Jump to content
Washington DC Message Boards

Forever21.com Corporate Fraud & ID Theft Security

Recommended Posts

Consumers beware of this company. Forever21.com sells ladies apparel online. The web site store states that is sells casual tops, dresses, outerwear, pants, skirts and more.


On July 06, 2007 Forever21.com charged our company credit card for the amount of $412.52.


Forever21.com goes under the name FASHION 21 INC. Their address is 2001 S ALAMEDA ST

LOS ANGELES CA 90058-1015.


Their telephone number is 213-741-5100 fax: 213-741-5151


I spoke with a representative by the name of Sandy. She told me that that an order was made and was scheduled for delivery today. I then told her that this was a fraudulent purchase and to cancel it immediately and call UPS to send the merchandise back. Sandy responded that she would not cancel the purchase or call UPS. I then asked her to tell me where the merchandise was being shipped to. She replied, "No I cannot, but it matches the billing address." I then asked her to tell me the billing address. She stated the same response. I then told her my billing address and she said she could not see it on the screen. I then asked for the tracking number. She stated, "I will not give you anything. Contact your bank!" I asked to speak to the owner, Don Chang. I was then forwarded to his administrative assistant, Amina.




I have since contacted my credit card company and the Vernon Police Department.



4305 S Santa Fe Ave, Vernon

(323) 587-5171


I have left a message with Detective Strata about this incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This company would not give us a shipping address or a tracking number for an order THEY KNOW IS FRAUD!!! What's the deal? We told Forever21.com that there was an unauthorized charge and they responded that the package is in route to be delivered today.


When we asked them to stop the package they refused to give us the tracking number. They use UPS and so does our company. We know that YOU CAN STOP A PACKAGE using UPS because we have done it in the past. Unfortunately, Forever21.com customer service was less then helpful. So now, not only are they wasting there own money associated with a charge back, they have wasted valuable business time from multiple employees at my company.


This is horrible customer service and shows how much character and responsibility the people who work at Forever21.com possess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just spoke with one of the officers of the Vernon Police Department. He stated that 2001 S ALAMEDA ST is not in their jurisdiction. The cover everything over the 2500 block. The Lieutenant then gave me the number to Los Angeles Hollenbeck Division 323.266-5965. The Los Angeles Hollenbeck Division told me this jurisdiction was under the Los Angeles Newton Division 323.846-6547. I then spoke with Detective Garcia. He told me to call 213-485-4137 Commercial Crime Division. This number told me to contact www.ftc.gov or 877-ID-Theft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the response I got from the Federal Trade Comission


Luke A Wilbur

9813 Belhaven Rd.

Bethesda, MD 20817

Re: FTC Ref. No. 109#####


Dear Luke Wilbur:


Thank you for contacting the Federal Trade Commission concerning identity theft. We have enclosed a brochure that addresses many of the concerns raised by identity theft and explains in more detail how to respond to specific types of identity theft. Additional information is also available at www.consumer.gov/idtheft, the federal government's central website on identity theft. If you haven't already done so, there are three immediate steps you should take:


1) Contact the fraud departments of each of the three major credit bureaus (telephone numbers are in the enclosed brochure) to place a fraud alert on your credit report. Fraud alerts can help prevent additional accounts from being opened by the identity thief. The credit bureaus will send you copies of your credit reports. You are entitled to receive the report free of charge if your report is inaccurate because of fraud. You should review the credit reports carefully to make sure no additional fraudulent accounts have been opened in your name or unauthorized changes made to your existing accounts.


2) Contact the fraud departments of the banks or companies for any accounts that have been fraudulently accessed or opened. Find out what forms or other documents you will need to send them to dispute the debts. Ask to use the ID Theft Affidavit (in the enclosed brochure) to save time.


3) File a report with your local police, and get a copy of the report in case the bank, credit card company, or others involved need proof of the crime.


In addition, you have certain rights under federal credit laws that can help you undo some of the damage done by identity thieves.


Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act:

You have the right to dispute errors in your credit report. Once you notify them, the credit bureau and the company that furnished the inaccurate information to the credit bureau must investigate the disputed information. The credit bureau is required to remove incorrect information from your report.

You have the right to get a copy of the application or other business transaction records relating to your identity theft free of charge from the company. These records may help you prove that you are a victim. For example, you may be able to show that the signature on an application is not yours. You must make your request in writing. Companies must provide these records within 30 days of receipt of your request. You also may give permission to any law enforcement agency to get these records.


Under the Truth-In-Lending Act and the Fair Credit Billing Act:

If you report to the credit card issuer that your credit card is lost or stolen, you cannot be held responsible for more than $50 of unauthorized charges.

You have the right to dispute errors on your credit card bill. If you send a written notice to the credit card issuer within 60 days, it must investigate and either correct the error or explain why the bill is believed to be correct within two billing cycles or 90 days, whichever is less.


Under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act:

You have the right to dispute errors on your electronic fund transfer account statements. If you send a written notice to the issuing financial institution within 60 days, it must investigate and either correct the error or explain why the account statement is believed to be correct within thirteen business days. In some cases, if the institution needs more time, it may take up to 45 days to complete the investigation.


Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act:

If a debt collector contacts you about a debt that you believe you do not owe, you have the right to file a dispute with the debt collector. If you do so in writing within thirty days of the collector's initial contact with you, the collector is required to stop all collection efforts until the debt is verified and the verification is sent to you.


Finally, a number of states have passed identity theft laws. You may want to check with your state Attorney General's office to find out if you have any additional protections or remedies.


The FTC has entered your identity theft complaint into our data clearinghouse. Although we have no criminal authority to investigate identity theft, we share data from this clearinghouse with law enforcement, regulatory agencies, and private entities to assist them in their investigation of identity theft. We also can use your information to investigate companies for violations of laws which we enforce. To learn more about the FTC's Privacy Policy, visit www.ftc.gov. If you don't have access to the Internet, you can call the FTC toll-free 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338); TDD: 202-326-2502; or write: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580.


Thank you for providing us with your identity theft complaint. Our identity theft tracking and case referral program wouldn't be successful without your information. Please call us toll-free at 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338) at any time to update your complaint with new information.




Identity Theft Clearinghouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luke I don't know if the company is located there or not. It could be from the first time your id was stolen that some one is going on a shopping spree in California with legitimate businesses.


When I saw your post it was like hummm? "An alarm bell sounding off, cause of what I have heard from my source about Tijuana and that there is a strong Asian presence in that area, and that the Asians in that area can’t speak neither English nor Spanish".



Is this really where the company is located?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that you have mentioned that. I was just was sent this post from a friend.


Workers at Forever 21 Fighting for Unpaid Hours of Work


Twenty-nine garment workers are in the fight against Forever 21, a popular women's clothing line, demanding unpaid minimum wage and overtime pay. The women are also asking that Forever 21 ensure that its subcontracting factories do not continue to use sweatshop labor. They organized a national week of actions from December 2-8, 2002 in order to spread the message about the campaign.


For more information about the campaign, please contact the Garment Worker Center: www.garmentworkercenter.org, 888-449-6115.


ORGANIZE an action at a nearby Forever 21 store. to find the nearest location, go to: www.forever21.com


PLAN a call-in day and tell Forever 21 that they should pay their workers fairly and on time






I since have placed a police report with the Montgomery County Police Department.


Police Report # B07037634


Mrs Hughes ID # 1650


I am also placing a fraud alert on my credit card with the credit reporting agencies.


Equifax is 8005256285

Experian is 8883973742

Transunion is 8006807289

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...