Washington DC Message Boards

DID NELSON JACOBSEN SELL OUT LINDA CROPP?

As the rumor mill would have it, a group of ward 4 voters who supported Linda Cropp believe that many of her campaign workers sold her out, were secretly on the Fenty payroll and that ward 3 Nelson Jacobsen was named as a possible sell out because his overt efforts for Cropp in ward 3 was minimal.

A good number of the former Cropp campaign staffers all got jobs in the Fenty administration and/or somehow after resigning their DC Government jobs to work on these various campaigns were able to get their DC Government jobs back within days after the primaries ended.

The foregoing is not an allegation on my part but by others with a good discussion of.

Edited by Slick Willie

Luke the source of this allegation is coming from people working inside Michael Brown for Ward 4 campaign.

They said Cropp's campaign chair and Jacobsen sold her out.

This was the talk around that campaign office.

Where it is coming from I do not know or it could just be unfounded gossip but Cropp's former campaign chair who resigned her DC City Council job got it back within a week's time after the primaries thanks to Fenty.

Jacobsen not knowing any of the evidence others have seen against Mary Cheh dares to call me a looney so I do not have much respect for him when he is talking out of his hat!

The DC Office of Campaign Finance and DC Office of Inspector General says my allegations appear to have merit and they are talking to a lot of people but Jacobsen called me a looney on his blog.

Thus, if he is that callous then I would be inclined to believe that maybe Brown's people might be onto something.

That is hard for me to believe. Nelson seems like an upstanding guy. He has been promoting DC since I began working on DCpages. Can you give me the source of this rumor?

Edited by Slick Willie

Before I left DC back in December 2006, this rumor of Cropp people selling her out was floating around but no names were ever associated with the sell out.

Admittedly, Cropps visible presence in ward 3 by means of yard signs, posters, literature and other matters were minimal compared to other wards but I do recall that Rees was putting up Cropp signs along Wisconsin for Cropp he got from Jacobsen.

Luke the source of this allegation is coming from people working inside Michael Brown for Ward 4 campaign.

They said Cropp\\\'s campaign chair and Jacobsen sold her out.

This was the talk around that campaign office.

Where it is coming from I do not know or it could just be unfounded gossip but Cropp\\\'s former campaign chair who resigned her DC City Council job got it back within a week\\\'s time after the primaries thanks to Fenty.

Jacobsen not knowing any of the evidence others have seen against Mary Cheh dares to call me a looney so I do not have much respect for him when he is talking out of his hat!

The DC Office of Campaign Finance and DC Office of Inspector General says my allegations appear to have merit and they are talking to a lot of people but Jacobsen called me a looney on his blog.

Thus, if he is that callous then I would be inclined to believe that maybe Brown\\\'s people might be onto something.

Edited by Ramon Rivera

I wish, I had that much influence.

Alas I was just a mere staffer for Linda Cropp whom I found to be a warm sweet women. Like any campaign where you lose people point fingers all over the place but never at them self.

As for selling her out, if everyone that said they were going to vote for Linda voted-- We all know the election results.

Me calling anyone a name that is not my style and seeing how only one such example is cited from an a blog that maybe only you are reading.

I do have a new blog www.FederalCity.US, with a national lens on the District.

Help Earth,

Nelson

PS so far Fenty has keep the schools open and closed with reason and the District has not melted into the Potomac. I will also support any major change to the school system which my family is fully invested in Janney social capital.

Edited by NelsonJacobsen

Maybe you are right Nelson. People are looking to point the blame and you just happen to be a name on the tip of their tounge.

I do have my suspicion that the vote count was not honest!

I wish, I had that much influence.

Alas I was just a mere staffer for Linda Cropp whom I found to be a warm sweet women. Like any campaign where you lose people point fingers all over the place but never at them self.

As for selling her out, if everyone that said they were going to vote for Linda voted-- We all know the election results.

Me calling anyone a name that is not my style and seeing how only one such example is cited from an a blog that maybe only you are reading.

I do have a new blog www.FederalCity.US, with a national lens on the District.

Help Earth,

Nelson

A good number of the former Cropp campaign staffers all got jobs in the Fenty administration and/or somehow after resigning their DC Government jobs to work on these various campaigns were able to get their DC Government jobs back within days after the primaries ended.

The foregoing is not an allegation on my part but by others with a good discussion of.

There was not one person on the payroll of Cropp for Mayor from her council staff. Which is weird!

The campaign manager Phyllis did go on leave from her post as Sec. of the Council. After the election she returned to the post and then when Gray came in she left to where let me know when you do.

People go on leave every campaign cycle that is one of the civic things that people do, to further promote our brand of republicism or themselves which will soon be oneness. I hope any one that wanted a job I worked with gets a job. We laughed all the time about the number of post grade, campaign, workers it took to knock on your door.

As for little ole me I am running the DraftAlGore.Meetup.com/9 in Washington DC. We are going to be having a major Gore rally on March 21 the day he comes back to the Hill. Which is also the equinox.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.