Washington DC Message Boards

President Obama’s Address to Congress

Guest LAW

I think this an issue that cannot be resolved. No doctor is going torefuse to treat someone in ill health. That would be going against theHippocratic Oath to ethically practice medicine. I am sure all the people that screamed 'death panel' would agree.

Tell that to Dr. Michael Franchetti, an orthopedic surgeon in Laurel, Maryland, who refused to see me with a crushed tibial plateau from a motorcycle accident. Sure, he sees some Washington Redskins from time to time, but I was not deemed worthy of care as I was uninsured. Never mind I had inherited 10 thousand dollars at the time - No insurance, No treatment!!! While you rub your eyes trying to figure out if you read that correctly I'll repeat: No insurance, NO TREATMENT, DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH.

Have a nice day.

I think this an issue that cannot be resolved. No doctor is going torefuse to treat someone in ill health. That would be going against theHippocratic Oath to ethically practice medicine. I am sure all the people that screamed 'death panel' would agree.

House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va., told ABC on Wednesday (and I quote): "Obviously, the President of the United States is always welcome on Capitol Hill."

Really.

Gee whiz, thank you doucheba ... err, Senator Cantor: The President of the United States is welcome on Capitol Hill? Thanks again Eric; if it weren't for your punishingly painful grasp of the completely obvious, why, the President may have nowhere to go at all and may have to be put up for adoption ... which leads me to ponder ... are all Republicans morons, or just the ones in power? I'm looking at you, Baby Joe Wilson. What a Effing disgrace. Go back to South Carolina; you're an embarrassment at Best.

Tell that to Dr. Michael Franchetti, an orthopedic surgeon in Laurel, Maryland, who refused to see me with a crushed tibial plateau from a motorcycle accident. Sure, he sees some Washington Redskins from time to time, but I was not deemed worthy of care as I was uninsured. Never mind I had inherited 10 thousand dollars at the time - No insurance, No treatment!!! While you rub your eyes trying to figure out if you read that correctly I'll repeat: No insurance, NO TREATMENT, DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH.

Have a nice day.

Touché

fencing.jpg

Edited by Luke_Wilbur

I would like to hear from people who do not have health insurance at all (preexisting condition perhaps?)who are against this idea.

Whatcha got?

This entire debate/debacle is being politicized, but I have not forgotten my white, conservative, Southern friends who may not have enough money or might have a preexisting condition which would prohibit them from acquiring health insurance at any price.

Where are you?

Guest Levana Layendecker

On Saturday, the opposition is coming to DC.

Glenn Beck and so-called teabaggers - the opposition that's been yelling at town halls across the country - are marching on Washington, DC on Saturday, September 12th.

They may be loud, but they do not represent America. They're coming to our hometown, and we need to be there to make sure everyone knows this is not the America we believe in.

So come out on Saturday for a Vigil for the Common Good, a solemn protest against the shouting and violence that they're injecting into our country's discourse.

Where: West front of the U.S. Capitol Lawn

When: Saturday, September 12th, 12:45 pm

"You lie!" Republican Joe Wilson of South Carolina, shouted from his seat, jabbing a finger in the air.

It was "totally disrespectful," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said on CNN of Wilson, a conservative who has opposed Obama's economic remedies. "There is no place for it in that setting, or any other, and he should apologize for it immediately."

In a statement later, Wilson said he regretted the incident, saying he let his emotions get the better of him. He extended "sincere apologies" to the president for what he called "this lack of civility."

Last night Joe Wilson etched his political legacy into the wall of American history. He will forever be the poster child that symbolizes the new Republican Party.

Guest Jon Vogel

Republicans disrespecting President Obama and refusing to engage in meaningful debate is nothing new. They've been doing it all summer long. But disrespecting the President before the eyes of the nation and just at the moment when President Obama was offering his solution to the greatest challenge of our time is truly an outrage.

I would like to hear from people who do not have health insurance at all (preexisting condition perhaps?)who are against this idea.

Whatcha got?

This entire debate/debacle is being politicized, but I have not forgotten my white, conservative, Southern friends who may not have enough money or might have a preexisting condition which would prohibit them from acquiring health insurance at any price.

Where are you?

Still waiting. Anyone??

Guest Williard

President Obama's speech was not a Town Hall meeting. President Obama's speech was to Congress. The reason our country is failing is because of hillbilly style outbursts such as the kind Joe Wilson displayed. There's a time and a place for everything. That was neither. That was the epitome of the dumbing down of this country. The folks that endorse that kind of behavior are the reason this country is failing and the reason nothing constructive is done in Congress. It's about working together and not behaving like a village idiot.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.