Washington DC Message Boards

Martin Luther King’s Dream

Human

Mr. King's dream was MEANT for ALL. Not just one group, or two or even three.

Please people!! Let's all work TOGETHER.

PLEASE, NO MORE OLD POLITICS.

For if you "the General Public" wish to continue OLD POLITICS? Believe you me "We can play this game

Till the END OF TIME ITSELF".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/D/1951-1975/mlk/dream.htm

Declaration of Independence

This note was a promise that all people, yes, black men as well as white men, and Latino’s, Asians, Arabs, Disabled, Women would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Guest human_*

A summit between ALL the leaders with in each respective group, and a binding resolution that WE WILL ALL work with each other EQUALLY. That we WILL ALL share in the bounty EQUALLY.

I prefer to see a Republican President, and a HARDCORE Democrat Vice President.

Or a Democrat President and a HARDCORE Republican Vice President.

By the way Law; I don't watch Youtube.

So are you talking about having general elections that would give

The winner of the most popular vote gets to be President.

The runner up gets to be Vice President.

I am reminded of the election of 1800

Working closely with Aaron Burr of New York, Jefferson rallied his party, attacking the new taxes especially, and stood for the Presidency in 1800. Prior to the passage of the 12th Amendment, a problem with the new union's electoral system arose. He tied with Burr for first place in the Electoral College, leaving the House of Representatives (where the Federalists still had some power) to decide the election.

After lengthy debate within the Federalist-controlled House, Hamilton convinced his party that Jefferson would be a lesser political evil than Burr and that such scandal within the electoral process would undermine the still-young regime. The issue was resolved by the House, on 17 February 1801 after thirty-six ballots, when Jefferson was elected President and Burr Vice President. Burr's refusal to remove himself from consideration created ill will with Jefferson, who dropped Burr from the ticket in 1804 after Burr killed Hamilton in a duel.

http://www.washdc.com/2325

Guest human_*

The winner of the most popular vote gets to be President." <~~~~~~~~ I never said that Luke, nor did I imply it.

To have a balance of power with in the government to were both sides are represented, and both sides have an equal investment in the present and future operations of the government.

Not just at the Executive level, but also at the department levels.

The winner of the most popular vote gets to be President." <~~~~~~~~ I never said that Luke, nor did I imply it.

To have a balance of power with in the government to were both sides are represented, and both sides have an equal investment in the present and future operations of the government.

Not just at the Executive level, but also at the department levels.

Sorry for the confusion, but I need you to clarify how this can be done in the present system. How can a Republican be President, with a HARDCORE Democrat Vice President? They both run as an independant party ticket? Mike Bloomberg? I think Republicans and Democrats will try to lock him out of the debates. Did you see how the Nevada Court ruled that MSNBC can bar Kucinich from the Presidential Debate. Senior Clark County District Court Judge Charles Thompson vowed to issue an injunction halting the nationally televised debate if MSNBC failed to comply. NBC Universal filed and won an emergency appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court to overturn the judge's decision. I like your idea human, but I just don't see how it would work.

BECK: Now, we`ve had the two big primaries, and it looks like we -- you know, we know all the important players in our little election game, right? Not so fast. Just when -- just like Texas billionaire Ross Perot muddied up the `92 election with his independent candidacy, another rich white guy, this time with, you know, smaller ears might decide to spend his way into the race. His name is Mike Bloomberg, the mayor of New York City.

But here`s "The Point" tonight. I don`t care how much money this guy throws at the process. Mike Bloomberg cannot win the presidency. With a mixed bag of conservative and liberal points of view, he`ll do more to hurt viable candidates and the country than anything else. I`m just not sure which side he`ll hurt the most. And here is how I got there.

Most -- most experts will agree that it will take about $100 million to mount a successful campaign for president. Considering that Bloomberg has a personal net worth of $11 to $11.5 billion, he can certainly afford to take the shot, you know? Some say that he will spend up to a billion dollars of his own money to win the presidency.

So, while he may have the cash, I mean, what does he stand for? I mean, we`re all still lying to each other that it`s not money that makes you president, right? I mean, we`re still -- don`t deny the reality there.

He`s pro business. He`s pro immigration. He`s anti-gun, anti- transfat, so, as I understand it, pro-immigration. I`m pro-immigration. I`m just anti-illegal immigration. I guess that means that illegal aliens can take our jobs, but U.S. citizens can`t have handguns or French fries. That`s the way I understand it.

This guy is all over the place. His political philosophy uses what I like to call a Chinese menu approach. You know, pick something from column A, something from column B, then wonton soup or an egg roll and everybody is supposed to be happy. Unfortunately, at least for me, just like with Chinese food, after I hear Bloomberg, I`m hungry for real ideas, like, 20 minutes later.

Conservatives see this guy as a liberal. And we see him a million miles away. Liberals see him as a positive conservative. A New York City mayor has never, ever gone on to win the presidency. If Rudy Giuliani can`t make it happen, I don`t think Bloomberg really has a shot at all.

Here`s the laundry list that he says is wrong with America.

MIKE BLOOMBERG, MAYOR OF NEW YORK CITY: What has changed is that people have stopped working together; government is dysfunctional; there`s no collaboration and congeniality. There`s no working together, no, let`s do what`s right for the country.

I think there`s no accountability today. And nobody`s holding themselves accountable to the standards of what they promised when they ran for office. And I think lastly, there is no willingness to focus on big ideas.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/10/gb.01.html

• 3 years later...
Guest Interesting Reed

We should all have the same dream Dr Martin Luther King Jr. had. There cannot be division during times of economic stress or war, much less both simultaneously! Get with the cause America, and let celebrate the dream and the man, in honor of his upcoming Memorial Dedication ceremony, and gathering.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.