Washington DC Message Boards

More Questions Rees Can't Answer

While I don't want to draw attention away from the very important issue of Jonathan Rees having impersonated an MPD Officer, Jose Magana, I thought that it would be worthwhile to point out that Rees has been posting fabrications again on the Internet. As Mr. Tozzi said in another thread, Rees' inability to prove these kind of assertions zeros out his credibility.

This is a post that Jonathan Rees made on his own YahooGroup, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jonathan_rees. (The group has only three members so to date. You don't need to join to view the messages ) The YahooGroup is basically a one-way message board for Jonathan Rees to post his thoughts. In this particular message, Rees says that he has been accused of "killing a former wife," being "one of the people involved in some big Brink's job but never caught," and more.

The problem is that there's no evidence that Rees has been accused of any of these things online. (It is true, however, that Rees has done other strange things, many of which have been documented or discussed here.) Jonathan Rees needs to provide proof in the way of a link or something else that can be verified that he has been accused of each and every thing he lists in this message.

--------------------------------

Date: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Subject: LIVING LA VIDA LOCA WITH JONATHAN R. REES jrrees1955

LIVING LA VIDA LOCA WITH JONATHAN R. REES

If anybody thinks that modern day politics is boring and that

candidates don't have anything to offer or say worth listening to

then do what I have and run for DC City Council.

When I announced back in August 2005, that I was running for DC City

Council Ward 3 by placing little postings around the internet, it

just took a few days before the nut jobs of DC came crawling out of

the woodwork.

Let's see now, I have been accused so far of:

1. Killing a former wife.

2. Having children in numerous countries I have not admitted to.

3. Being judicially determined as mentally ill and dangerous.

4. One of the people involved in some big Brink's job but never

caught.

5. Having a multiple personality disorder where I am my wife,

me and my children which Prozac has not cured.

6. That a DC Superior Court judge committed me to St. Elizabeth

Hospital but they refused to accept me out of fear that I would

upset the other patients.

7. Having broken into the DC Board of Elections & Ethics

offices and stole the voter's registration rolls.

8. Working for the Bush Administration to help spy on people.

9. A convicted pedophile.

10. And a lot more.

If anybody out there has some money to spare would they be so kind

as to go out and buy me a couple of tee-shirts with a bull's-eye on

it as that is surely something we politicians now a days need to

wear.

Indeed politics today in DC is not boring at all.

Try it; you'll learn things about your past nobody else seems to

know not even the CIA.

Jonathan R. Rees

While I don't want to draw attention away from the very important issue of Jonathan Rees having impersonated an MPD Officer, Jose Magana, I thought that it would be worthwhile to point out that Rees has been posting fabrications again on the Internet. As Mr. Tozzi said in another thread, Rees' inability to prove these kind of assertions zeros out his credibility.

This is a post that Jonathan Rees made on his own YahooGroup, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jonathan_rees. (The group has only three members so to date. You don't need to join to view the messages ) The YahooGroup is basically a one-way message board for Jonathan Rees to post his thoughts. In this particular message, Rees says that he has been accused of "killing a former wife," being "one of the people involved in some big Brink's job but never caught," and more.

The problem is that there's no evidence that Rees has been accused of any of these things online. (It is true, however, that Rees has done other strange things, many of which have been documented or discussed here.) Jonathan Rees needs to provide proof in the way of a link or something else that can be verified that he has been accused of each and every thing he lists in this message.

candidates don't have anything to offer or say worth listening to

the woodwork.

Let's see now, I have been accused so far of:

4. One of the people involved in some big Brink's job but never

caught.

offices and stole the voter's registration rolls.

10. And a lot more.

as to go out and buy me a couple of tee-shirts with a bull's-eye on

wear.

Try it; you'll learn things about your past nobody else seems to

know not even the CIA.

Jonathan R. Rees

(Oops, pardon the empty post above)

I'll second Factcheckers comment. Despite the many responses, R---' inflammatory posts have generated over the past few months, I have yet to see anyone accuse him of anything listed in that post. Not once. People have certainly asked direct questions about his on-line behavior; many have inquired about inconsistencies in his own claims; others have wondered about items on his resume; posters have certainly characterized him, based on his posting history, with words like "unstable" "dangerous" "juvenile" etc.

But I have yet to see any evidence of people lodging any of the unethical and absurd sorts of accusations he's cited. This latest sob story is a transparent attempt to portray himself as a victim, rather than a perpetrator of libel, and to make his critics appear to be the ones who are unreliable and of low character. Murder? Brinks robbery? Pedophilia? Ridiculous..

Here's an example of what really happens vs his version of it: When he posts that a critic of his must not really live in Ward 3 because he found no such name in the records Bureau of Elections, Verizon, Wasco and Pepco, someone responds with appropriate alarm about him looking into people's utility accounts. No one, however, accused him of working for the Bush Administration as a spy, nor did they accuse him of breaking into the BOEE and stealing records. Not ever. Perhaps a facetious remark was offered, but nothing that rises to the level of allegation.

It is, however, simple enough to find him (sorry, people-who-are-not-him) having accused people of: paying the homeless for adult activity; being the former lover of his opponent; being a racist ex-con; stalking the candidate and his family IRL; pulling his flyers off telephone poles; having been fired from a law office for having sexual relations with a client; etc. These posts are still viewable here, in the archives on DCist, on DCDL, on several yahoogroups, etc.

