Washington DC Message Boards

Troopergate - Governor Sarah Palin

LAW

The soon-to-be released report is expected to show Todd Palin's involvement in the dismissal of an Alaska official, reports John Blackstone. Bob Scheiffer discusses the probe's likely effect.

Apparently the Alaskan Senate Legislative Panel got the 300-page Troopergate report, along with 1,000 pages of documentation, sometime yesterday. We can expect that either Palin got the report at the same time, or one of the Republican lawmakers from the Panel would have briefed her by now on what is in the report.

Just before going into a closed-door meeting, Republican State Rep. Peggy Wilson had this to say:

"This is a pretty serious thing and I don't feel comfortable even talking about it until I've got it all read," Wilson said. "I don't know if anyone else, maybe they're speed readers, but I spent hours on it yesterday and I didn't have time to read it all."

The committee chairman, Democratic Sen. Kim Elton, did not delay the closed-door meeting.

The Republicans have control of the Alaskan legislature. If I were a member of the committee I would release the report. An obvious cover-up will just call more attention to the story, and there are always leaks.

Can anyone tell me why I can't start new topics?

An Alaska state legislative investigator found Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her executive power when she and her husband engaged in a campaign to oust her former brother-in-law from the state police force.

In a lengthy report released in Anchorage, Stephen Branchflower found that Palin also improperly allowed her husband, Todd, to use the governor's office to pursue a personal vendetta against the trooper.

"Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda, to wit: To get Trooper Michael Wooten fired," said the report released by a bipartisan legislative committee.

Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. That states: "Each public officer holds office as a public trust and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest though official action is a violation of that trust."

It is up to the state's Personnel Board, not the Legislature, to decide whether Palin violated the ethics laws. If so, it must refer the matter to the Senate president for disciplinary action. Realistically, none of this will be decided to after the election.

If she did violate the ethics laws where does that leave the American people? Do we really want another person in office who clearly does not obey the laws they are suppose to govern?

It is up to the state's Personnel Board, not the Legislature, to decide whether Palin violated the ethics laws. If so, it must refer the matter to the Senate president for disciplinary action. Realistically, none of this will be decided to after the election.

Guest SharetheTruth

An Alaska lawmaker calls for an independent probe of whether John McCain's staff tampered with witnesses to protect Sarah Palin from the "Troopergate" scandal. If McCain-Palin get in, this will be the last true American election. She will be working for Halliburton, KBR, Rove and Cheney into the foreseeable future -- for a decade perhaps -- a puppet "president" for the same people who have plundered our treasure, are now holding the US economy hostage and who murdered four thousand brave young men and women in a way of choice and lies.

About 900 signatures were gathered at the two-hour Hold Palin Accountable

Read the petition:

This petition is to demand the removal of Talis Colberg from the office of Attorney General of the State of Alaska.

Whereas, Alaska Attorney General Colberg has tampered with witnesses subpoenaed to testify in the Alaska Legislative Council’s independent investigation of Troopergate and the pressuring of Walt Monegan to fire Trooper Wooten.

Whereas Attorney General Colberg has an admitted conflict-of-interest in the Troopergate investigation due to his acting on behalf of the Governor to pressure Walt Monegan to fire Trooper Michael Wooten.

Whereas Attorney General Colberg is obstructing the ongoing Troopergate investigation being conducted by the Alaska Legislative Council’s independent investigator Stephen Branchflower, reneged on his written commitment to the Alaska Legislative Council to cooperate fully with the Troopergate investigation, and has instructed witnesses subpoenaed to testify not to appear or comply with their subpoenas.

Whereas, Attorney General Colberg has allowed outside influences from attorneys Edward O’Callaghan and others of the McCain campaign to influence the Attorney General’s Office in the Troopergate investigation.

This petition is to demand the removal of Talis Colberg from the office of Attorney General of the State of Alaska.

http://www.pitbull4president.org

Guest human_*

It was your group who nailed us all on the economy. It's your group "democrats" who have given the green light for a New Nuclear arms race in Latin America as well as the Middle East.

No more on your games in getting All of us in trouble and then screaming that everyone has to bail you out because it involves National Security.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Alaska lawmaker calls for an independent probe of whether John McCain's staff tampered with witnesses to protect Sarah Palin from the "Troopergate" scandal. If McCain-Palin get in, this will be the last true American election. She will be working for Halliburton, KBR, Rove and Cheney into the foreseeable future -- for a decade perhaps -- a puppet "president" for the same people who have plundered our treasure, are now holding the US economy hostage and who murdered four thousand brave young men and women in a way of choice and lies.

About 900 signatures were gathered at the two-hour Hold Palin Accountable

Read the petition:

http://www.pitbull4president.org

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.