Washington DC Message Boards

The Oh in Ohio

SteveMorse

There aren't too many indie comedies in the world today, at least not too many good ones. I was fortunate to catch one at the Brooklyn Film Fest and it didn't let me down. It's hard to create a comedy with a message anymore, especially in the world of indie film, but The Oh in Ohio succeeded. The film is full of laughs, especially with the performances of Paul Rudd and Danny DeVito, but it never strays too far away from the message that true love can be found in truly unique places. Overall, The Oh in Ohio was a great indie comedy that I would recommend to anyone.

Synopsis

Priscilla Chase (Parker Posey), a young Cleveland woman, seems to have it all – the perfect job, the perfect house, the perfect husband (Paul Rudd) – except for in bed, where sex has always left her a bit short of the finish line.

When the problem drives her husband to leave her suddenly for one of his high school students (Mischa Barton), Priscilla’s idyllic world is shattered. She sets out on a quest to become just as good at sex as she is at everything else in life, embarking on a wild journey that leads her into the arms of the man she least expected and to the discovery that happiness is sometimes found in the most unlikely places.

Written by Adam Wierzbianski and directed by Billy Kent in his feature debut, THE OH IN OHIO co-stars Danny DeVito, Liza Minnelli, Miranda Bailey (DEAD & BREAKFAST), Keith David (CRASH) and Robert John Burke (GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK).

Following its premiere earlier this year at the South by Southwest Film Festival, THE OH IN OHIO was honored with the Best Comedy award at the 2006 Vail Film Festival and was named the Santa Monica Centerpiece at the 2006 Malibu Film Festival.

Check out the trailer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...53&q=oh+in+ohio

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.