Now that we've pointed this out, I'm willing to bet that posts with bizarre accusations such as the above will start appearing under new aliases. Fortunately (particularly for journalists and lawyers) post-dating doesn't work on the internet.

None of OfficerNikkiTammyGloverDiceMan's wild tales ever include supporting documents, just instructions (when pressed) to ask so-and-so about it, or "come to my office and I'll tell you" or "people are saying". And when he does post a link, an even slightly attentive reading always proves that it never actually says anything close to what he alleges (the despicable post about Dcist Martin is only the latest example of this.) Even his efforts at salacious rumor-mongering are pitiful.

And finally. Must. Stop. Posting.

Love,

Not Sam Brooks, Not BFrank etc etc

Edited by truthseeker

Jonathan Rees posted the same thing on themail, www.dcwatch.com, today. He's repeating the same made up accusations. Rees still hasn't give any citations for what he says people are accusing him of.

--------------------------

Posted in themail, January 22, 2006

Living La Vida Loca with Jonathan R. Rees

Jonathan R. Rees, Jrrees@dc2006.net

If anybody thinks that modern day politics is boring and that candidates don't have anything to offer or say worth listening to, then do what I have and run for DC City Council. When I announced back in August 2005 that I was running for DC City Council Ward 3 by placing little postings around the Internet, it just took a few days before the nut jobs of DC came crawling out of the woodwork.

Let's see now, I have been accused so far of: 1) killing a former wife; 2) having children in numerous countries I have not admitted to; 3) being judicially determined as mentally ill and dangerous; 4) one of the people involved in some big Brink's job but never caught; 5) having a multiple personality disorder where I am my wife, me, and my children, which Prozac has not cured; 6) that a DC Superior Court judge committed me to St. Elizabeth Hospital but they refused to accept me out of fear that I would upset the other patients; 7) having broken into the DC Board of Elections and Ethics offices and stolen the voter registration rolls; 8) working for the Bush Administration to help spy on people; 9) a convicted pedophile; 10) and a lot more.

If anybody out there has some money to spare, would they be so kind as to go out and buy me a couple of tee-shirts with a bull's-eye on it, as that is surely something we politicians now a days need to wear. Indeed politics today in DC is not boring at all. Try it; you'll learn things about your past nobody else seems to know, not even the CIA.

I am a member of the Tenleytown Yahoo group and most of what you say here is not true but rather you are attributing to one person that which was said by many and you have distorted much of what you say was said.

If you are going to inform others of things then be truthful.

What has been said in response to Mr. Rees's 'woe is me' post that is false? Where is the proof in the pudding about all of these accusations? Links? PDFs? Something other than conjecture?

B. Frank

I am a member of the Tenleytown Yahoo group and most of what you say here is not true but rather you are attributing to one person that which was said by many and you have distorted much of what you say was said.

If you are going to inform others of things then be truthful.

What links and PDFs are you speaking of?

Easy. Links to any post that includes the accusations Rees claims have been lodged against him. Any post, (dated before he claims to have been so accused) in which anyone seriously claimed he had been involved in a "Brink's job", murdered his wife, spied for Bush, broken into the Bureau of Elections, or any of the other absurd claims he made in his recent posts.

A lot that was said about Rees has been deleted by the posting party.

Easy. Links to any post that includes the accusations Rees claims have been lodged against him. Any post, (dated before he claims to have been so accused) in which anyone seriously claimed he had been involved in a \"Brink\'s job\", murdered his wife, spied for Bush, broken into the Bureau of Elections, or any of the other absurd claims he made in his recent posts.

The issue brought up by Dr. Tossi is deceptive in that what was alleged is true, it is not found on the OCF website and you have to go in and request a the file of the candidate. I am certain each candidate has already looked at the file of the others.

It was no hidden secret back in Mr. Brooks last campaign that he was a late filer once and that usually results in a fine but most are so that is really not a real issue but you seem toi have gotten annoyed by it and that is what they wanted.

While I don\'t want to draw attention away from the very important issue of Jonathan Rees having impersonated an MPD Officer, Jose Magana, I thought that it would be worthwhile to point out that Rees has been posting fabrications again on the Internet. As Mr. Tozzi said in another thread, Rees\' inability to prove these kind of assertions zeros out his credibility.

This is a post that Jonathan Rees made on his own YahooGroup, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jonathan_rees. (The group has only three members so to date. You don\'t need to join to view the messages ) The YahooGroup is basically a one-way message board for Jonathan Rees to post his thoughts. In this particular message, Rees says that he has been accused of \"killing a former wife,\" being \"one of the people involved in some big Brink\'s job but never caught,\" and more.

The problem is that there\'s no evidence that Rees has been accused of any of these things online. (It is true, however, that Rees has done other strange things, many of which have been documented or discussed here.) Jonathan Rees needs to provide proof in the way of a link or something else that can be verified that he has been accused of each and every thing he lists in this message.

candidates don\'t have anything to offer or say worth listening to

the woodwork.

Let\'s see now, I have been accused so far of:

4. One of the people involved in some big Brink\'s job but never

caught.

offices and stole the voter\'s registration rolls.

10. And a lot more.

as to go out and buy me a couple of tee-shirts with a bull\'s-eye on

wear.

Try it; you\'ll learn things about your past nobody else seems to

know not even the CIA.

Jonathan R. Rees

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.