Washington DC Message Boards

Broad Ban Barriers : Internet service providers to charge web site

Luke_Wilbur

I am getting email warnings that Internet Service Providers are going to start charging web sites money to access to their subscribers. Their reason is a rising bandwidth costs to access the internet.

What does this mean?

Verizon, Comcast, AOL, and other Networks will start reducing the possibility for innovation and freedom of choice. Seed companies will have very little time to fine tune their business model. In addition, business will start focusing away from the American consumer market.

This has the ramifications of deflating our wealthy economy. We have to maintain a complete open market to sustain the lifestyle many countries covet. Please pass this message along and voice your comments on this topic.

Guest human_*

It's called advertising. The I.S.P's should be charging folks for advertising. Right now people can advertise on here for free by posting on the message boards. (Which takes away money From your pockets.)

With broadband here companies like aol really will continue to lose customers. I really would not feel sorry for the likes of aol though; aol owns Time Warner,hbo,cnn,cinemax, cartoon network, and a whole bunch of other companies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting email warnings that Internet Service Providers are going to start charging web sites money to access to their subscribers. Their reason is a rising bandwidth costs to access the internet.

I have no problems with advertising at all. I actually endorse it. :D

But, the problem I have is putting barrier on sharing information. I want to be able

to search for a real movie or restaurant review that someone took the time to

share with everyone than a paid infomercial anyday.

I think that is why people are embracing MySpace.com like its the next Google.

In addition, the amount of information you will find will be limited to whether

the barrier accepts it or not.

Guest human_*

The real beauty of the internet "that it is so large", that there is no one industry or a set of industries that could control it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problems with advertising at all. I actually endorse it. :D

But, the problem I have is putting barrier on sharing information. I want to be able

to search for a real movie or restaurant review that someone took the time to

share with everyone than a paid infomercial anyday.

I think that is why people are embracing MySpace.com like its the next Google.

In addition, the amount of information you will find will be limited to whether

the barrier accepts it or not.

That is my point. We as a Nation cannot afford to have our large corporations stumble. We are at economic war with the world. For every American corporation there is a foreign one waiting to control the market. I am Red, White, and Blue when it comes to that.