Washington DC Message Boards

Sam Brook\'s Campaign Is Riddled With Dishonesty

Perry

If you look at the website of Sam Brooks you will see the front page has a flashpoint presentation which claims about him.

One of the lies he is telling people is, Tamela Gordon a ANC Commissioner boasts how good he is.

The dishonesty in that is, Sam Brooks does not tell voters that according to his filings with the DC Office of Campaign Finance that Tamela Gordon is his campaign chair and that she contributed $500 to his campaign.

I do not see any of the other candidates lying to voters like this!

Perry/Rees,

What is your fixation on Brooks? No one here cares about him. You allege a consipracy between him and DCist Martin, yet have failed to prove any exists.

Ms. Gordon has already posted on the Ward3DC Yahoo Group countering you lies. I have pasted that post in a different thread on these boards.

I would venture that there is no lie or dishonesty in the statements you are making abour Brooks. I seem to recall a thread on the same Yahoo Group about the alleged falsification of Brooks's fundraising efforts and laughed out loud when the January 31 filings were made public showing that Brooks' website not only was accurate, but infact he had raised almost double what was mentioned at the time.

Please, if you are going to allege lies, provide links and proof.

I will also note that you are posting from the same IP address as:

"John Q. Public"

"NikkiDix"

"JRR"

"missgloverpark" aka "Leona Gomez"

"Jason Rees"

B. Frank

If you look at the website of Sam Brooks you will see the front page has a flashpoint presentation which claims about him.

One of the lies he is telling people is, Tamela Gordon a ANC Commissioner boasts how good he is.

The dishonesty in that is, Sam Brooks does not tell voters that according to his filings with the DC Office of Campaign Finance that Tamela Gordon is his campaign chair and that she contributed $500 to his campaign.

I do not see any of the other candidates lying to voters like this!

A member of a blog throws in the towel on Mr. Rees, and reiterates the ban on his publication, and yet, a certain political candidate just continues to flaunt the ban imposed on him (note the tell-tale slashes which appear due to an error when using a proxy IP server):

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/02/05/p...sly_on_d_43.php

Subject: ANC Commissioner Tamela Gordon, Sam Brooks & The Hatch Act

U.S. Office of Special Counsel,

United States Attorney, DC

Wilma Lewis, Chair DC Board of Elections & Ethics

Since Tamela Gordon is a standing ANC Commissioner, the Chairman of Sam Brooks for City Council and was involved in the soliciting of the $28k he claims to have gotten not in violation of \"The Hatch Act\"?

With your pull, is there anything you can do to get the DC BOEE, DC OCF, Attorney General and etcetera to investigate or audit their affairs?

This kid is spending his political contributions on himself: E.g. His rent, food, booze and you name it but not on actual political campaigning.

The records of the OCF list Tamela Gordon a standing ANC commissioner as chairman of Sam Brooks for City Council from back in September when he first filed with the OCF.

Tamela Gordon is an elected official, suppose to be non-partisan and so on and her behavior stinks of a violation of the \"Hatch Act\".

Posted by: No Jack ***brown trout*** | February 5, 2006 09:23 PM

A member of a blog throws in the towel on Mr. Rees, and reiterates the ban on his publication, and yet, a certain political candidate just continues to flaunt the ban imposed on him (note the tell-tale slashes which appear due to an error when using a proxy IP server):

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/02/05/p...sly_on_d_43.php

Subject: ANC Commissioner Tamela Gordon, Sam Brooks & The Hatch Act

U.S. Office of Special Counsel,

United States Attorney, DC

Wilma Lewis, Chair DC Board of Elections & Ethics

Since Tamela Gordon is a standing ANC Commissioner, the Chairman of Sam Brooks for City Council and was involved in the soliciting of the $28k he claims to have gotten not in violation of \"The Hatch Act\"?

With your pull, is there anything you can do to get the DC BOEE, DC OCF, Attorney General and etcetera to investigate or audit their affairs?

This kid is spending his political contributions on himself: E.g. His rent, food, booze and you name it but not on actual political campaigning.

The records of the OCF list Tamela Gordon a standing ANC commissioner as chairman of Sam Brooks for City Council from back in September when he first filed with the OCF.

Tamela Gordon is an elected official, suppose to be non-partisan and so on and her behavior stinks of a violation of the \"Hatch Act\".

Posted by: No Jack ***brown trout*** | February 5, 2006 09:23 PM

I can only imagine the peels of derisive laughter coming from the US Attorney's office upon receiving a vague assertion that someone is spending their campaign contributions on "rent, food, booze and you name it" - with utterly no proof provided. And that an ANC commissioner is working on a political campaign in violation of.....absolutely nothing.

The fact that he's apparently continuing to post where he's prohibited only underscores his willingness to go to any length, break any rule, offend any sensibility to further his own self-interest.

Edited by truthseeker

I would add that certain other Ward 3 Candidates have ANC Commissioners working with and for them. I suspect this is business as usual throughout the city, and the country.

I agree however, it is the disregard for the rules of the blog owner that show part of the true colors of the candidate.

B. Frank

Your biggest mistake is, you are not blaming the real person(s) for these postings and until you do, you are spinning your wheels.

If one person is banned and not the correct one, then the postings will continue.

I can only imagine the peels of derisive laughter coming from the US Attorney\'s office upon receiving a vague assertion that someone is spending their campaign contributions on \"rent, food, booze and you name it\" - with utterly no proof provided. And that an ANC commissioner is working on a political campaign in violation of.....absolutely nothing.

The fact that he\'s apparently continuing to post where he\'s prohibited only underscores his willingness to go to any length, break any rule, offend any sensibility to further his own self-interest.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.