Washington DC Message Boards

Illegal" Aliens to Receive Social Security Benefits

Raven

I just received an e-mail from someone and they were stating that the Senate passed a bill to allow "illegal" aliens to receive Social Security benefits? I do not know how true this is, but if anyone has any information pertaining to this it would be nice to hear the actual facts to it.

Guest human_*

It depends on how this administration defines a social security number to be.

Just like when this administration said that it would be sending out tax rebates to all those with tax i.d. numbers "It really all depends on which definition of numbers they ARE actually referring too.

But to fix the housing problem its real simple; Immigration Reform. Allow ALL of those here who are undocumented to stay legally. Most of the housing problem is in areas heavy with a large portion of Undocumented Immigrants.

As mush as I dis-like human trafficking, and all the crimes associated with it, It IS a necessary evil "The numbers, and the economy prove that hands down".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just received an e-mail from someone and they were stating that the Senate passed a bill to allow "illegal" aliens to receive Social Security benefits? I do not know how true this is, but if anyone has any information pertaining to this it would be nice to hear the actual facts to it.

Guest Kerry

f the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

Guest human_*

But Undocumented Workers do contribute to S.S. through the S.S. numbers that belongs to some one else.

Plus with the retiring Baby Boomers and a stagnant population growth "The bottom line is that we need them".

Any how This republican IS pissed off at the general publics’ complacency when it comes to corruption. My pay back to the general public is this "FIX IT, cause people like me who honestly tries to fix it are shunned, ignored, treated like garbage, and fired". Enough really is Enough.

Hey! straight up; I'm now using the whistle blower act to profit myself, and not the rest of you all.

Even though in the way the whistle blower act works is that the person blowing the whistle gets a THIRD of all the money recovered.

Since folks want to act like sheep, THAT'S EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WILL BE TREATED. If you don't believe me? Ask the Democrats. :)

Y es la Verdad , y te lo puedes comer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

Guest Anthony

Did your message read like this?

SOCIAL SECURITY CHANGES

It does not matter if you personally like or dislike Obama. You need to sign this petition and flood his e-mail box with e-mails that tell him that, even if the House passes this bill, he needs to veto it. It is already impossible to live on Social Security alone. If the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

As stated below, the Senate voted this week to allow 'illegal' aliens access to Social Security benefits.

Attached is an opportunity to sign a petition that requires citizenship for eligibility to that social service.

Instructions are below. If you don't forward the petition and just stop it, we will lose all these names.

If you do not want to sign it, please just forward it to everyone you know.

Thank you!

To add your name, click on 'forward'.. Address it to all of your email correspondents, add your name to the list and send it on.

When the petition hits 1,000, send it to comment@whitehouse.gov

PETITION for President Obama:

Dear Mr. President:

We, the undersigned, protest the bill that the Senate voted on recently which would allow illegal aliens to access our Social Security. We demand that you and all Congressional representatives require citizenship as a pre-requisite for social services in the United States.

A long list of names...

This item is a textbook example of the worst aspects of Internet petitions: It treats a non-existent issue, and suggests dealing with it in a largely ineffective manner.

This petition is an updating of one which first began circulating in mid-2006 ("President Obama" substituted for "President Bush"), and thus the referenced Senate action took place not "last week" but back in May 2006. Moreover, the Senate did not vote in May 2006 to "grant Social Security benefits to illegal aliens" back then the Senate tabled a prospective amendment that would have prohibited former illegals who had since gained legal status from being given credit for payments they had previously made into the Social Security system.

Guest LAW_*

The Border Protection, Anti-terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (H.R. 4437) was opposed by a variety of migrant, social justice, humanitarian, and religious organizations, and other groups. Among the criticisms raised by opposition groups are that the proposed legislation might negatively affect over 11 million illegal immigrants and those associated with them, that it includes measures which create substantial barriers to community policing, and that it represents the most draconian anti-immigration bill in nearly a century.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act (CIRA, S. 2611) was a United States Senate bill introduced in the 109th congress (2005-2006) by Sen. Arlen Specter [PA] on April 7, 2006. Co-sponsors, who signed on the same day, were Sen. Hagel [NE], Sen. Martinez [FL], Sen. McCain [AZ], Sen. Kennedy [MA], Sen. Graham [sC], and Sen. Brownback [KS].

