Washington DC Message Boards

What is the Redskins Problem

Guest Chad

Guest why-again???

It is the same story, 2nd half lead that is blown, horrendous use of timeouts and clock management, and not having the stones to go for it on 4th and half a yard.

I hate to say it but it might be time for Gibbs to go. Team meltdowns have to be held accountable and it’s on the coach not to blow it in then 2nd half.

You can be upset at the Redskins, but why call for the Gibbs to leave. If the Redskins made that 3rd and goal play none of you would not be saying anything. Gibbs would have looked like a genius. The problem is that the offensive line did not pick up those linebackers.

Come back to reality. A draw play on 3rd and goal. They did not even go for it on 4th down. Looks like weak play calling to me. The Redskins have blown every 4th quarter lead this season. Except when they played a superior New England Patriots.

The problem with all of you old timers is that you still think it is 1985. The Super Bowl Redskins are gone. Now all you have is a bunch of over hyped losers.

I am going to laugh at you guys when you get blown away by the Cowboys.

PATS #1

Guest human_*

Putting on bi-focals, PROUD TO BE AN OLD TIMER.

My shoes are probably older and more experienced than the cowboys will ever be. Redskins’ shoes. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come back to reality. A draw play on 3rd and goal. They did not even go for it on 4th down. Looks like weak play calling to me. The Redskins have blown every 4th quarter lead this season. Except when they played a superior New England Patriots.

The problem with all of you old timers is that you still think it is 1985. The Super Bowl Redskins are gone. Now all you have is a bunch of over hyped losers.

I am going to laugh at you guys when you get blown away by the Cowboys.

PATS #1

Tough game but your team is dead in the standings. No playoffs for the Deadskins. America will be watching the Patriots return to action against Buffalo.

Maybe we deserve a losing team with the way we treat Coach Joe Gibbs.

Washington is 3-4 in the NFC this season, so Sunday's game against Tampa Bay could be pivotal in terms of playoff tiebreakers as the Redskins head into the stretch run.

Last Sunday Keenan McCardell caught five passes for 76 yards, including four that resulted in first downs. A little known fact is that Keenan has a Super Bowl ring. He got

the ring during his first year with the Washington Redskins. He never played, but he was on injured reserve.

On December 4, 2005, Keenan McCardell became the 13th player in NFL history to record 800 career receptions. He is also 20th on the all-time list for yardage by a receiver.

I lost my respect for Joe Gibbs on November 18, 1985. That is the day that Joe Theismann's career ended after getting sacked by Lawrence Taylor. Now a normal coach would have visited one of his players at Arlington Hospital after the game. Joe Gibbs did not even visit his quarterback during his entire stay at the hospital. That revealed his true character to me. The rest is just media hype.

Guest WarpathInsiders

1. A good loss?

The Redskins looked good for most of the game in the 28-23 loss to Dallas. So what does that mean? Was it the start of something or was it a one-game aberration? After 10 games, it’s hard to say that it was the start of something big. The Redskins have proven to be inconsistent all season. However, it’s really hard to say because they have thrown the ball better the past two games. So perhaps the offense is coming around. But all this is why Sunday will be the most revealing game of the season. If the Redskins somehow took a step with a ‘’good’’ loss, then they will build on it and win in Tampa. If that happens, then it could be a fun December.

2. Jason Campbell.

He’s taken a big step in his development by running the no-huddle the past two games and by firing the ball at Dallas. But he remains a work in progress. Campbell still needs to learn to step up when the heat is coming, allowing him to prevent a possible strip. Tony Romo did just that and it’s one subtle difference between the two. But Campbell continues to learn. QB coach Bill Lazor said Campbell has done better at little things such as looking off the safety. Sometimes, Campbell will think he has only to discover while watching film that he really didn’t. But the following week he’ll do it better. That’s what the Redskins like.

3. Deep trouble.

The Redskins will again be tested deep against Tampa Bay between QB Jeff Garcia and WR Joey Galloway. LaRon Landry’s youth was really exposed. On T.O.’s second TD pass, Landry came flying up and vacated the middle, leaving an easy opening for Owens. Reed Doughty had a horrible pass interference call. Yes, it’s a function of youth. But it’s also the result of losing Sean Taylor, who will be out again Sunday. And for those wondering why Doughty started over Prioleau, the guess is because Prioleau is better as a safety in the slot. He’s just not that good in coverage, but Doughty struggled there too.

4. Offensive line.

The line has done a better job lately, but the guy I worry about is Pete Kendall. He’s not one to complain, but he certainly seems to be hurting with some older-player joints. Nobody has said anything, but I wonder how he’ll hold up over the next six weeks.

5. Injuries.

Santana Moss remains a banged-up receiver, though he should be able to play again Sunday. James Thrash remained in his boot Tuesday and isn’t sure when it’s coming off. He’s questionable for Sunday. ver, though he should be able to play again Sunday. James Thrash remained in his boot Tuesday and isn’t sure when it’s coming off. He’s questionable for Sunday. Todd Wade expects to play. The one good thing lately has been Keenan McCardell.

http://was.scout.com/2/703880.html

Guest Mason420
Washington is 3-4 in the NFC this season, so Sunday's game against Tampa Bay could be pivotal in terms of playoff tiebreakers as the Redskins head into the stretch run.

Last Sunday Keenan McCardell caught five passes for 76 yards, including four that resulted in first downs. A little known fact is that Keenan has a Super Bowl ring. He got

the ring during his first year with the Washington Redskins. He never played, but he was on injured reserve.

On December 4, 2005, Keenan McCardell became the 13th player in NFL history to record 800 career receptions. He is also 20th on the all-time list for yardage by a receiver.

Hype the Redskins all you want. Watching them hand Tampa Bay the game showed the team plain sucks. I love the Skins, but I need to get away from watching them. They have been nothing but a decade long letdown. I am tired of getting jokes from people when I am wearing the my Portis jersey. Joe Gibbs needs to retire and Dan Snyder needs to sell the team to an owner that knows how to win.

This has to be the most bitter season. I am pretty depressed. I know it must be difficult for the entire Redskins organization to suit up for the game. It seems like the same story: bad playcalling, poor execution, stupid mistakes, penalties, and injuries. Prevent defense prevents victories.