Washington DC Message Boards

CHAVEZ

Human

Hey!!! to the Democrats, you wanted power back no matter what.

YOUR SIDE "Democrats" in achieving POWER NO MATTER WHAT? HAS MADE THE WORLD WAY MORE DANGEROUS THAN MY GROUP "Republicans" COULD EVER HAVE.

I would laugh, but none of this is funny, and I owe that democrat in congress who told me “That his group CAN make the general public believe anything that they want them to”.

I OWE HIM A DINNER.

<I really wished to God that he was wrong, and it breaks my heart to know that he was RIGHT. There are some political lessons that are very hard to swallow. LIVE AND LEARN HUH? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/I...how/2547767.cms

CARACAS: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez pursued an ambitious diplomatic mission Saturday aimed at persuading OPEC nations to maintain oil prices at their current level, defending Iran's nuclear program, and stepping up efforts to get Colombian rebels to release hostages.

Chavez wants the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries summit in Saudi Arabia this week to take on a stronger "political and geopolitical" role and return to its stance of the 1970s when it tightened the screws on consumer nations.

Chavez believes that oil should be priced between 80 and 100 dollars a barrel, and that OPEC must find a way to compensate the world's poorest countries for the high prices.

The Venezuelan leader also wants OPEC to consider distributing its windfall profits by subsidizing oil and gas products in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Chavez has proposed a "protection formula" so that soaring oil prices "do not become a destructive bomb on the Third World economies."

However he also believes wealthy consumer countries should pay high prices for oil in order to prevent hydrocarbon waste.

From the summit Chavez will head to his fourth visit to Tehran on November 19, for a meeting with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran, with which Venezuela has signed eight billion dollars' worth of accords, mostly in the oil and gas sectors.

Venezuelan-Iranian ties are strengthening at a time when the West favors a third series of sanctions against Tehran over its nuclear program.

Chavez has defended Iran's right to nuclear energy, and has offered his services as a mediator to talk with the United States and its allies - though nobody has asked him to act yet.

In a recent interview with French television, Chavez announced that, just like Iran, "Venezuela will also begin to develop nuclear energy with peaceful purposes, just like Brazil is doing, just like Argentina is doing."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.