Washington DC Message Boards

The Holy Spirit is Here

Soldier of God

• 9 months later...
Guest Galatians 5:16-26

16 I say, then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the flesh.*

17 For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want.

18 But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness,

20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions

21 occasions of envy,* drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,

23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

24 Now those who belong to Christ [Jesus] have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.

26 Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.

Guest Acts, 1:1 - 1:12

1:1 The former discourse I made, O Theophilus, concerning all things that Jesus began both to do and to teach,

2 till the day in which he was taken up, after he had, through the Holy Spirit, given commandments to the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 to whom he also showed himself alive, after he had suffered, by many infallible proofs, appearing to them for forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

4 And being assembled together with them he charged them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to await the promise of the Father, which, said he, you heard from me:

5 for John indeed baptized in water, but you shall be baptized in the Holy Spirit not many days hence.

6 They that had come together therefore asked him, saying: Lord, dost thou at this time restore the kingdom to Israel? He said to them: It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has appointed by his own authority;

8 but you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be my witnesses, both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

9 And when he had said these things, as they beheld, he was taken up, and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they were looking steadfastly toward heaven as he departed, behold, two men stood by them in white garments,

11 who also said: Men of Galilee, why stand looking towards heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you saw him go into heaven.

12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a sabbath day’s journey.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1 Corinthians, 2:9 - 15

9 But as it is written: Which things eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and into the heart of man have not entered, as many as God has prepared for those that love him.

10 For to us has God revealed them through his Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

11 For what one of men knows the thoughts of man but the spirit of man which is in him? So also the thoughts of God has no one known but the Spirit of God.

12 But we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, that we may know the things that are freely given to us by God;

13 which things we also speak not in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit explaining spiritual things to spiritual men.

14 But the psychical man receives not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But the spiritual man discerns all things; he himself, however, is discerned by no one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thankful Son

The Hebrew language phrase ruach ha-kodesh (Hebrew: רוח הקודש, "holy spirit" also transliterated ruah ha-qodesh) is a term used in the Hebrew Bible (Tanakh) and Jewish writings to refer to the Spirit of YHVH. (The expression in Hebrew is: יהוה .קָדְשְׁך) The Hebrew term ruakh kodeshka (רוּחַ קָדְשְׁךָ, "thy holy spirit"), without the definite article, also occurs. The "Holy Spirit" in Judaism generally refers to the divine aspect of prophecy and wisdom. It also refers to the divine force, quality, and influence of the Most High God, over the universe or over his creatures, in given contexts.

HOLY%20SPIRIT%20WEBSIZE%20TAN%20BACKGROUND.jpg

Bereshit - Genesis 1:2

2 Now the earth was a formless void, there was darkness over the deep, with a divine wind sweeping over the waters.

New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)

2 However, the lands were unsightly and unfinished, darkness covered their depths, and God's Breath moved over their waters.

Greek Septuagint

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

New International Version (NIV)

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Standard King James Version (Pure Cambridge)

2 The earth was without form and empty, with darkness on the face of the depths, but God's spirit moved on the water's surface.

Jewish Publication Society Bible

Guest Tree of SOuls

The Holy Spirit consists of three parts: Spirit, Voice, and Word. From Spirit the Creator produced air and formed twenty-two sounds; the letters of the alphabet. From air He formed waters, and from chaos and void He created mire and clay, and from them He formed the foundation of existence.

Guest Ephesians 3:1-7

1 Because of this, I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ* [Jesus] for you Gentiles

2 if, as I suppose, you have heard of the stewardship* of God’s grace that was given to me for your benefit,

3 [namely, that] the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly earlier.

4 When you read this you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

5 which was not made known to human beings in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit

6 that the Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and copartners in the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

7 Of this I became a minister by the gift of God’s grace that was granted me in accord with the exercise of his power.