Washington DC Message Boards

In-Towner newspaper on Jonathan Rees

In the August, 2006 edition:

We cannot say the same about the most vocal and in-your-face angry candidate, Jonathan Rees. He has so absolutely polarized everyone he has come into contact with, has become infamous for his over-the-top rants, his personal character attacks on individuals who disagree with him, and worse that we fear his presence on the Council could completely destroy any hope for continued collegiality which is essential if it is to function effectively.

B. Frank

Mayoral Candidate Adrian Fenty Conceded Ward 3 Candidate Rees Is Right

See Jonathan R. Rees' new website and his position on all issues of

importance to you.

Click here > http://www.rees2006.com

In the various mayoral events, each side has accused each other of things but Adrian

Fenty was accused of stealing his economic/tax plan for DC from ward 3

Candidate Jonathan Rees.

Fact and the public record supports it but Mayoral Candidate Adrian

Fenty has adopted verbatim an identical economic/tax plan to the one

Rees laid out in the Washington Times and in the Tenleytown list server back in

September 2005. Fenty when asked if he had plagiarized the plan denied

such but only commented that some of those running for office clearly

are wanting to take DC in the right direction.

Rees' school plan is the most extensive and modeled after the

successful programs of California and New York City that helped raise

student grades and SAT examination scores as outlined in his website.

Effective??? 1 in 20 people in dc has aids.

1 in 50 has hiv. If the democrats were any more EFFECTIVE? D.C. would become a ghost town.

You know that I am not against the gay community, but at this rate maybe the council needs a little bit of a shake up.

This type of behavior where people stand a better of contracting aids is NOT what ANYONE would call effective leadership.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the August, 2006 edition:

We cannot say the same about the most vocal and in-your-face angry candidate, Jonathan Rees. He has so absolutely polarized everyone he has come into contact with, has become infamous for his over-the-top rants, his personal character attacks on individuals who disagree with him, and worse that we fear his presence on the Council could completely destroy any hope for continued collegiality which is essential if it is to function effectively.

B. Frank

Human,

I would submit that the city has its dysfunction, but it is on much better ground today than it was 10 years ago.

It certainly doesn't need the likes of someone like Jonathan Rees to help take us back to the dark ages, sociallly and fiscally.

By the way, how are those AIDS rates doing in your State of Virginia? How is your state's fiscal condition? Seen any new taxes recently? Please don't start throwing stones at glass houses.

B. Frank

Comparing D.C. to Virginia is like comparing apples to oranges.

Just on the financial side of it it's huge "Virginia’s budget as compared to D.C.'s?”

As for the aids rate, it's not even close to D.C.

Basically what you are pushing for in dc is the status quote "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil".

Bfrank, Virginia is also not perfect, and I never implied it was, but 1 in 20, add to that "as one of the members stated on this board that younger guys selling themselves to older men in d.c. is considered an established form of behavior with in the gay community??"

Washington D.C. is unique in that it's OUR Nation's Capitol, as well as having Many federal institutions with in D.C., BUT unlike other governments, dc has the cream of the crop in accessing experts from all around the country "since most come here to lobby congress, and other branches of government as well as many think tanks".

All that I am saying is that D.C. could do alot better with the resources it has at hand "way better, and it's not", and that is a failure of the political leadership with in D.C.

[As for Rees disliking the gay community, he has stated that he does not dislike the gay community; he "Rees" just dislikes you, as well as a few others in here, and he HAS said so openly.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Human,

I would submit that the city has its dysfunction, but it is on much better ground today than it was 10 years ago.

It certainly doesn't need the likes of someone like Jonathan Rees to help take us back to the dark ages, sociallly and fiscally.

By the way, how are those AIDS rates doing in your State of Virginia? How is your state's fiscal condition? Seen any new taxes recently? Please don't start throwing stones at glass houses.

B. Frank

Still, the Virginia finances are deteriortating, whereas DC's financial state is currently very solid.

Yes, the AIDS rate in DC is tragic and horrendous, but it is getting worse in Virginia, as is Gang activity and other social maladies.

