Washington DC Message Boards

A special fact about Jonathan Rees' campaign

So where does Jonathan Rees have his campaign literature printed? On DC Pages, on January 9, 2006, Rees wrote that he has it printed in Puerto Rico: "I have had a P O Box in the 20009 zip for about 15 years as I use to live in Mt. Pleasant and yes, my campaign material is made in Puerto Rico where the printing cost is 1/5 that of DC." (http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=7296&st=20)

In the February 12, 2006 issue of themail, published by DC Watch, www.dcwatch.com, Jonathan Rees said that he has his campaign literature printed in the Dominican Republic: "My political campaign consists of: 1) over 11,000 E-mail addresses to ward 3 voters, 2) mini flyers printed in the Dominican Republic at one sixth the price you would pay for them in DC, and 3) a force of Latinos who distribute them with me every day in Ward 3."

So which is it, Mr. Rees? Do you have your campaign flyers printed in Puerto Rico or in the Dominican Republic? Something tells me it's neither.

• 3 weeks later...

Factchecker2 some of the literature I have seen says at the bottom (Printed in the Dominican Republic by Ricardo Cruz & Associates, San Juan, Puerto Rico).

So where does Jonathan Rees have his campaign literature printed? On DC Pages, on January 9, 2006, Rees wrote that he has it printed in Puerto Rico: \"I have had a P O Box in the 20009 zip for about 15 years as I use to live in Mt. Pleasant and yes, my campaign material is made in Puerto Rico where the printing cost is 1/5 that of DC.\" (http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=7296&st=20)

In the February 12, 2006 issue of themail, published by DC Watch, www.dcwatch.com, Jonathan Rees said that he has his campaign literature printed in the Dominican Republic: \"My political campaign consists of: 1) over 11,000 E-mail addresses to ward 3 voters, 2) mini flyers printed in the Dominican Republic at one sixth the price you would pay for them in DC, and 3) a force of Latinos who distribute them with me every day in Ward 3.\"

So which is it, Mr. Rees? Do you have your campaign flyers printed in Puerto Rico or in the Dominican Republic? Something tells me it\'s neither.

Really? Here is one from the Apollo in Glover Park with no such annotation. There are other illegalities about this flyer that I will let the DC BoEE and OCF handle

Factchecker2 some of the literature I have seen says at the bottom (Printed in the Dominican Republic by Ricardo Cruz & Associates, San Juan, Puerto Rico).

Rees_flyer_2_scan.jpg

What I am referring to Bfrank is that Rees has been floating around a Spanish version of his ad that does indicate that it was created in the Dominican Republic by a company out of Puerto Rico.

I do not see anything illegal in that or the ad you have posted.

Really? Here is one from the Apollo in Glover Park with no such annotation. There are other illegalities about this flyer that I will let the DC BoEE and OCF handle

Well, I am no expert on DC Campaign laws, rules and regulations, but as the saying from Sesame Street goes, "one of these things is not like the other" and the Rees posters are not legal. Like I said, it is an issue for DCBoEE and OCF to deal with, and since you are the "Grim Reaper" and not Mr. Rees, you shouldn't worry about it.

B. Frank

I do not see anything illegal in that or the ad you have posted.

True Bfrankdc.

I would say that more of my friends got Rees campaign thing by email than in hand sort to say.

I called D.DOT about Rees putting his stuff up on poles, they looked into it and came back and said that he is not violating any laws and that they have on file a copy of what he is putting up.

I asked the DC BOEE if I think anybody is lying about themselves can they do something about it and they said NO as most politicians are not always truthful and pad their credentials. I even asked if Rees could be forced to disclose where he got that so called super email list of voters and ditto, they said they have no authority to compel such.

I have gone down that Road Bfrankdc on two candidates without luck.

The other candidate I am concerned with is Erik Gaull.

Well, I am no expert on DC Campaign laws, rules and regulations, but as the saying from Sesame Street goes, \"one of these things is not like the other\" and the Rees posters are not legal. Like I said, it is an issue for DCBoEE and OCF to deal with, and since you are the \"Grim Reaper\" and not Mr. Rees, you shouldn\'t worry about it.

B. Frank

"sort to say" eh?

Hee hee.

True Bfrankdc.

I would say that more of my friends got Rees campaign thing by email than in hand sort to say.

I called D.DOT about Rees putting his stuff up on poles, they looked into it and came back and said that he is not violating any laws and that they have on file a copy of what he is putting up.

I asked the DC BOEE if I think anybody is lying about themselves can they do something about it and they said NO as most politicians are not always truthful and pad their credentials. I even asked if Rees could be forced to disclose where he got that so called super email list of voters and ditto, they said they have no authority to compel such.

I have gone down that Road Bfrankdc on two candidates without luck.

The other candidate I am concerned with is Erik Gaull.

Also for those of you playing the home version, that would be:

C. "I am someone-other-than-Rees, but I know him, and I can tell you that what he says is true. (followed by "I heard/saw/read...." or "Someone else said/saw/read...") "

These government officials are lazy and do not want to be bothered with requests to do their job.

\"sort to say\" eh?

Hee hee.

For those of you playing the home version, that would be:

C. \"I am someone-other-than-Rees, but I know him, and I can tell you that what he says is true. (followed by \"I heard/saw/read....\" or \"Someone else said/saw/read...\") \"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.