS’s credit products, they were asked to pay a $149.95 fee, either by having their checking account debited or by charging it to a pre-existing credit card account.

Contrary to defendants' representations, the complaint alleged, consumers only received a package of materials from CCS that disclosed, for the first time, severe limitations on their ability to use the credit products promised. First, the $2,500 line of credit applied only to the use of defendants' "CashPlus" credit card (which was not a general credit card, but could only be used to purchase items from CCS catalogues); second, the cash advance was limited to only $10; third, consumers did not receive a VISA or MasterCard, only a form to request an application for a VISA or MasterCard that they must send to a bank; and fourth, CCS’s CashPlus card could not be used in an ATM machine.

The complaint further alleged that the defendants violated the Telemarketing Sales Rule by:

requesting or receiving an up-front fee to obtain an extension of credit; and

failing to disclose the material fact that CCS' "CashPlus" credit card could not be used as a general credit card.

In addition, the complaint alleged that the defendants violated the Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act ("DTPA") by:

failing to disclose a material fact in connection with the sale of services;

failing to register as a "credit services organization" and post a bond;

charging or receiving money before full and complete performance of the services have been completed; and

making affirmative misrepresentations in connection with selling their lines of credit and/or credit card.

Under the settlement, the defendants are prohibited from misrepresenting that consumers would receive:

an unsecured line of credit of any stated amount without restrictions;

cash advances of any stated amount; or

a credit card that is represented to be a general credit card to be used to buy goods or services from numerous merchants.

The settlement also prohibits the defendants from misrepresenting a consumer's ability to obtain an unsecured Visa or MasterCard credit card and from misrepresenting the ability to obtain or provide any credit instruments, such as credit cards, lines of credit and cash advances, regardless of a consumer’s credit history.

In addition, the order prohibits any violations of the TSR and the Nevada DTPA in connection with the telemarketing of any goods, or services, and requires the defendants to comply with Nevada registration and bonding requirements. Again, the settlement also requires the defendants to pay $5,000 to the State of Nevada to be used for consumer education purposes.

Finally the settlement contains recordkeeping provisions to assist the FTC in monitoring the defendants’ compliance.

The FTC and the Nevada Attorney General filed the complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, in Las Vegas, on May 7. The settlement, which required approval by the court, was filed and signed by the judge on June 3. The Commission vote to file the complaint and the settlement was 5-0.

NOTE: The stipulated final judgment is for settlement purposes only and does not constitute an admission by the defendant of a law violation. The settlement has the force of law when signed by the judge.

Copies of the complaint and the stipulated final judgment and order for permanent injunction are available from the FTC’s web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC’s Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580; 202-FTC-HELP (202-382-4357); TDD for the hearing impaired 1-866-653-4261. To find out the latest news as it is announced, call the FTC NewsPhone recording at 202-326-2710.

Media Contact:

Howard Shapiro,

Office of Public Affairs

202-326-2176

Staff Contact:

Jeffrey Klurfeld or Jerry Steiner

San Francisco Regional Office

901 Market Street

Suite 570

San Francisco, California 94103

415-356-5270

(Civil Action No.: CV-S-98-00741-DWH (RJJ))

(FTC File No.: 982 3004)

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

Read below I just added this--Jan 03 2008Look below... This Company has been at this for a long time!!!!! The FTC only finned them $5,000

and they are still doing the same thing to this day after 10 yrs. Still taking advantage of those with already poor credit and sticking to them. Why has no one gone and shut this down.. They are taking advantage of every person that calls them...$200.00 a pop... Please someone in law or legislative position protect the people and shut them down.. :

They have no catalog or anything for you -- They just collect the ativation fee and hide.....

For Release: June 19, 1998

Telemarketer of "Credit Services" Agrees to Settle Federal and State Fraud Charges

Consumer Credit Services, Inc. (CCS), based in Las Vegas, Nevada, has agreed to settle charges that it defrauded consumers nationwide through the deceptive telemarketing of credit cards and lines of credit for an up-front fee. The Federal Trade Commission, joined by the State of Nevada as co-plaintiff, charged CCS and its president, Eric A. Peterson, with violating the FTC Act, the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), and the Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act, by falsely representing that consumers would receive a major credit card or a $2,500 unrestricted line of credit in return for paying CCS an up-front fee ranging from $149.95 to $179.95. The settlement prohibits the defendants from engaging in the alleged deceptive practices, and requires them to pay $5,000 to the State of Nevada to be used for consumer protection initiatives.