I do not know about younger guys selling themselves in the Gay community, or who/where you are quoting. But doesn't that happen in the heterosexual community as well? Aren't there brothels in Virginia? Aren't there gay people in Virginia? it isn't like the State is a panacea for White straight males. (it doesn't make it right, but even if it is happening in the District, i would guess it is also happening in your White Castle of Virginia).

I will let Rees's record on Gays speak for itself. Suffice it to say, he has serious psychological issues and issues with his latent (or not so latent) sexuality. His words in this forum, posted elsewhere, and emailed to the media speak volumes. That is why the InTowner made a point of mentioning him in their editorial this month.

B. Frank

Just on the financial side of it it's huge "Virginia’s budget as compared to D.C.'s?”

As for the aids rate, it's not even close to D.C.

Basically what you are pushing for in dc is the status quote "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil".

Bfrank, Virginia is also not perfect, and I never implied it was, but 1 in 20, add to that "as one of the members stated on this board that younger guys selling themselves to older men in d.c. is considered an established form of behavior with in the gay community??"

Washington D.C. is unique in that it's OUR Nation's Capitol, as well as having Many federal institutions with in D.C., BUT unlike other governments, dc has the cream of the crop in accessing experts from all around the country "since most come here to lobby congress, and other branches of government as well as many think tanks".

All that I am saying is that D.C. could do alot better with the resources it has at hand "way better, and it's not", and that is a failure of the political leadership with in D.C.

[As for Rees disliking the gay community, he has stated that he does not dislike the gay community; he "Rees" just dislikes you, as well as a few others in here, and he HAS said so openly.]

Bfrank, you don't have to insult. "A white Castle” oh comes on; it's a dark gloomy castle with its own personality.

No ghosts though, The internet is scary enough.

I will let Rees's record on Gays speak for itself. Suffice it to say, he has serious psychological issues and issues with his latent (or not so latent) sexuality. His words in this forum, posted elsewhere, and emailed to the media speak volumes. That is why the InTowner made a point of mentioning him in their editorial this month.

B. Frank

LOL, Human!

Bfrank, you don't have to insult. "A white Castle” oh comes on; it's a dark gloomy castle with its own personality.

Actually I haven't made any mistakes. In an earlier post, I said that the behavior of both the Hetero sexual community and gay community has to change.

Business as usual with in D.C. government has to change. The results of that type of behavior, really has been catastrophic,and not just for the people infected, but also their families.

If it takes some one like rees to shake up the council, then so be it.

To be perfectly honest, I am about a hairs breath away in calling or e-mailing him, and give him the information that he would need to play "not just politics" but power politics.

Human-

You make a couple of mistakes. The AIDS and HIV rates in D.C. are unquestionably the worst in the country. It is at sub-saharan Africa rates. However, it is not just gay people who are infected with the virus. Men who have sex with men (MSM) as the epidemioligists would say, are less than have of the population of people with HIV. However, MSMs are clearly disportionately represented.

The factors involved in these numbers are rather complex and numerous. A complete failure in leadership by the D.C. Government is one of those reasons, but I would not attribute party affiliation as significant to the problem. Carol Schwartz and David Catania (prior to becoming chair of the Health Committee and changing party affiliation to independent) did absolutely nothing, just like the rest of the Council, to end the criminal cabal then running HIV/AIDS Administration.

As too Rees, no it is not that he just hates a couple of people who have pointed out his lies. He has said that all gay people are pedophiles and has lobbied the Congress to restrict Home Rule on marriage and claims to be working on an anti-marriage iniaitive because gays are in violation of god's will.

-Bob

Human,

Bfrankdc's real identity is Martin Andres Austermuhle who is a co-editor of the blog DCist.

My only hate is for the few gays who have openly attacked me not for all.

Austermuhle is a radical and many who I will not name in the local press corp said his sordid history is well known and the only reporters/writers that will write about others he dislikes are other gays like himself which makes any story they write tainted because of bias.

