Washington DC Message Boards

Nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue

Guest Jonathan

Guest Jonathan

post-2502-1193862061_thumbgif

This nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue is not as remote as you might think—but you can keep it from coming true.

Polls show that with candidates other than John Edwards at the top of the Democratic ticket, Democrats will have a tough time defending the blue states and winning the swing states we'll need to take the White House in 2008. We could even lose our majorities in Congress!

The American people are hungry for change. They don't want a candidate who defends the broken system in Washington. Any candidate who stands with the lobbyists instead of the American people will lose.

But with John Edwards at the top of the ticket, we can turn red states blue, build stronger Democratic majorities in Congress, and help Democrats take back more governorships and state legislatures across the country.

Because John knows that in this election, we need a bold leader—not someone who's just a little better than the Republicans. John is the only candidate in the race who has won in a red state. And poll after poll show him out-performing all the other Democrats against all of the top Republican candidates—especially in the swing states and red states we'll need to win to take back the White House.

Guest human_*

Your side wanted power "No matter what"; well I got news for you! it's come time to pay the piper.

The Peru free trade agreement of which you oppose WILL HURT United States LONG TERM REGIONAL INTERESTS.

On this one? Your side "The Democrats" WILL have to eat it. Your side helped create the mess in Venezeula,and your side GETS TO HELP CLEAN IT UP. <~ You see people; there really IS a PRICE FOR THIS "Power back NO MATTER WHAT".

It can get expensive the No Matter What Part.

By the way;

WELCOME TO THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE DEMOCRATS PLAYING POLITICS WITH THIS NATION'S FOREIGN POLICY.

IT COSTS US ALL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-2502-1193862061_thumbgif

This nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue is not as remote as you might think—but you can keep it from coming true.

Polls show that with candidates other than John Edwards at the top of the Democratic ticket, Democrats will have a tough time defending the blue states and winning the swing states we'll need to take the White House in 2008. We could even lose our majorities in Congress!

The American people are hungry for change. They don't want a candidate who defends the broken system in Washington. Any candidate who stands with the lobbyists instead of the American people will lose.

But with John Edwards at the top of the ticket, we can turn red states blue, build stronger Democratic majorities in Congress, and help Democrats take back more governorships and state legislatures across the country.

Because John knows that in this election, we need a bold leader—not someone who's just a little better than the Republicans. John is the only candidate in the race who has won in a red state. And poll after poll show him out-performing all the other Democrats against all of the top Republican candidates—especially in the swing states and red states we'll need to win to take back the White House.

I am tired of both sides stating the world is our enemy. Our government leaders cry wolf so our business leaders can slaughter sheep. We wave the American flag when we really should be waving the dollar. The greenback is today's new glory.

Guest human_*

You are not the only one who is tired of it "I can promise you that".

I have more than enough contacts in Latin America as well as in Europe, and in this government to were I CAN TELL the political establishment "To go jump off a bridge", and for me? Just go into the private sector.

I have had alot people that I know do EXACTLY just that.

The only reason that I don't do it, is cause I believe in United States Interests First and Fore Most.

To be honest; I did leave politics for awhile, but what got me back into was that a nurse that I knew was not getting the social services because he has HIV, and in the state he was in? I didn't have any pull in there. TILL I GOT BACK IN. ]:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am tired of both sides stating the world is our enemy. Our government leaders cry wolf so our business leaders can slaughter sheep. We wave the American flag when we really should be waving the dollar. The greenback is today's new glory.

Guest human_*

The Peru free trade agreement is to counter Venezuela’s growing influence with in the region "Money still talks and we all know what still walks".

Venezuela is awash with oil money right now, and they are buying as many politicians as they can.

There is a REALITY to international politics? And one of those realities "Whether any of us like it or not",

Is that we HAVE TO counter Venezuela’s growing influence.

The democrats wanted to play with Latin America just to make this administration look bad.

Now the democrats hold the purse strings, and they have to anti up for their games, and we "The American People" have to pay a price for it.

MR. GREEN

You are one of the first politicians that can actually write.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.