According to the complaint detailing the allegations, CCS first contacted consumers by mailing written advertisements that stated, among other things, "You have been APPROVED for a $2,500 unsecured credit line from the Financial Card Division of CCS based on the information we have on file regardless of past credit," and "... your Approved credit line of $2,500 for credit purchases and cash advances will be available once you receive your CashPlus Card just by calling now." The ads contained small pictures of VISA, MasterCard and a CashPlus card on the upper right hand portion.

Consumers responded to the ads by calling the telephone number listed, where they were referred to CCS salespeople. The salespeople continued to represent that the consumer had been approved to receive and would receive a credit card and a $2,500 line of credit regardless of past credit history. Consumers were also informed that they would receive a VISA or MasterCard. Once consumers agreed to purchase CCS’s credit products, they were asked to pay a $149.95 fee, either by having their checking account debited or by charging it to a pre-existing credit card account.

Contrary to defendants' representations, the complaint alleged, consumers only received a package of materials from CCS that disclosed, for the first time, severe limitations on their ability to use the credit products promised. First, the $2,500 line of credit applied only to the use of defendants' "CashPlus" credit card (which was not a general credit card, but could only be used to purchase items from CCS catalogues); second, the cash advance was limited to only $10; third, consumers did not receive a VISA or MasterCard, only a form to request an application for a VISA or MasterCard that they must send to a bank; and fourth, CCS’s CashPlus card could not be used in an ATM machine.

The complaint further alleged that the defendants violated the Telemarketing Sales Rule by:

requesting or receiving an up-front fee to obtain an extension of credit; and

failing to disclose the material fact that CCS' "CashPlus" credit card could not be used as a general credit card.

In addition, the complaint alleged that the defendants violated the Nevada Deceptive Trade Practices Act ("DTPA") by:

failing to disclose a material fact in connection with the sale of services;

failing to register as a "credit services organization" and post a bond;

charging or receiving money before full and complete performance of the services have been completed; and

making affirmative misrepresentations in connection with selling their lines of credit and/or credit card.

Under the settlement, the defendants are prohibited from misrepresenting that consumers would receive:

an unsecured line of credit of any stated amount without restrictions;

cash advances of any stated amount; or

a credit card that is represented to be a general credit card to be used to buy goods or services from numerous merchants.

The settlement also prohibits the defendants from misrepresenting a consumer's ability to obtain an unsecured Visa or MasterCard credit card and from misrepresenting the ability to obtain or provide any credit instruments, such as credit cards, lines of credit and cash advances, regardless of a consumer’s credit history.

In addition, the order prohibits any violations of the TSR and the Nevada DTPA in connection with the telemarketing of any goods, or services, and requires the defendants to comply with Nevada registration and bonding requirements. Again, the settlement also requires the defendants to pay $5,000 to the State of Nevada to be used for consumer education purposes.

Finally the settlement contains recordkeeping provisions to assist the FTC in monitoring the defendants’ compliance.

The FTC and the Nevada Attorney General filed the complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, in Las Vegas, on May 7. The settlement, which required approval by the court, was filed and signed by the judge on June 3. The Commission vote to file the complaint and the settlement was 5-0.

NOTE: The stipulated final judgment is for settlement purposes only and does not constitute an admission by the defendant of a law violation. The settlement has the force of law when signed by the judge.

Copies of the complaint and the stipulated final judgment and order for permanent injunction are available from the FTC’s web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC’s Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580; 202-FTC-HELP (202-382-4357); TDD for the hearing impaired 1-866-653-4261. To find out the latest news as it is announced, call the FTC NewsPhone recording at 202-326-2710.

