Washington DC Message Boards

Deleted post about Rees, Patterson and cats

This message was posted by "Gay Republican" this morning, and then abruptly deleted. A bunch of people did spot the message before it was deleted, so I thought I'd repost the original, deleted message for the record. (I can see why "Gay Republican" decided that this message should be pulled -- it's exceedingly weird. What group of 25 cat-loving, Albemarle-area housewives is there? Are all these women out walking their cats together? Or do they bring their cats for a get-together at Starbucks?)

----------------------------

QUOTE(Gay Republican @ Mar 21 2006, 07:26 AM) *

I ran into a small group of women (25) who said they did not know that Kathy Patterson was not running again but knew Rees was and thought that Rees was her only challenger. These women live off Albemarle and make up housewives who have a love for cats.

This says to me that not everybody is paying real attention that they thought Kathy’s new campaign was to seek re-election.

I blame this on the media for not giving the ward races enough attention as these were very educated women.

This message was posted by "Gay Republican" this morning, and then abruptly deleted. A bunch of people did spot the message before it was deleted, so I thought I'd repost the original, deleted message for the record. (I can see why "Gay Republican" decided that this message should be pulled -- it's exceedingly weird. What group of 25 cat-loving, Albemarle-area housewives is there? Are all these women out walking their cats together? Or do they bring their cats for a get-together at Starbucks?)

----------------------------

QUOTE(Gay Republican @ Mar 21 2006, 07:26 AM) *

I ran into a small group of women (25) who said they did not know that Kathy Patterson was not running again but knew Rees was and thought that Rees was her only challenger. These women live off Albemarle and make up housewives who have a love for cats.

This says to me that not everybody is paying real attention that they thought Kathy’s new campaign was to seek re-election.

I blame this on the media for not giving the ward races enough attention as these were very educated women.

Thanks, Factchecker. I've got screenshots of a couple of old posts (2002) by him on the subject of cats. One in which he alleges that animal welfare snatches animals off peoples porches, and another in which he announces he's considering hiring a lawyer for his two cats (Morton and Max, or something). I'll post those after work tonight, but they're in the archives of one of the local Yahoogroups.

I posted that thing about this cat club nobody else but I did not delete it. It appears to have been deleted by someone else.

There are many small clubs/groups up this way who champion different things from pets, to over-development to flowers so I am not surprised that any candidate would seek support of such.

Truthseeker is obviously a petty minded person who looks to make issue of every thing.

In my book, cat clubs are as dumb as soccer clubs for moms.

Thanks, Factchecker. I\'ve got screenshots of a couple of old posts (2002) by him on the subject of cats. One in which he alleges that animal welfare snatches animals off peoples porches, and another in which he announces he\'s considering hiring a lawyer for his two cats (Morton and Max, or something). I\'ll post those after work tonight, but they\'re in the archives of one of the local Yahoogroups.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.