Washington DC Message Boards

Nationalism vs. Globalization

It is quite apparent that our financial institutions have the tiller when it comes to economic direction. Both public and private institutions are thinking globally for investments and acquisitions. Are we ready as a nation to commit to this direction?

Guest HUMAN

Okay! BOTH.

International Copyright Laws. There has been a revision for awhile now that you have just barely begun to see on T.V., and online. There is some chatter but the general public is not yet fully aware nor is the investors of certain industries that the revision is a ONE TIME SHOT ONLY DEAL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is quite apparent that our financial institutions have the tiller when it comes to economic direction. Both public and private institutions are thinking globally for investments and acquisitions. Are we ready as a nation to commit to this direction?

Guest Democracy NOW

A new study by the Economic Policy Institute has found that U.S.-based companies created more jobs overseas this year than they did inside the United States. Overseas, 1.4 million jobs were created, versus less than one million within the United States. At the firm DuPont, the number of U.S. employees has shrunk by nine percent since 2005, while its work force grew by 54 percent in Asia-Pacific countries. At Caterpillar, more than half of the 15,000 people hired this year were outside the United States.

Guest Romney for President

Okay! BOTH.

International Copyright Laws. There has been a revision for awhile now that you have just barely begun to see on T.V., and online. There is some chatter but the general public is not yet fully aware nor is the investors of certain industries that the revision is a ONE TIME SHOT ONLY DEAL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four years ago, President Obama promised to take China to the mat. Promising to create jobs by opening markets like China. We need a president who will fight for American workers, install fair trade practices, and protect intellectual property. Vote Mitt Romney for President. He will win back the American Dream where Obama has failed.

The United States will end up in a second great Depression, with China ruling the World Economics. The US will keep borrowing Chinese money to buy Chinese made goods. Made in USA has to be resurrected as a means of pride. Global trade is important, but it is much more important to get America working again.

Guest HUMAN

Yeap!!!One very major important lesson that my disability taught me was that "No one is going to take care of me but myself".

Went through hell and back and then some, and some more after that. But it taught me to be prepared.

Very lucky to have a major disability early on in my life.

My groups' mantra is “WIN OR DIE TRYING". <~~~~~ It is what it is, there is no Vail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States will end up in a second great Depression, with China ruling the World Economics. The US will keep borrowing Chinese money to buy Chinese made goods. Made in USA has to be resurrected as a means of pride. Global trade is important, but it is much more important to get America working again.

Guest HUMAN

S&P Gave us A WARNING of what is to come if we do not get our act together.

There are NO GAMES on this one and we are all going to take a bath in the Stock Market on Monday.

Free trade is a myth with exchange rates fixed in favor of our foreign competitors. That coupled with cheap labor and China's version of capitalism works against us. US manufacturing companies cannot compete against China's state sponsored factories. This reflects Fascism's theory of economic corporatism where the government invested corporations control sectors of the economy. Our leaders need to understand that the transfer of wealth and technology in the name of profit will destroy our country without a fight.

Guest Chris Ravenswood

Our political leaders do not have any real power. The Federal Reserve dominates economic policy that shapes the country and the rest of the world.

• 4 months later...

How has "FREE TRADE" benefited our communities and our children??? Answer: It hasn't. We get Televisions from China and in exchange get Cashier jobs at Wal Mart. We get clothes from Thailand and South America and get clean up on Isle 10 at Target for job opportunities. We get I-phones from China and outsourced customer service from India in exchange for wireless sales job at the Mall paying $8 per hour with no benefits or retirement. The equation is very simple. We give them 10 jobs and they give us 1 back...........

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.