Washington DC Message Boards

Reform the Federal Reserve and American Banks

Luke_Wilbur

The reviews of the Government Accountability Office revealed that financial disclosure of the financial transactions of the banks board members is hidden from the general public.

The Federal Reserve needs to be more transparent and no longer allow conflicts of interest.

Guest wheresmymoney

The Federal Reserve should stick to its written policy stating it must 'promote effectively the goals of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates.' That means controlling inflation as well as promoting job growth.

Guest Soldier of God

The book of Matthew great wisdom is eternal and shines through endless translations. Jesus teaching about the difference from running a good and business. He also taught us that to respect God you need to respect your neighbor.

25:13 Watch therefore, for you know not the day nor the hour.

14 For as a man, on leaving home, called his servants, and delivered to them his goods;

15 and to one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his own ability, and left home.

16 Immediately he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made other five talents.

17 In like manner he that had received the two gained other two.

18 But he that had received the one went and dug in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 But after a long time the lord of those servants comes and takes up a settlement with them.

20 And he that had received the five talents came and brought other five talents, saying: Lord, five talents thou didst deliver to me: see, other five talents have I gained.

21 His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant; thou wast faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many: enter into the joy of thy lord.

22 And he that had received the two talents came and said: Lord, two talents thou didst deliver to me: see, other two talents have I gained.

23 His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant; thou wast faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many: enter into the joy of thy lord.

24 And he that had received the one talent came and said: Lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou didst not sow, and gathering whence thou didst not scatter;

25 and being afraid I went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, thou hast thy own.

26 But his lord answered and said to him: Wicked and slothful servant, didst thou know that I reap where I did not sow, and gather whence I did not a scatter?

27 It behooved thee then to put my money with the bankers, and on coming I could have received my own with interest.

28 Take then from him the talent and give it to him that has the ten talents.

29 For to every one that has shall be given, and he shall have abundance; but from him that has a not, even that which he has shall be taken from him.

30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the darkness that is without: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 But when the Son of man shall have come in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory;

32 and there shall be gathered before him all the nations; and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

33 and he shall place the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the king say to those on his right: Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom that has been prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me drink; I was a stranger, and you took me to your homes;

36 I was unclothed, and you clothed me; I was sick, and you visited me; I was in prison, and you came to me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying: Lord, when saw we thee hungry and fed thee? or thirsty and gave thee drink?

38 And when saw we thee a stranger and took thee to our homes? or unclothed and clothed thee?

39 And when saw we thee sick or in prison and came to thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say to them: Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.

41 Then shall, he say to those also on the left: Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire that is prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave, me no drink;

43 I was a stranger, and you took me not to your homes; unclothed, and you clothed me not: sick and in prison, and you visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying: Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or unclothed, or sick, or in prison, and ministered not to thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying: Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

chick-your-life-07-jhvh-1.jpeg

http://codexsinaitic...22&zoomSlider=0

• 6 months later...
Guest Elizabeth Warren for Mass.

Wall Street investment bank JP Morgan took risky bets and just lost two billion dollars of other people's money.

Elizabeth Warren says: "With the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, I'm calling on Congress to put Wall Street reform back on the agenda and to begin by passing a new Glass-Steagall Act. This was the law that stopped investment banks from gambling away people's life savings for decades -- until Wall Street successfully lobbied to have it repealed in 1999."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.