Washington DC Message Boards

Great Jazz Gig Coming Up!

Tjj50

Hey jazz lovers! So cool I found this site! I love many types of music, but have really been getting into the jazz scene recently. Can't wait to learn what sorts of hidden jazz treasures are here in DC.

Wanted to tell folks about an upcoming gig by an artist I really enjoy. Ned Goold and and his trio will be showing up at Twins dinner club on the 29th and 29th of January. Ned is an amazing tenor saxaphonist and has a new CD coming out. He has a regular gig as musical director and lead sax in Harry Connick, Jr.'s big band, but his own stuff is more abstract than the standards that Harry performs. This promises to be a great show an I wanted to get the word out. You can go here for more info.

Hope to see some of you jazz heads there!

Who are some great locals I can start looking out for? As you may have guessed, I really love brass, so steer me in the direction of any gigs like that.

• 3 months later...

On Friday, April 30, 2004, We (Flameink.com) hosted a 2 in 1 Event a Launch Event on the first Level of the Cada Vez and a Fashion/Music Industry Event in the 2nd level VIP area. Over 20 Independent Music and Fashion agencies showed up for a night of networking, not to mention 40 models (male/females) and a host of guest. Things went so well we're doing it again.

This week Friday, May 07, 2004, We will be promoting a well known Jazz/ R&B Band by the name of Zwei (8pm-12midnight) along with the Music/ Fashion Industry Event on 2nd level. We would like to invite your group to the Cada Vez for a night of networking, good music, and fine dinning. The Cada Vez is located at 1438 U street, NW WDC.

If you or any of your members are interested in attending, just send me the count and I'll put it on the guest list under your companies name. Admission is free until 11pm. For more info. contact Patrice at flameink01@aol.com.

Patrice Bellamy

202-390-9336

Flava Friday'z

Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla and Butter Pecan....

@

Cada Vez

1438 U Street NW WDC

Each & Every Friday

The VIP Party for those who want something different!!!!

Exclusive VIP 2nd Level* NBA Play Off on 2 Screen TVs

Live Performance from

Bryan Mills Band (8pm-12pm)

(Jazz, Hip-Hop, & R&B)

Featuring DC's, NY & ATL Hottest DJ's

Surprise VIP's Every Week

For more info: Resie 202-390-9336 * Red Door "Moe" 202-437-5330 * flameink.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.