Washington DC Message Boards

Y The Last Man

Luke_Wilbur

I highly recommend Brian K. Vaughen and Pia Guerre's 'Y: The Last Man.' The book is about a character, Yorick Brown, who is the only man to survive a global sex-specific plague.

I am currently reading Book Three in the Series, 'One Small Step.' The book reads like a classic Twilight Zone novel. Check it out.

Guest MickeyHall101

Have to say I agree, have just read the forth book "Safeword" and had to immediately go out and by the 6 latest issues of the comic as I couldn't wait for the next book in 6 months time, now that I've read those I just want more! The more of this story that I read the more I want, the pacing is fantastic, the stories intriuging and the characters are extremely likeable.

Go out and buy this now if you haven't already, but be prepared to be hooked and have to shell out for the rest of the books.

• 1 year later...
Guest SonOfSamus

Have to say I agree, have just read the forth book "Safeword" and had to immediately go out and by the 6 latest issues of the comic as I couldn't wait for the next book in 6 months time, now that I've read those I just want more! The more of this story that I read the more I want, the pacing is fantastic, the stories intriuging and the characters are extremely likeable.

Go out and buy this now if you haven't already, but be prepared to be hooked and have to shell out for the rest of the books.

It's true.. My classmate introduced me to the first paperback a few weeks ago, since then, I've bought every

trade paperback available (there are some benefits to working in bookstore). I've read them all multiple times

I'm that hooked... I can't wait to find out what happens next... they don't even have to leave me with the

intense cliffhangers they used in the earlier arcs because the characters are just that likeable. I've read that

there is a possbility of a movie being made, Ryan Reynolds (Waiting, Blade III, Van Wilder) Would make a cool

Yorrick, Jason Lee is getting to old to play a 20 something, though if this were 10 years ago I'd go with Lee.

As interesting as it would be to have a movie, I think this would make an even better TV serries, prefferably on

HBO where they can have liberal use of the f word, one line from Dr. Mann later in the the serries "I went 31 one years without having a gun pointed at me, why does it happen on an hourly **to perform an anatomical sexual impossibility**ing basis now?" is just gold, and I'd hate to see that sanitized just to land on the sci-fi channel or here in Montreal 'Space'. I

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.