Media Contact:

Howard Shapiro,

Office of Public Affairs

202-326-2176

Staff Contact:

Jeffrey Klurfeld or Jerry Steiner

San Francisco Regional Office

901 Market Street

Suite 570

San Francisco, California 94103

415-356-5270

(Civil Action No.: CV-S-98-00741-DWH (RJJ))

(FTC File No.: 982 3004)

I got this letter in the mail today, offering me 6500,and so i called got it activated and i realized when is a credit card company going to offer you 6500 interest free...so i called and canceled it.... these people will keep telling you the same thing over and over again after you tell them no.... and it sucks because i cant close my account with my bank. i just got to make sure i don't keep any money in my account../

• 2 weeks later...
Guest veronica
\

Your a knucklehead and need to learn how to read fine print on the letter and learn how to think for your self. I am a past worker and you need to know that your able to opt out and call the number and not get any more mail from this company. You are the only person that is able to give the personal info that you state they have on you unless you gave it to them. You need read your post and see how dumd you sound asking question about thinks that are right in front of your face on black and white paper.

LOTS OF LOVE

Veronica

who dick you sucking in the company for you to help them scam people you a dirty doggess and should burn in hell for ripping hard working people off you promiscuous women are all alike any thing for a buck doggess

Guest Vic 122682
Your a knucklehead and need to learn how to read fine print on the letter and learn how to think for your self. I am a past worker and you need to know that your able to opt out and call the number and not get any more mail from this company. You are the only person that is able to give the personal info that you state they have on you unless you gave it to them. You need read your post and see how dumd you sound asking question about thinks that are right in front of your face on black and white paper.

LOTS OF LOVE

Veronica

Hey Veronica. You need to learn how to spell. You misspelled the word "dumb." If your writing is any indication of the type of people that work for First National Card, then I do think everyone here has got a case against the company.

Guest devine1

My husband got the offer just today. I read it & tried getting on line to try to order a catalog & guess what I discovered? IT IS A SCAM. I found out the HARD way about 4 years ago & got a CCA card for $7500. I called to cancel it & they told me everything I wanted to hear (that they will send me a catalog by mail). I am still waiting for THAT to happen. DON'T BELEIVE A WORD THEY SAY TO YOU. THEY ARE NOT REAL. YOU CANNOT PURCHASE & ACTUALLY RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM THESE FRAUDS.

I received this card in the mail once before and the Holy Spirit told me to cut it up and pretend I ever saw it.

I just received it in the mail again, same offer and decided to check whether they have an on-line catalog webpage. I'm sorry that so many people have been scammed by this company and I will be sure to pass along this useful information. I am praying for everyone who are victims and for the ones who are using others to get ahead.

Again thanks.

Vera

Michigan

Guest GUEST_JH_2008

I USED TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AND HAD HARDLY ANY HAPPY COSTUMERS. THE COMPANY TAKES $300 A YEAR NOT INCLUDING THE $200 ACTIVITION FEE THAT THEY DONT PERSONALLY TELL YOU ABOUT AND EXPECT YOU TO GET THIS OFF OF THE "APPROVAL LETTER" THAT NO BODY HAS TIME TO READ. AND IF THEY DO HAVE TIME THE LETTERING IS SO SMALL AND HARD TO READ. AND THE MERCHANDISE IN THE CATALOG IS RIDICUOLUSLY PRICED. YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF GOING TO THE STORE AND GETTING THE MERCHANDISE. TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF THIS SCAM COMPANY THIS IS NOT A "MEMBERSHIP" YOU WOULD WANT TO JOIN.

For anybody on this site there is also another site that has reports about bad business I stumbled omn one day. It is www.badbusinessbureau.com

Its a great site. I also got the letter and thank goodness I worked as a teller 10 years ago.

Another scam that is out there is someone emailing you saying someone died overseas and they are looking for someone from the us to transfer their funds. Dont go for that even if they say its a million dollares. Its a huge scam. I learned about this in teller training. They think people from the us are stupid. They are just looking for a scapegoat to get prosecuted....

I got two of these letters and cards in the mail. DON'T fall for this scam! Everything I have read on the Web so far states that this "card" is just a scam meant to get $200 out of you. Stear clear. It's not affiliated with any major credit card (AMEX, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, etc.), there's a real stamp on the envelope, and the legal jargon basically states that you are screwed if you try to go after them. Shred the card and the letter.