Washington DC Message Boards

Two questions for Rees

Would both those questions be a part of the public record anybody could obtain?

Has Jonathan Rees ever served on a jury in the District of Columbia?

How many local elections has Rees not voted in? (That information would be in the public record.)

I just hope to get some honest answers from Rees about his background -- anything, really.

Has Rees skipped voting in any District of Columbia elections? That shows ties to the community and concern for the community.

Has Rees served on jury duty? Serving is every citizen's obligation. (Former felons usually can't serve, though, so not ever having been on a jury can be revealing.)

Where did Rees go to school? Let's resolve the contradictions once and for all.

Who is on Rees' campaign staff? The names keep shifting and nobody can seem to pin down whether or not any of these people named on his website actually exist.

Where have all the early and even recent supporters of Rees' campaign gone? Names like Alex Biddy, Kathleen Roddy, Thelma Cumes, Harry Firestone, Ramon Rivera, Nicole Dixon, and others.

What's Rees' job? He's been vague and contradictory on that.

Let's just get some honest, direct answers.

These are some good questions.

I only know the guy in seeing him in the stores but know nothing about any of those issues you bring up.

I suspect that his campaign staff is made up mainly of family members just by the names that pop up.

Has anybody called the board of elections, the jury office at the court house or other agencies that have open informnation?

I just hope to get some honest answers from Rees about his background -- anything, really.

Has Rees skipped voting in any District of Columbia elections? That shows ties to the community and concern for the community.

Has Rees served on jury duty? Serving is every citizen\'s obligation. (Former felons usually can\'t serve, though, so not ever having been on a jury can be revealing.)

Where did Rees go to school? Let\'s resolve the contradictions once and for all.

Who is on Rees\' campaign staff? The names keep shifting and nobody can seem to pin down whether or not any of these people named on his website actually exist.

Where have all the early and even recent supporters of Rees\' campaign gone? Names like Alex Biddy, Kathleen Roddy, Thelma Cumes, Harry Firestone, Ramon Rivera, Nicole Dixon, and others.

What\'s Rees\' job? He\'s been vague and contradictory on that.

Let\'s just get some honest, direct answers.

Yes.

Has anybody called the board of elections, the jury office at the court house or other agencies that have open informnation?

Has Rees served on jury duty? Serving is every citizen's obligation. (Former felons usually can't serve, though, so not ever having been on a jury can be revealing.)

I called the the DC Board of Elections & Ethics and asked if they can confirm if a local ward 3 candidate Jonathan Rees is an active voter and if he has voted of recent. The woman I spoke to said that Rees has been a registered ward 3 voter since 1989, has voted in each primary and election since 1989 and prior to that, he was a registered voter in ward 1.

I also asked about the other five candidate and all of them have been active voters in our ward for more than ten year except Sam Brooks who did not vote in any matter from 1999-2003.

I called to the Superior Court and spoke to a woman in the jury office but she said information as to who has been called up or served was not available to the public.

Yes.

Edited by Gay Republican

Sam Brooks is the only ward 3 candidate who has no ties to ward 3, is still a registered voter of ward 2 and has never asked for a change in his voter status to reflect a tie to ward 3.

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 000031918

Date Registered 5/18/1998

Personal Information

Full Name SAMUEL A BROOKS

Party Affiliation DEMOCRATIC

Address Information

Street Number, Street Name, Quadrant 3032 CAMBRIDGE PL, NW

City, State, Zip WASHINGTON, DC 20007

I called the the DC Board of Elections & Ethics and asked if they can confirm if a local ward 3 candidate Jonathan Rees is an active voter and if he has voted of recent. The woman I spoke to said that Rees has been a registered ward 3 voter since 1989, has voted in each primary and election since 1989 and prior to that, he was a registered voter in ward 1.

I also asked about the other five candidate and all of them have been active voters in our ward for more than ten year except Sam Brooks who did not vote in any matter from 1999-2003.

I called to the Superior Court and spoke to a woman in the jury office but she said information as to who has been called up or served was not available to the public.

That seems to directly contradict statements made by Candidate Rees about Frank Smith, Jim Graham and voting in Ward 1.

B. Frank

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 000009987

Date Registered 9/19/1989

Personal Information

Full Name JONATHAN R REES

Address Information

Street Number, Street Name, Quadrant 2714 WISCONSIN AVE, NW

Apt. # 409

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 050001478

Date Registered 11/29/2004

Personal Information

Full Name MINDY L REES

Sam Brooks is the only ward 3 candidate who has no ties to ward 3, is still a registered voter of ward 2 and has never asked for a change in his voter status to reflect a tie to ward 3.

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 000031918

Date Registered 5/18/1998

Personal Information

Full Name SAMUEL A BROOKS

Address Information

Street Number, Street Name, Quadrant 3032 CAMBRIDGE PL, NW

CHECK THIS OUT PEOPLE

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 000026777

Date Registered 7/23/1997

Personal Information

Full Name RAMON R STEWART-RIVERA de PRIMO

Address Information

Street Number, Street Name, Quadrant 2720 WISCONSIN AVE, NW

Apt. # 209

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Personal Information

Address Information

Apt. # 409

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Personal Information

Full Name MINDY L REES

Just because he registered initially in 1989 doesn't mean that he has been registered in Ward three SINCE 1989. The DC BoEE records do not show such information.

By the way, how are you able to register all of this information since the exact birthdates are required?

Amazing for someone who has never met Candidate Rees, his "wife" or his gay bashing cohort Ramon "de Primo" Stewart Rivera!

B. Frank

By the way, the below on Jonathan Rees was forged, or is not what DCBoEE has in its records. I suspect the same is true of the others.

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Personal Information

Address Information

Apt. # 409

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Personal Information

Full Name MINDY L REES

CHECK THIS OUT PEOPLE

Registration Status

Registered Voter YES

Voter ID Number 000026777

Date Registered 7/23/1997

Personal Information

Full Name RAMON R STEWART-RIVERA de PRIMO

Address Information

Street Number, Street Name, Quadrant 2720 WISCONSIN AVE, NW

Apt. # 209

Call down to the BOEE and they will fax it all to you!

Just because he registered initially in 1989 doesn\'t mean that he has been registered in Ward three SINCE 1989. The DC BoEE records do not show such information.

By the way, how are you able to register all of this information since the exact birthdates are required?

Amazing for someone who has never met Candidate Rees, his \"wife\" or his gay bashing cohort Ramon \"de Primo\" Stewart Rivera!

B. Frank

By the way, the below on Jonathan Rees was forged, or is not what DCBoEE has in its records. I suspect the same is true of the others.

I got what I got. Do you have something different?

Just because he registered initially in 1989 doesn\'t mean that he has been registered in Ward three SINCE 1989. The DC BoEE records do not show such information.

Amazing for someone who has never met Candidate Rees, his \"wife\" or his gay bashing cohort Ramon \"de Primo\" Stewart Rivera!

B. Frank

I was told that for a lousy $10 you can go down to the BOEE and get on a disk the complete history of any voter in your ward on a MS Access file.

Quite different, yes.

B. Frank

I was told that for a lousy $10 you can go down to the BOEE and get on a disk the complete history of any voter in your ward on a MS Access file.

When I called that BOEE they told me if I came down that this information was open to the public at their computer terminals. I said that I am retired and have severe arthritis and that is when a clerk said he would fax it to me. I only copied down what I saw.

So how does that differ from what you might have?

Quite different, yes.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.