Washington DC Message Boards

World Stage - Green Party

Guest seabob92373

Guest seabob92373

Ancient surmises that earth is unique round and vulnerable, were proved true in the 70s using the Apollo 11 photos. Those images of a blueGreen planet floating in space rocketed around the world. Today, even amidst the clutter of Washington Iraq and Katrina, folk know we must do something to insure human survival beyond the next few hundred years - absenting for the moment any non tikkun-like science fiction scenarios. Practically, world govt is required and the world wide Green Party purports to guide us there. But Green Parties in New Zealand Australia Germany Scotland Mexico and elsewhere, and organizations like GPUSA GPUS GPCA GA GDI, have all produced mediorcre results. What are we to do? Seabob, San Bernardino CA, USA

You're right Law. Any ideas on how to do that? I think popularly the GP would get votes if it didn't look like votes for Republicans. From my experience in California, there is elitist control of the GP now, which wouldn't be if it became popular, because then it would be forced to respond to real politick needs. Now the elites are about idealism and how something could be perfect. We need to just end war corruption and ecological destruction. Though those are huge, they're not perfect or utopian, and US americans would vote for that. Instead we have Republicans and a lot of Democrats insisting that if we change course, we'll sink to communism or anarchism, both of which notions it seems to me are patently false. US Americans are reasonable and wold follow a credible GP lead. Any ideas? Seabob, San Bernardino CA

I think history gives you the answer.

Take the Democratic Party.

Jefferson defined the Democratic ideals.

Jackson brought those ideals to the people.

Solution:

Find a war hero that Americans respect and believes in the ideals of the Green Party.

I also think the green party logo should incorporate our nation's colors. Here is

a rough idea of what I am thinking

ModernGPLAW.jpg

Guest Jenny8675309

Nice job Luke, but maybe make it look more like a tudor rose or just a blue bud in the middle.

A good potential candidate these days must have a nice haircut, a good tan, she/he have to be attractive but not too seductive, with all the symbols of a happy nuclear family, mature-looking, dressed just so, and with a dog and two adorable children ... just like the image of "most of us" want to see.

We seem to agree. My feminist friend though insists a high level of morality is required. I accuse non elected GP leaders in California - non elected, but legally recognized by the Calif Secretary of State Elections Division - of not allowing the wisdom and power of the masses of Greens to guide the Party, instead decisions are made by minority controlled straw polls. And unpopular voices are eliminated from listservs or online discussions. (Those are not vain accusations. Some are documented at LEAVETHEROOM.COM.) I think these problems can be overcome. And I think that those I accuse, are trying their best to make the Party work. And the accusations above, as well as the hope that we can make it work better, can be leveled at GPUS which is headquartered in DC. Do any of you know Starlene Rankin? Seabob, San Bernardino CA

Luke and Jenny,

The problem centers around old cultish and superstitious ways of doing things, which he symbolizes. Pride, money, sexual favors, celebrity, abuse of power, and corruption in general are a part of that. Its part of the old world view that could argue there was no proof that the earth was vulnerable. Since the Apollo 11 photos of the 70s, you can't really argue that anymore. And, that corruption won't accomplish what needs to be done, is to me, a big Duh! We need to follow the spate of meetings happening to reorganize Greens generally after the recent Tulsa Convention and follow how old thinking leaders pair off against new thinking leaders. I would like to concentrate on the mental attitudes and presuppositions that can allow us to change. Seabob, San Bernardino CA

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.