Washington DC Message Boards

WARD 3 CANDIDATES IN TROUBLE?

Rumor was spreading around today that three of the ward 3 candidates have spent all their money and are now looking for more contributors.

Those candidates are suppose to be Sam Brooks who has not been seen on the campaign trail in over a month, Robert Gordon the same and Cathy Wiss.

DCist reports today that Robert Gordon will hold a fund raiser in the hopes of replenishing his war chest.

Read http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/04/18/t..._m.php#comments

Also rumor has it that Erik Gaull and Bill Rice will be coughing up half their war chests for their up-coming kick-offs.

DCist mentioned Rees as a dark horse but yet Rees from what I can see is seen more on the streets of our ward than all other candidates combined.

Did the others blow their wad too fast on fancy kick-offs, fancy campaign literature, internet ads and more?

ANY COMMENTS PEOPLE?

Comment? of course.

Most candidates, cognizent of ACTUAL research (not wildly improvised statistics), are aware that voters pay more attention as the election rolls around, not six months (or, dear god, over

a YEAR) before. They're conserving their resources, not frittering them away on foolishness.

They're also aware that voters care about character as well as issues, about intellect, skill and ethics far more than the number of reams of paper being flung around.

And if vague handbillsand poorly constructed websites could win elections, every crackpot candidate with a computer (and there are many of them all over the country) would win their elections. And they don't.

Rumor was spreading around today that three of the ward 3 candidates have spent all their money and are now looking for more contributors.

Those candidates are suppose to be Sam Brooks who has not been seen on the campaign trail in over a month, Robert Gordon the same and Cathy Wiss.

DCist reports today that Robert Gordon will hold a fund raiser in the hopes of replenishing his war chest.

Also rumor has it that Erik Gaull and Bill Rice will be coughing up half their war chests for their up-coming kick-offs.

DCist mentioned Rees as a dark horse but yet Rees from what I can see is seen more on the streets of our ward than all other candidates combined.

Did the others blow their wad too fast on fancy kick-offs, fancy campaign literature, internet ads and more?

ANY COMMENTS PEOPLE?

What a great point! That's really the best way to think of Rees: Just a "crackpot candidate with a computer."

Comment? of course.

Most candidates, cognizent of ACTUAL research (not wildly improvised statistics), are aware that voters pay more attention as the election rolls around, not six months (or, dear god, over

a YEAR) before. They're conserving their resources, not frittering them away on foolishness.

They're also aware that voters care about character as well as issues, about intellect, skill and ethics far more than the number of reams of paper being flung around.

And if vague handbills and poorly constructed websites could win elections, every crackpot candidate with a computer (and there are many of them all of the country) would win their elections. And they don't.

I'm so sick of you and your rumors. People who traffic in rumor generally do so because the facts

don't favor them.

Rumor-mongering is the pasttime of giggling prepubescents, not serious-minded public servants.

ANY COMMENTS PEOPLE?

Then why would a candidate who already had I think the third most amount of money need to hold another fundraiser?

I\'m so sick of you and your rumors. People who traffic in rumor generally do so because the facts

don\'t favor them.

Rumor-mongering is the pasttime of giggling prepubescents, not serious-minded public servants.

Then why would a candidate who already had I think the third most amount of money need to hold another fundraiser?

What's your fascination with how much money the candidates have vs. don't have vs. the money you have vs. the money you don't have vs. how much money you save by using "puerto ricans" to spread your trash all over the city?

WHO CARES?! Here's what we (voters) care about Rees (you might want to take some notes):

1. Sanity

2. Somewhat intelligent

3. Has good ideas

In that ORDER Rees... you need to work on #1.

Maybe the candidates should be concerned with the sanity of Aglue who thinks all posters are Mr Rees which they are not.

Mr Rees has everywhere pointed out his people are volunteers which means he has loyalist unlike other candidates who have no loyalists and have to pay them money.

Mr Rees so far has the better campaign because none of his rivals with their so called big $$$$ has been seen anywhere other than maybe one or two yard signs every half mile.

Get real people you are obviously so jealous of Rees it stiunks that you cannot look at all the candidates with an open mind. I can as I take the time to see what each has to offer and have yet to conclude who would be best.

What's your fascination with how much money the candidates have vs. don't have vs. the money you have vs. the money you don't have vs. how much money you save by using "puerto ricans" to spread your trash all over the city?

WHO CARES?! Here's what we (voters) care about Rees (you might want to take some notes):

1. Sanity

2. Somewhat intelligent

3. Has good ideas

In that ORDER Rees... you need to work on #1.

Maybe the candidates should be concerned with the sanity of Aglue who thinks all posters are Mr Rees which they are not.

Mr Rees has everywhere pointed out his people are volunteers which means he has loyalist unlike other candidates who have no loyalists and have to pay them money.

Mr Rees so far has the better campaign because none of his rivals with their so called big $$$$ has been seen anywhere other than maybe one or two yard signs every half mile.

Get real people you are obviously so jealous of Rees it stiunks that you cannot look at all the candidates with an open mind. I can as I take the time to see what each has to offer and have yet to conclude who would be best.

IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT TWO OF THE CANDIDATES HAVE A LENGHTY HISTORY OF BEING TREATED FOR PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS!

• 3 weeks later...

Not so dude. Most of the candidate have yard sign and handbills floating around.

Thank you Truthseeker but this whole political thing is a big lie and that why so many people are turned off by elections, the candidates and the promises that will probably never be kept.

Wow. Golly. We must've been wrong about "Scooper."

//sarcasm.

None of the candidates are in trouble.

Each are doing their thing.

It will be a nifty and interesting conclusion.

Thank you Truthseeker but this whole political thing is a big lie and that why so many people are turned off by elections, the candidates and the promises that will probably never be kept.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.