The editor of the InTowner has lost credibility because he allowed himself to be biased by a liar.

Jonathan Rees, Bob never said such things.

He was quoting other people in all that he was saying.

The only thing Rees lobbied on the Hill was,to allow a Ms. Greene the opportunity to have her "Same Sex Marriage Ban" allowed by popular vote by seeking that Congress require it.

As for pedophilia, only you were called a pedophile because you in fact posted unclothed pictures of yourself where children could access them and you did remove them after your behavior was made public. I saw those pictures when I Google your name.

Human-

You make a couple of mistakes. The AIDS and HIV rates in D.C. are unquestionably the worst in the country. It is at sub-saharan Africa rates. However, it is not just gay people who are infected with the virus. Men who have sex with men (MSM) as the epidemioligists would say, are less than have of the population of people with HIV. However, MSMs are clearly disportionately represented.

The factors involved in these numbers are rather complex and numerous. A complete failure in leadership by the D.C. Government is one of those reasons, but I would not attribute party affiliation as significant to the problem. Carol Schwartz and David Catania (prior to becoming chair of the Health Committee and changing party affiliation to independent) did absolutely nothing, just like the rest of the Council, to end the criminal cabal then running HIV/AIDS Administration.

As too Rees, no it is not that he just hates a couple of people who have pointed out his lies. He has said that all gay people are pedophiles and has lobbied the Congress to restrict Home Rule on marriage and claims to be working on an anti-marriage iniaitive because gays are in violation of god's will.

-Bob

Why are you referring to Rees in the third person?

I am very confused by this post. did you mean to use a different alias?

B. Frank

Jonathan Rees, Bob never said such things.

He was quoting other people in all that he was saying.

The only thing Rees lobbied on the Hill was,to allow a Ms. Greene the opportunity to have her "Same Sex Marriage Ban" allowed by popular vote by seeking that Congress require it.

As for pedophilia, only you were called a pedophile because you in fact posted unclothed pictures of yourself where children could access them and you did remove them after your behavior was made public. I saw those pictures when I Google your name.

I already figured that one out. When I told them to let it rest, they really should have taken my words to heart.

After all, this IS WASHINGTON D.C. "you never know with whom you could be typing with online, and to me as well as others this is THE MAIN WEB SITE FOR D.C..

Human,

Bfrankdc's real identity is Martin Andres Austermuhle who is a co-editor of the blog DCist.

My only hate is for the few gays who have openly attacked me not for all.

Austermuhle is a radical and many who I will not name in the local press corp said his sordid history is well known and the only reporters/writers that will write about others he dislikes are other gays like himself which makes any story they write tainted because of bias.

The editor of the InTowner has lost credibility because he allowed himself to be biased by a liar.

Not to belittle DC Pages, but really, there are like 10 people posting here (not counting the various Rees aliases). I have enjoyed being in this forum, and will continue to be on it after the elections this fall. But Human, really, if you think this website is the main place "to be" for discussion about DC, your view, in my opinion, of the internet is very limited.

This is a very nice site, but there are countless others out there where real discussion about DC, DC Politics, etc take place with hundreds, if not thousands of contributors daily.

The only thing that makes this place unique is that it is one of a very small handful where Jonathan Rees hasn't been banned (althougn several of his aliases have)...Rees is allowed to continue to come here and spew forth.

Oh, and I am not Martin Austermuhle. He is a much better writer than I will ever be.

B. Frank

After all, this IS WASHINGTON D.C. "you never know with whom you could be typing with online, and to me as well as others this is THE MAIN WEB SITE FOR D.C..

This is the same editor of the same article you copied and put under car windshields all over the ward touting your campaign? So they have credibility in uttering one sentence that you have been pimping all over the ward and on the internet, but have lost credibility due to some unknown conspiracy?

I think you are the one without credibility.

B. Frank

Bfrank, I know more of the internet then you will EVER know of.

I didn't stumble unto this web site by accident, just like some of the private networks that I am on "I didn't get there by accident either".

