Washington DC Message Boards

Is 'Made in America' being tied to Unions?

Foreign Interests Must Be Desperate

The latest banter coming from the other side is that they want people to think Made in America is a Union ploy.

When actually Made in America is our only hope.

Oil prices from violence and greedy speculation is driving all energy and goods prices up, up, up!

Acquisition of these products are done on market level.

It is very difficult to get proper investment without significant capital. You can have a great idea, but it will go no where if Wall Street is not on board.

Goods and Services have been globalized, so that resource needed by host is ignored. History shows us Banana Republics with two classes; rich and poor.

In times of resource stress, the host can find both a product shortage and a devaluation of price. The host has little say to these profit organisms.

The American labor force is being replaced by: outsourcing goods and services; cheaper immigrant labor forces; and technology.

Technology Software and Products are being traded around more and more.

Statistics show that the pack has either caught up or passed us already in many sectors. Energy, Finance, Agriculture, Medical, Pharmaceutical, etc... I find it comical that British Petroleum has been awarded another well head in the Gulf.

I find it even more comical that they made 5 billion in profit last year. Good for them. They are true models of the International (multinational) Corporation.

Wall Street underwriters follow an efficient path to profit. Whether it is good or bad, I cannot state with certainty.

But, I do know that we are suffering.

I am asking that the Barons of Wall Street, Energy, and Media do what is best for country now that tangible resources are becoming smaller. Consider your brothers, sisters, cousins, friends, that do not have the same advantages as you.

Start buying American made retail goods. Start lending to Small Business again. I applaud Disney having the guts to air their "Made in America" television series on ABC. At least a discourse is starting.

I shared these sentiments by writing the White House and got the following response.

Thank you for writing. I have heard from many Americans who are losing their jobs and struggling to pay their bills. Every day, I meet with my economic advisors to make sure we are doing all we can to create good jobs and to help Americans support their families and pursue the American dream.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was the first step to spur job growth and ease the pain of unemployment. This landmark law has saved or created millions of jobs here at home in industries such as alternative energy, health care, and construction. By extending and increasing emergency unemployment compensation and increasing access to health insurance, the my Administration has also provided relief to millions of unemployed Americans, and has helped improve our Nation's economic outlook. Additionally, I signed legislation that will help small businesses -- the engine of growth on Main Streets across our country -- thrive, grow, and hire by providing them with tax breaks and better access to credit.

However, many Americans are still struggling to find employment and provide for their families. To assist workers looking for jobs, I signed into law the Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act, extending unemployment benefits beyond what existed in the Recovery Act. To restore desperately needed assistance to Americans who lost their jobs in the recession, I also signed into law the Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010, as well as an extension of COBRA benefits.

My Administration is also helping Americans return to work by emphasizing job training in industries that cannot be outsourced. Recently laid-off workers receiving unemployment benefits have new opportunities to pursue higher education and job training programs, including easier access to Pell Grants. To encourage job creation in the United States, I am replacing tax laws that send jobs overseas with new incentives to create them here at home. Available assistance can be found online at http://go.usa.gov/aU7 or www.Opportunity.gov.

Together, we can help more Americans find and keep good jobs and enjoy a healthy standard of living. To find an employment center near you, select your state at: www.dol.gov/dol/location.htm. For information on benefits and opportunities for those seeking employment, I encourage you to visit: http://go.usa.gov/aUA. For career resources, call 1-877-872-5627 or visit: www.CareerOneStop.org. While it will take time to turn our economy around, I am confident that, working together, we will emerge from this crisis stronger than before.

Thank you, again, for writing.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

We need to get past our differences and get together as a country. United We Stand. Divided We Fall.

This means that both union and non union private business leaders need to focus on Building a Better Future for our country. Workers have the right to choose their paths as well. In some instances union is the better way to go. In other instances, non union may be the better idea.

Outsourcing is not the answer. Outsourcing becomes a bear trap that business cannot escape once the supply chain has been connected. Foreign labor and management have the right to splinter off and capture wealth and intelligence for their own. It is happening right now and accelerating at an unsustainable pace.

Once the transfer of wealth is complete only the cream of the crop will benefit. Innovation will become the only answer.

I am going to call SBA and see what they have to say today.

I still Dream.

You are a true Patriot Luke. We should all be as ready as you are to help our fellow Americans work together, and build a better future for all.

The way I see it, America IS a Union! And every citizen has a responsibility to at very least remember that!

I've never been involved with a union, but that doesn't make me any less Patriotic.

Lets work together America. Indivisibly for US.

Edited by Doug_White

Guest ThinkSpeak

The decentralized operating strategy is taking hold and focus is now being targeted to the people who buy and supply products. This will be the death of Nationalism.

Guest Yusuf

The decentralized operating strategy is taking hold and focus is now being targeted to the people who buy and supply products. This will be the death of Nationalism.

The United Future World Currency (UFWC) was set up in 1996 as the initiative of Dr. Sandro Sassoli who has been the driving force behind the idea of this project for more than 15 years. The UFWC project originally began with the patenting of the trademark "EURODOLLAR" by Dr. Sassoli before the formation of the European Union's single currency, the EURO in 1997. The UFWC has struck previous coins for the "Continents series" in Europe, (Royal Belgian Mint, 2009) Central America, (Casa de Moneda, Mexico) In 2011, the next coin in the series will be struck in Australia.

Today the United Future World Currency project represents the interests of many nations, governments and institutions all over the world. Numerous high-profile personalities & celebrities including prominent Heads of State are promoting our project worldwide and, above all, countless young people have joined us through over 1000 schools worldwide, in an effort to bring this idea to fruition in the future, for their future.

http://www.futureworldcurrency.com/

united_future_world_currency_coin_hidden_symbols.png

Guest Ofthehighest

No way do I want one world coin. Did anyone watch the Charlie Rose interview with former Gov. Mike Huckabee?

The former governor is definitely running for President. But, what was more interesting is his firm support of Made in America.

That makes two Republican candidates (Huckabee and Trump) that support getting jobs for the people and stopping this unfair trade imbalance with China.

Guest Guest

Everybody knows stuff made in the US is the best. Take sporting goods for example. Made In U.S.A. still means #1! Engineered by the best, designed for maximum performance, and safety even your child's grandmother can count on!

1985_made_in_america_sticker-p217624192170582556tdcj_152.jpg

No way do I want one world coin. Did anyone watch the Charlie Rose interview with former Gov. Mike Huckabee?

The former governor is definitely running for President. But, what was more interesting is his firm support of Made in America.

That makes two Republican candidates (Huckabee and Trump) that support getting jobs for the people and stopping this unfair trade imbalance with China.

http://www.charliero...w/content/11517

In 9:30 of the conversation Huckabee states to Rose that the economy is not growing. China is dumping products here that is making American manufacturing impossible to compete. He considers this one of the greatest scandals of our generation. Further he states that this is not a party issue. This is an issue where power has looked away at regulating international trade laws. Maybe that is why is the most popular Tea Party candidate.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/03/6180588-nbcwsj-poll-tea-party-supporters-like-huck

Guest Fedup

Protecting American interests was a platform of the Republican Party in the past. Click on the image to see it in larger format.

post-2808-129911714739_thumb.jpg

That is an interesting picture that should be seen by all Republicans. What changed? The same factors that corrupted the Democrat party. Wall Street. Now the two have merged into one Republicratic philosophy. Protect foreign interest at any cost.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.