Washington DC Message Boards

Help Us Stop Voter Fraud...please!

HELP US STOP VOTER FRAUD...PLEASE!

There has been allegations of campaign fraud in DC for city council by a candidate Brooks who may have deceived all about where he really lives based upon people going to his so called home/campaign headquarters only to find he is not there and being told nobody ever heard of him. I am one of those many people who actually did file with the government a challenge.

Please join others in asking former U.S. Attorney Wilma Lewis who now oversees the DC Board of Elections and Office of Campaign Finance to look into this matter without delay and require this candidate to produce real evidence of his claims of residency and so on.

Cut and paste this below into your email and send.

Sincerely,

Roy Stewart

To:

wlewis@crowell.com; cecily.collier-montgomery@dc.gov

Dear Ms. Lewis,

I too want to know the truth about whether or not Candidate Brooks has deceived all in his claims at to where he really lives and has his campaign headquarter as there is reason to believe the address he gave is untrue. Let us see a real lease agreement, let’s see cancelled checks to the landlord and not some kind of sham arrangement.

To clear the record... any District resident can obtain a declaration of candidacy for a open position before the primary. A candidate like Sam Brooks who lives in Ward 2 may run for an open position in Ward 3. If Sam Brooks gets nominated by his party, then he would be required to move to Ward 3 prior to the the election.

The only way Sam Brooks is breaking any law is if he was not living in the District during the time he last ran for a council position.

To clear the record... any District resident can obtain a declaration of candidacy for a open position before the primary. A candidate like Sam Brooks who lives in Ward 2 may run for an open position in Ward 3. If Sam Brooks gets nominated by his party, then he would be required to move to Ward 3 prior to the the election.

The only way Sam Brooks is breaking any law is if he was not living in the District during the time he last ran for a council position.

Luke,

I was told by the Office of Campaign Finance if a candidate files any information with them that is not true like where they live at the time they file with OCF, then that is a grounds for disqualification, fines and the like.

What I alleged is, that Sam Brooks filed with the OCF a claim that he lives at a certain address but does not and such constitutes a fraud and grounds for disqualification.

I base my fraud charge upon the foregoing but also based upon the fact that "I" called to his home in ward 2 and I believe his mother was the one who answered the telephone identifying that location as Sam Brooks' home not the one he is giving out.

I am just one of many people who have camped outside of Sam Brooks' alleged home, asked neighbors when showing them a picture of him if they have ever seen this man come and go and both neighbors; a lawyer on one side and a young lady on the otherside who had just moved there 6 months ago said they have never seen that man.

I agree with you in general terms but the law does require upon being nominated in the primary that the nominated candidate has to then show that he or she has been a resident of the District of Columbia and the ward they are running for the past year. The City Paper and others made issue of that fact saying that Brooks would fall one month shy of the requirement if he in fact moved there on or around October 14, 2005, as Sam Brooks' says he did.

I VOTED FOR SAM BROOKS WHEN HE RAN LAST TIME as I too wanted anyone but Harold Brazil but now that I see he is not shooting straight, I won't this time round.

In a nutshell, I am convinced that Sam Brooks will not be able to produced a valid lease agreement between himself and his landlord dated on or around 10/14/2005 or any cancelled check issued by him and deposited by the landlord to sustain his claims.

I have been called by the Post, Times and others who wanted to confirm I am a real person and they did and the issue is FRAUD and they agree not whether or not a candidate will meet any requirement in time.

Luke,

I do not know which law you are reading but I suspect it was DC Code Section 1-1001.02., but there has been an unpublished change due to an interpretation of the law that requires the establishing of residence in DC and from the ward you are running for, for a period of one year and that is why Loose Lips from the Washington City Paper said that Sam Brooks would fail the test and come up at minimum 4-6 weeks shy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.