Washington DC Message Boards

Question for former Senator John Edwards

• 3 weeks later...

I got an interesting comment on John Edwards page

I voted TD on this submission to be posted to the Argument and Analysis section of the John Edwards supporters blog ... well, basically because its not an argument and its not an analysis, when it ought to be both to appear on the front page.

Go to the main campaign site to pose a question to the campaign ... here is a shortcut to the "contact us" page over at the John Edwards campaign site (well, maybe I should say "up" at the John Edwards campaign site, since they host this supporter's blog).

I just filled out John Edward's form and left him a note.

• 3 months later...

Luke,

John Edwards tood down your page. I knew there was something fishy about him.

I got this fact check email

John Edwards' new ad says that when he's in the Oval Office, he'll tell Congress to act within six months to make sure all Americans have health insurance or "I'm going to use my power as president to take your health care away from you."

First he's going to have to throw out the Constitution, though. No president has the power to strip lawmakers and Cabinet members of their health coverage. Health insurance is a benefit granted to federal employees (including members of Congress) by law, not by executive fiat, as we've said before.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.