Washington DC Message Boards

Soul Providers reunite in Washington, DC August 19th 2006

Guest MoMo

Soul Providers reunite for one night in Washington, DC August 19th 2006

contact Samone Nate

momoagent@yahoo.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Chicago, Ill – Club Five will host the first DJ set by the gold selling production duo since their last set together January 2003 at Five.

Jason and Ian formed as the Soul Providers in 1997 at Club Midnight in Baltimore, MD as a DJ and club promotion team. After quickly becoming Baltimore and DC club favorites they tried their hand at music production. In 1999 their first vocal release “Rise” release on Look At You Records sored to gold status, a great achievement for dance music and new songwriters/producers. One year later they created Elan Records, releasing top notch productions and remixes raising their profile even more. The next year the team churned out two more gold recordings, “Set Me Free” and Try My Love” and a catalog of dance classics still being played in clubs every weekend.

After proving themselves as an A list team, they were granted two DJ residencies, weekly at Andalu in Washington DC and monthly with Players Inc in Amsterdam. Amsterdam became their home away from home Djing monthly along side the likes of Erick Morillo, Tiesto, DJ Jani and others. In October 2003 Soul Providers launched another DJ world to support the release the “Work That Body” DVD/CD. At the end of the tour January 2004 they played their last club together and ended productions and remixes as Soul Providers. Still good friends in good standings Jason decided to start his own company and turned Elan Records over to Ian.

Now, Jason has moved on to run other companies and is the founder of CEO of The Kandun Group, a marketing and advertising firm. Still producing, he has been climbing the hip hop producer/songwriter ladder and building his production team. “I will always be a Soul Provider,I got Ian's back when ever he needs me, I'm confident I can get the same from him, we talk all the time.” says Jason. Ian continues to DJ world wide and started a new record label “GFAB”

Soul Providers will reunite August 19th in Washington DC at Club Five, the same club they last DJed together. A host of area dance music VIPs are expected to be in attendance for the special night. “We are going to do it like we used to do, we only have till 5am to get it all in”

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.