This bill would have allowed illegal immigrants who have been in the country for more than five years, estimated to be 7 million in number, to apply for citizenship by paying fines and back taxes. Illegal immigrants who have been in the country for 2 to 5 years, numbering around 3 million, would be allowed to stay in the country without fear of deportation, but after 3 years would have to leave the U.S. and could apply for citizenship at border check points. Those in the country for under 2 years would be required to return to their original nations. Thus, with some waiting, 10 million illegal immigrants could be eligible to become citizens. The fine is around $2000, but some sources say it might be higher.

The bill passed through the Senate, but failed to pass the conference committee of the legislature appointed by both chambers of the United States Congress to resolve disagreements H.R.4437 and S.2611

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:H.R.4437:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:S2611:

Yes, that is very similar to the one I received. I do not blame the immigrates for the state of our economy, but the greed of men.

Did your message read like this?

This item is a textbook example of the worst aspects of Internet petitions: It treats a non-existent issue, and suggests dealing with it in a largely ineffective manner.

This petition is an updating of one which first began circulating in mid-2006 ("President Obama" substituted for "President Bush"), and thus the referenced Senate action took place not "last week" but back in May 2006. Moreover, the Senate did not vote in May 2006 to "grant Social Security benefits to illegal aliens" back then the Senate tabled a prospective amendment that would have prohibited former illegals who had since gained legal status from being given credit for payments they had previously made into the Social Security system.

Guest Fed Up
It's Undocumented Workers "Law".

By the way; I'm still Keeping my promise to the democrats. ]:)

One who holds falsified immigration documents and has gained illegal entry into the United States should be sentenced to a minimum two years hard labor at a federal work camp before being released back to his/her country.

I eat chicken

Guest Human_*

It's simply not going to happen Fed_up.

The democrats are only going after the Half a Million Criminal Illegal Aliens, and the rest are here to stay.

In the world of politics, not everything is as it seems.

I used barack obama to destroy one of my political foes because I knew I could, and that's what scares me about barack obama the most "He really can be manipulated".

LOL, Why do you think that, that man uses tele-prompters soooo Much?

My introduction to the internet was a printer, a modem, and a calculator "Just to show you just how really old I am lol".

I'm going give you from an old netters point of you some things that I learned on how people process information.

You see! being online sooo long, and since I am part of the old net, I was there when they put the HARVARD database together. It's in the structure on how they put there database together, and how that translated into the teachers teaching there courses "It's really interesting stuff".

Just Like I was also there when John Hopkins constructed there pediatric database together. Their core database is between 4,300 to 4,800 links, and the structure on how they processed their information, and by the medical language that even I can't understand.

The political stuff with harvard was interesting though, basically it's based on Ambassadors from other countries, and their views on how the political structure of the World is based on "A rather simplistic point of view I must say, and not very in-depth from the REAL politics being played, and to harvard this is the reason why? EVEN so called Experts NEED the Real Experts Who really do play "for a lack of a better term" in the field, and who are known but don't subscribe to the academic field".

Here is the fun part; it also gives you by understanding the structure of their database a view on how barack obama processes information "A view into his mind if you will, and how he delegates the different cabinet positions".

What a pity that this is an open line; I would really love to have some serious discussions in here about the white house, among a few other topics to really get the intellectual juices flowing sorta speak. Also the internet as a whole. As well as the 9/11 commission report "Though I call that report? The 9/11 Bull _______ report. In the sense that it was not an investigative report "To the Democrats; You really did get off easy"...............................................................

[by the way; Jimmy Carter can have Syria to his hearts content, though I do kinda "almost kinda" feel sorry for the Syrians. <~ This one is more related to Barack Obama thinking about opening diplomatic relations with Syria even though hillary was the one who brought it up.]

One who holds falsified immigration documents and has gained illegal entry into the United States should be sentenced to a minimum two years hard labor at a federal work camp before being released back to his/her country.

I eat chicken

Guest Human_*

Don't worry, I'm educating my group Latinos/Hispanics to TAKE your jobs away from you, and the democrats are helping me.

AND I SURE AINT PLAYING AROUND................................... Hey!!! Every one wants a better life.

Kiss, Kiss, Love, Love.............................

I think this economy is going to force Americans to take jobs that illegals are doing.

Don't worry, I'm educating my group Latinos/Hispanics to TAKE your jobs away from you, and the democrats are helping me.

