Washington DC Message Boards

Kids Peace Pledge to Congress

Luke_Wilbur

With an approval rating at the lowest point in history, legislation and appointments stalled, and partisan bickering at an all time high, Congress could use a hand. Kids for Peace members from all over the United States will unite to present the Peace Pledge to Congress during the DC Peace Pledge Tour.

While the children come from diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, their united message will be heard loud and clear in the Halls of Congress, at major US Memorials on the Mall, The US Holocaust Museum, The US Institute of Peace, The Kenyan Embassy, a local homeless shelter and The White House.

The Peace Pledge states:

I pledge to use my words to speak in a kind way.

I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day.

I pledge to care for our earth with my healing heart and hands.

I pledge to respect people in each and every land.

I pledge to join together as we unite the big and small.

I pledge to do my part to create Peace for one and all.

“We believe that if everyone followed the Peace Pledge, we would have a world of kindness, respect, unity and love. By getting the Peace Pledge into our schools, communities and out to the world, we can create the change! There is no better place to start this change than with our country's leaders in Washington D.C.,” said co-founder and Executive Director Jill McManigal.

The idea to present the Peace Pledge to Congress was sparked by a comment made by a Congressman while visiting a San Diego Kids for Peace chapter event. Upon hearing the children recite the Peace Pledge, Congressman Bob Filner replied, “There are 434 other people who need to hear this. It’s a message that transcends party lines. This is a message for everyone.” The children are now on a mission to share their message of peace, unity and respect with all.

Kids for Peace, a non-profit that was established in 2006, has grown into a global organization with over 100 interconnected chapters that seek to cultivate every child’s innate ability to foster peace through cross-cultural experiences and hands-on arts, service and environmental projects.

www.kidsforpeaceglobal.org

dc_flyer.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.