Washington DC Message Boards

Re; Don't Encourage Him

Human

The voters of D.C. will vote for whom ever can best represent them in ward 3,

Yes, obviously. And they should be equipped to know exactly WHO their candidates are, and what they're capable of, before doing so. I'm unaware that discussion of politicians' behavior is customarily limited only to people who vote in their political subdivision. If a media outlet does a story on this or any other contest, I suppose you'd assert that it was inappropriate unless the author were a voter in that district. This argument is utterly specious. Unethical behavior must be exposed, regardless of the geographic location.

Plus, it's a public discussion board, man. People can post whatever they want. I'd encourage you to be a little more upset by someone who uses it to post homophobic speech and libel private citizens (to cite just two examples) instead. THAT would be more appopriate avenue for your discomfort, it seems to me.

Edited by truthseeker

While I happen to live in Ward 3, I disagree vehemently with the assertion that the residents of the city should not all be concerned with who their councilpeople are. One only needs to look at the Baseball Stadium debate and the NCMC proposals (as two quick examples) as to why.

Quite frankly, I think the residents of the city should be more engaged about not only their Ward representative, but also the City Wide seats, inlcuding the At-Large Council Seats, the Council Chair and of course the Mayor.

Residents of the city should also be concerned with the nearby Maryland and Virginia House representation, as these members often sit on the DC Oversight Committee (Tom Davis-R-VA).

All of the outsiders get involved in our politics every day (home rule/representation without taxation, etc.), so who our elected officials are, at the micro, regional and national levels, are very important.

I would note that just about all of the mudslinging is coming from one individual. The rest of us are dispelling the venom and lies this candidate makes.

B. Frank

For the mudslinging in the topic "District of Columbia Politics?" WOW!!

The voters of D.C. will vote for whom ever can best represent them in ward 3, it is not for any of us out

siders to get involved in their politics.

Truthseeker, I would have just kicked off the gay hater, and that would have been it "End of Story", instead

you guys played politics with it, and accused certain parts of the d.c. police department in being in the pocket of a politician "with out any proof I might add".

You have been trying to end people's careers, and thinking that this is just some type of game.

Look I'm from a different type of net then you guys are from. The net that I grew up with, me and other's treated people with respect till proven other wise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

truthseeker Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM

"Yes, obviously. And they should be equipped to know exactly WHO their candidates are, and what they're capable of, before doing so. I'm unaware that discussion of politicians' behavior is customarily limited only to people who vote in their political subdivision. If a media outlet does a story on this or any other contest, I suppose you'd assert that it was inappropriate unless the author were a voter in that district. This argument is utterly specious. Unethical behavior must be exposed, regardless of the geographic location.

Plus, it's a public discussion board, man. People can post whatever they want. I'd encourage you to be a little more upset by someone who uses it to post homophobic speech and libel private citizens (to cite just two examples) instead. THAT would be more appopriate avenue for your discomfort, it seems to me."

Human,

Actually if you want to verify the true information, you will see that a certain Ward 3 candidate posted on this forum as (I have posted the IP addresses, but you can confirm them with Luke Wilbur):

1) one of his opponents

2) a noted local attorney

3) a sitting Council Person

4) a member of the Metropolitian Police department.

5) countless phony aliases

The candidate has also impersonated on DCist (you can confirm them with any member of the DCist staff):

1) Adolf Hitler

2) a member of the Metropolitan Police Department

3) a second member of the MPD

4) Countless other phony aliases

5) has been banned but continues to comment there at the expense of other reader's as well as staff time.

The candidate has posted on Craigslist (ask Craig Newmark):

1) as one of his opponents

2) Under numerous ficticious and anonymous alises

3) has been banned from the forum, yet persists in wasting staff time by continuing to post.

The candidate has posted on Yahoo as (I have posted links to many of these where you can verify the IP addresses for yourself, but there are dozens, if not hundreds of others that I did not link to):

1) a famous comedian

2) the president of the DC Dental Society

3) a noted local attorney

4) Countless ficticious and real people

5) has been banned from just about every moderated neighborhood group in Ward 3 (and a few that are not in Ward 3).

This person has as recently as within the past 24 hours:

Posted under several aliases on the Washington Post's DC Wire Blog and DCist.

So please do not go defending these actions. While many of them are simply childish and immature, others are actually illegal, and felonious. These are not actions that the several of us who post here started, but rather are what drew us to this forum. One person has been jumping throughout the internet posting half-truths, innuendo and outright lies about himself and his political opponents. Several of us here are merely countering this with links to show the truth. You will note, I have started exactly THREE threads on this forum. The overwhelming majority of my posts are in response to someone else.

In terms of the whole Officer Magana thing, one of two things is true. Either Officer Magana and possibly others in the LLU are in violation of the Hatch Act, OR a certain Ward 3 candidate has impersonated them. Either way, it is illegal activity that the MPD should be, or is investigating.

I, for one, do not want someone who commits such actions representing me in government, on the immature side, but the felonious activity is off the chart.

B. Frank

Edited by bfrankdc

Truthseeker, I would have just kicked off the gay hater, and that would have been it "End of Story", instead

you guys played politics with it, and accused certain parts of the d.c. police department in being in the pocket of a politician "with out any proof I might add".

You have been trying to end people's careers, and thinking that this is just some type of game.

Look I'm from a different type of net then you guys are from. The net that I grew up with, me and other's treated people with respect till proven other wise.

Only moderators can kick someone off. And I think "until proven otherwise" happened QUITE some time ago, thanks.

As for the rest of it, you seem to be unable to grasp the central points of what I've said. Or, alternatively, you're willfully ignoring the logic therein, for reasons that

remain mysterious to me. Either way, it's apparently not possible to engage in a reasoned exchange with you, so I'm not going to continue.

Edited by truthseeker

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.