AND I SURE AINT PLAYING AROUND................................... Hey!!! Every one wants a better life.

Kiss, Kiss, Love, Love.............................

Everyone in a way would rather be around with their own ethnicity, but maybe that time should change.

EVERYONE deserves a decent paying job no matter what. It has come down to the ones in power are getting more and those of us who do all the work are getting father and father behind, so it is not just one group that deserves more then the others...... Until there is no more greed sorry but that is what it is.

Guest LAW_*

I think the word is out that there is no labor work in the U.S. at the moment. So there is time to rationally come up with a solution to the problem.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/02/24/Bad...42521235490860/

Bad economy slows illegal immigration

WASHINGTON, Feb. 24 (UPI) -- The tough economy has resulted in fewer illegal immigrants making their way into the United States looking for work, Homeland Security officials say.

Department of Homeland Security officials said that for the first time in at least four years, the number of illegal immigrants in the United States fell, USA Today reported Tuesday. Official figures indicated that 11.6 million illegal immigrants were residing in the country, down from 11.8 million a year ago.

There were 4 million illegals in the United States in 1990, federal agencies and researchers say.

Homeland Security spokesman Mike Keegan told USA Today that soaring unemployment has discouraged some people trying to sneak across the border, adding that the department is also doing a better job at stopping people from entering illegally and in apprehending the immigrants once they're inside the country.

The recent growth in illegal immigration has been largely driven by Mexicans, who account for 61 percent of all illegal U.S. residents, the Homeland Security report indicates.

I think the word is out that there is no labor work in the U.S. at the moment. So there is time to rationally come up with a solution to the problem.

How can there be a labor force here when most of the manufacturing jobs has been outsourced? Most of our jobs here are paper pushing jobs.

Half of the autos built here are of parts imported, quite of few Americans will buy auto manufactured over seas then to buy an American auto. In my opinion why is they get more for their money, and at a lot less price then an American auto. There were a couple of auto manufacturing plants by where I live, and if you looked in their parking lot about half were foreign made. So what does that tell you about American made auto?

Guest Theodore J. Murphy

New Immigration Tool Helps Foreign Nationals Get Answers About Their Immigration Issues

Immigrare analysis allows people to explore their immigration situation and print a report

WEST CHESTER, Pa., March 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Many people turn to the web to get quick answers to questions about concerns in their daily lives. Up to now, however, there has not been a way for an individual or an attorney to obtain tailored, realistic answers on immigration matters pertaining to an individual.

The Immigrare web-based analysis tool allows users of the service to enter data based on a specific individual's personal history, and then generate a report to print on their computer. The Immigrare case report:

* Outlines the immigration consequences to an individual for such situations as overstaying visas or having a record of criminal conduct or convictions;

* Determines an individual's ability to work or to change their immigration status;

* Identifies potential forms of relief for aliens who wish to remain in the U.S.;

* Includes a comprehensive analysis of U.S. immigration laws, as well as federal and state criminal codes.

"We have constructed our product as a thorough yet uncomplicated analytical tool," says Theodore J. Murphy, project director. "While it is not meant to take the place of legal advice from an attorney, it enables the user to review the particular facts and circumstances of an actual individual case. At only $19.95 per session, it provides the only quick and affordable on-line way to analyze individual cases for potential problems encountered when entering or staying in the U.S."

The Immigrare analytical tool can be used by individuals concerned with their immigration status, or by a judge or an attorney wanting to review the options available to a client. A border agent could use it to confirm a person's eligibility to enter the U.S. Built into the web tool is a model of current American immigration laws, immigration regulations, and criminal statutes that affect immigration as well as visits to the U.S.

Anyone can access the Immigrare web tool over the Internet, pay the per-session fee with their credit card, and quickly get answers to their immigration questions. Easy to use, the tool interviews the user by conducting a question-and-answer session with yes, no, or no-answer options. The answers provided during this session are drawn on to build a scenario for the individual case in question. And, lastly, it issues the user a detailed report that can be saved on their computer and printed as desired.

The web tool does not ask for a person's identity, and does not assume that the user is the person in question. As soon as the Immigrare web tool issues its report, or whenever the user properly escapes the interview, all answers are erased automatically and permanently.

Further information on the Immigrare web tool is available at the firm's web site

http://www.immigrare.com

Guest Human_*

I don't watch You Tube.

