Washington DC Message Boards

Kerry Beats Bush

Guest DCNewsDesk

Guest DCNewsDesk

Democratic Presidential Nominee, John Kerry disected how the President deceived the American public in the run-up to the war with Iraq and opposes the Bush administration's foreign policy.

It is already projected that Kerry will gain 5 percentage points from his performance.

I think you are a little to presumtious on claiming Bush got defeated. But,

I was impressed on how Senator Kerry made his differences very clear.

We need international help to win the war in Iraq. Otherwise, the escalation of casualties will not see an end.

How about the Bush administration requesting Congress repeal a 1994 law, banning research that could lead to development of mini-nukes, low-yield nuclear warheads containing less than the power equivalent of a 5-kiloton chemical explosion, one-third that of the Hiroshima bomb.

shroom180.jpg

How about President Bush provoking widespread international criticism by rejecting the Kyoto Protocol. The pact requires industrialised countries to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 8% of the 1990 levels between 2008 and 2012.

kyoto.carbon.environment.jpg

Behind Bush's faith-healing preaching is the voice of energy corporations. Oil, gas, coal and nuclear companies are the power behind Bush; together, they donated more than $50 million dollars to put him in the White House.

Bush-Quotes-ngin.jpg

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy but that could change." .Governor George W. Bush, 5/22/98

Leaving it up to France as a tool of foreign policy, will just not work. I hope the Democrats realize that faith based was started under Clinton.

For those thinking that all I am trying to do is mislead, just go to a University Library and ask to look at the scholarly reports on faith based.

Guest Colmes

America saw John Kerry as our next President tonight. Bush had a record of failure to defend, and he failed to defend it. Bush refused to take responsibility for his go it alone rush to war. Bush had no plan, no clue for ending the chaos. Bush can't fix the mess in Iraq because he pretends things are fine. Pretending is no substitute for planning.

What a great day to do it -- the post-debate reviews are in and the winner of last night's debate is clear:

"I think that Kerry did a good job." (Sen. John McCain, MSNBC, 9/30/04)

"Kerry was forceful and articulate." (Bill Kristol, Fox News Channel, 9/30/04)

"We saw Bush smirking...Kerry was more poised." (Wolf Blitzer, CNN, 9/30/04)

"Kerry's done a good job of becoming Mr. Homeland Security." (Jon Meacham, Newsweek on MSNBC, 9/30/04)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.