Not to belittle DC Pages, but really, there are like 10 people posting here (not counting the various Rees aliases). I have enjoyed being in this forum, and will continue to be on it after the elections this fall. But Human, really, if you think this website is the main place "to be" for discussion about DC, your view, in my opinion, of the internet is very limited.

This is a very nice site, but there are countless others out there where real discussion about DC, DC Politics, etc take place with hundreds, if not thousands of contributors daily.

The only thing that makes this place unique is that it is one of a very small handful where Jonathan Rees hasn't been banned (althougn several of his aliases have)...Rees is allowed to continue to come here and spew forth.

Oh, and I am not Martin Austermuhle. He is a much better writer than I will ever be.

B. Frank

Bfrank, I know more of the internet then you will EVER know of.

I didn't stumble unto this web site by accident, just like some of the private networks that I am on "I didn't get there by accident either".

Your non-sequitars continue to amuse and puzzle.

B. Frank

DCMessageBoards.com is only one of DCpages.com network of web sites. There are way more than ten contributors on our network. You might want to add a couple of zeroes to that. But, there are many wonderful web sites about DC that I visit frequently and have good relationships with. Our staff works hard to promote them.

Luke,

I was referring specifically to the DC Politics Board. I know there are other areas of DCPages that generate significant traffic and discussion. I was focusing on discussion about DC Politics. I am basing my observation having been active on this specific forum since about November. If you remove the rees/rees alias posts, there are very few people that use this specific forum, as compared to other blogs and listserves:

bfrankdc

truthseeker

factchecker2

aglue

golden girl

Human

Jim

Bob Summersgill

Martin Austermuhle

Luke Wilbur

Just about all of the other "posters" are Jonathan Rees.

B. Frank

DCMessageBoards.com is only one of DCpages.com network of web sites. There are way more than ten contributors on our network. You might want to add a couple of zeroes to that. But, there are many wonderful web sites about DC that I visit frequently and have good relationships with. Our staff works hard to promote them.

Luke,

bfrankdc

truthseeker

factchecker2

aglue

golden girl

Human

Jim

Bob Summersgill

Martin Austermuhle

Luke Wilbur

NELSON JACOBSEN

Just about all of the other "posters" are Jonathan Rees.

B. Frank

Human it ain't the size of the budget it the motion with the potion and I would put DC up against VA any-day-of-the-week.

Virginia spending

<li>Over the last 20 years, there has been no significant increase in Virginia SAT scores. (Graph)

<li>Over the last 20 years, Virginia inflation-adjusted spending per resident for Individual and Family Services increased 66 percent. (Graph)

<li>Since 1975, Virginia inflation-adjusted spending per resident for Administration of Justice (includes prisons) increased 150 percent. (Graph)

<li>Since 1975, Virginia inflation-adjusted spending per resident for transportation has not increased. (Graph)

<li>Virginia does not spend income taxes, the state's major source of revenue, on transportation.

<li>Due to excessive bond sales, Virgnia's borrowing leverage is eroding. (Graph)

DC has:

<li>An A- Plus Bond Rating

<li>The hottest commerical market in the US

<li>The hottest residential market on the East Coast

<li>According to Linda Cropp a bright, bright future

So with all that money your bragging about which if am am correct is a mere 3.5 times the District's annual budget LOL

Plus if that is the best roads and transportation plan that the State can come up with I don't know what to say.

I can tell ya this I bet straight and gay alike to be road cursing and see someone in a car with tags with the common wealth we know your better off heading west along with any relationship potential.

While I am on it! Until you pay a computer tax since there sure are a whole gaggle of ya eroding our roads talking our you cell phone without a headset or blue anything. It cost money to maintain what your driving on, cop to ticket, I mean protect you there is no free rides in VA or DC grow up and pay your taxes.

Lastly I think a dump driver tax is in order, because man ya'll can't drive worth a lick.

All of the these are my personal opinions, execpt for the facts about the state of VA's economy which were provided by http://www.fcta.org/FACTS/graphs/graphs.htm#state

Edited by NelsonJacobsen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.