Any ways the Drug Issue on the Border is a FALSE issue, and I Will Explain Why.

Barack Obama is leaving it up to the States to craft their own drug policy laws, and at the same time

the democrats "Under the Leadership of President Barack Obama" are saying that they WILL crack down on the Border Over the Drug Violence.

What they are REALLY saying IS that They "The Democrats" WANT TO crack down on illegal immigration but are using the Drug Issue as pretence for what they are really after.

To the Democrats; This Latino "Human" is NO Fool. I aint perfect, but I sure as Heck don't have my eyes' closed.

Now if you "The Democrats" want to get into "On this message board" REAL security Issues? Then lets go at it.

This is a video that a friend sent to me. Not to happy about the contents of it.

View the video at YouTube.

OK, I will take the bait and ask what are the REAL SECURITY ISSUES?

I just find it unfair for the American people to give everything away to immigrants, while the people born and raised here can not get anything from the Government exept higher taxes, and a lot of grief. There are thousand of Americans who have lost their homes, jobs and etc. because of the way the economy is now, but I feel mostly because of the banks, mortgage lenders,oil companies shoving it to us by doing unscrupulous practices, and mostly being GREEDY.

As far as drugs, What would happen if they legalized Marijauna here? I am not for it personally, but I know that it could help a lot of people with medical problems.

OH by the way all people are not Democrats, still think Hilary would of been one heck of a President. :)

I don't watch You Tube.

Any ways the Drug Issue on the Border is a FALSE issue, and I Will Explain Why.

Barack Obama is leaving it up to the States to craft their own drug policy laws, and at the same time

the democrats "Under the Leadership of President Barack Obama" are saying that they WILL crack down on the Border Over the Drug Violence.

What they are REALLY saying IS that They "The Democrats" WANT TO crack down on illegal immigration but are using the Drug Issue as pretence for what they are really after.

To the Democrats; This Latino "Human" is NO Fool. I aint perfect, but I sure as Heck don't have my eyes' closed.

Now if you "The Democrats" want to get into "On this message board" REAL security Issues? Then lets go at it.

Guest Human_*

A nuclear Latin America for one. Your side "Democrats” made that case for nuclear programs.

It's no longer a question of if, but when we will get hit by a dirty bomb. Everyone is using the same arguements that the democrats used when it came to Iran "For peacefull nuclear energy".

As well as the redistribution philosophy has taken hold in Latin America where right now it's being done by force of arms "The class warfare argument, but it being taken Literally".

Just the other day a local indigenous tribe in Peru released an oil rig demanding that the oil companies’ profits be redistributed for social programs, which in the long term will destabilize the region even further, and drive oil prices back up again.

Then there is of course hugo chavez, and the oil money he is using to build up militarily, and he has threatened several of his neighbors with invasion over economic resources "That's in part why the 4th fleet was re-activated".

[How ever I will agree with you Raven that the war on drugs is lost. It's hypocritical to tell our children that drugs are bad for you when we see on an almost daily basis an advertisement for pharmaceuticals on TV. <~~ It's so distressing to see this level of stupidity "It honestly is".]

OK, I will take the bait and ask what are the REAL SECURITY ISSUES?

I just find it unfair for the American people to give everything away to immigrants, while the people born and raised here can not get anything from the Government exept higher taxes, and a lot of grief. There are thousand of Americans who have lost their homes, jobs and etc. because of the way the economy is now, but I feel mostly because of the banks, mortgage lenders,oil companies shoving it to us by doing unscrupulous practices, and mostly being GREEDY.

As far as drugs, What would happen if they legalized Marijauna here? I am not for it personally, but I know that it could help a lot of people with medical problems.

OH by the way all people are not Democrats, still think Hilary would of been one heck of a President. :)

A nuclear Latin America for one. Your side "Democrats” made that case for nuclear programs.

It's no longer a question of if, but when we will get hit by a dirty bomb. Everyone is using the same arguements that the democrats used when it came to Iran "For peacefull nuclear energy".

As well as the redistribution philosophy has taken hold in Latin America where right now it's being done by force of arms "The class warfare argument, but it being taken Literally".

Just the other day a local indigenous tribe in Peru released an oil rig demanding that the oil companies’ profits be redistributed for social programs, which in the long term will destabilize the region even further, and drive oil prices back up again.

