Washington DC Message Boards

Afghanistan War is longest war in U.S. history

Luke_Wilbur

I believe that we might recognize that the present phase of warfare in Afghanistan, is now the longest-lasting state of permanent warfare being fought within the world in modern times. The opium and related traffic expressed in that region of Asia and beyond, is an integral part of that manner in which that continuing warfare was originally launched, and in which it has been perpetuated since then, to the present date.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Uncommon Wisdom

Billions of dollars in aid to Afghanistan have been tracked to Dubai, where well-connected Afghans buy luxury villas built along the beaches of the Palm Jumeirah — a man-made island shaped like a giant palm tree — and live it up on your tax dollars. The Afghans looting it up in Dubai include a brother and a cousin of Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

• 1 year later...

I think it is lucrative for Americans. You have to establish and protect your leadership all over the world by any way. Then if a country is treatened to your existence then you have to go this way. Do you think your opinions will be accepted to your authority? I think DC is going to attack Iran this 2012.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.