Then there is of course hugo chavez, and the oil money he is using to build up militarily, and he has threatened several of his neighbors with invasion over economic resources "That's in part why the 4th fleet was re-activated".

[How ever I will agree with you Raven that the war on drugs is lost. It's hypocritical to tell our children that drugs are bad for you when we see on an almost daily basis an advertisement for pharmaceuticals on TV. <~~ It's so distressing to see this level of stupidity "It honestly is".]

I will agree that the biggest drug dealers here are the pharmaceutical companies, and most people believe that they should be taking all the drugs because their doctors say that they should. Drugs are sent to the market way before all the testing is done, I know I have a couple of friends effected by them, heart attacks, diabetes, just to name a couple.

As far as being a Democratic or Republican I am neither, I want hopefully an honest, resourceful, public minded individual to run our Country.

Being hit by a dirty bomb is a concern of mine as well, but I will not stop living my life because of it.

Guest Steven Camarota

The Senate Stimulus bill currently being considered contains about $104 billion in new government funding for construction projects with the goal of creating jobs for millions of unemployed Americans. Unlike the House version, there is no provision in the bill to bar illegal immigrants from getting these taxpayer-funded jobs. This could result in several hundred thousand illegal immigrants receiving jobs.

The current version of the Senate Stimulus bill (The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) contains $104 billion in construction spending, including highways, schools, and public housing.

Government estimates suggest this spending should create about 2 million new construction jobs.

Consistent with other research, the Center Immigration Studies has previously estimated that 15 percent of construction workers are illegal immigrants.

This means that about 300,000 of the construction jobs created by the Senate stimulus could go to illegal aliens (15 percent of 2 million).

Discussion: The $104 billion figure for new construction is based on the current version of the Senate Stimulus bill. Government estimates indicate that each $1 billion spent on construction should create roughly 19,600 construction jobs, each lasting a year.1 Thus $104 billion for construction projects should create construction-related jobs for about 2.04 million workers over several years. The Center for Immigration Studies has estimated that about one out of seven (or 15 percent) of workers employed in construction in the United States are illegal immigrants.2 Thus, if no effort is made to bar illegal immigrants from these jobs, it is extremely likely that about 300,000 will go to illegal immigrants. The House of Representatives version of the stimulus package has a provision requiring contractors to use the E-Verify system, which enables employers to quickly determine if new hires are authorized to work in the United States. At present, the Senate has no such provision.

1 The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) estimates indicate that each $1 billion in construction spending directly creates 19,584 construction related jobs. This number comes from Employment Impacts of Highway Infrastructure Investment, April 2008, FHWA. This figure does not include jobs indirectly created by construction spending.

2 Steven A. Camarota, “Dropping Out: Immigrant Entry and Native Exit From the Labor Market, 2000-2005,” Center for Immigration Studies Backgrounder, March 2006, p. 19. A 2006 Pew Hispanic Center study, “The Size and Characteristics of the Unauthorized Migrant Population in the U.S.,” estimated that 14 percent of construction workers were illegal immigrants; see page 3 of that report. Both the CIS and Pew studies were based on the March 2005 Current Population Survey (CPS). The March 2007 CPS shows that the illegal share of construction workers may have grown to 18 percent, but we use 15 percent in the above discussion to be conservative.

Guest Carlos Sanchez

Under the current law, undocumented immigrants do not get [health] services."

In fact, to deter undocumented immigrants from trying to get medical care for their illegal children, the new law requires SCHIP to comply with citizenship documentation through the Social Security Administration, just like Medicaid.

"We didn't change that part of the law," Sanchez said about not including coverage for illegal children under the new law. "We just expanded."

The expansion Sanchez speaks of is one of the three main provisions to the original SCHIP law, whose ten-year authorization expired in September 2007, and has since been on life-support after being vetoed twice by George Bush during his last term in office.

The new legislation, signed into law by President Obama February 4, will add 4.1 million uninsured children to the 7 million already covered under SCHIP. It also allows states to choose whether or not they want to treat legal immigrant children and pregnant women who have been in the U.S. less than five years.

"The current five-year wait period can mean the difference between preventing or treating health conditions that can affect a child's prospects for a healthy and productive life - or leaving those conditions undetected and not prevented, costing taxpayers much more in the long run," House speaker Nancy Pelosi's website reads. "Similarly, a pregnant woman cannot wait five years for pre-natal care that will help her have a healthy baby."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.