Washington DC Message Boards

LUKE ---- DCIST MARTIN ABOUT HIS CRIMINAL RECORD

Letter to the Editor

USG town senator should resign following riot arrest.

I find this letter very difficult to draft, but I believe it to be my best course of action regarding the events that occurred in the early morning hours of July 16. The riot, which it has repeatedly been called, has once again cast a dark shadow upon the Arts Festival weekend for Penn State and the greater State College communities.

A large group outside of Acme Pizza on Beaver Avenue is nothing new on Saturday nights. But what makes this weekend special is that 15 people were arrested, including Martin Austermuhle, an Undergraduate Student Government town senator.

Martin and I have shared the pleasure of knowing each other through our studies as international politics majors. We both have studied in the same lectures and have often debated one another, both on and off campus. As members of the Penn State United Nations organization, we have come to appreciate each other's different political and societal views concerning the present and future of our globalized world. Martin and I even joked around on Allen Street a couple of weeks ago when the NGA Conference was being held here in State College. Though I do not always agree with his opinions, I openly and honestly believe he is entitled to whatever he believes in and should follow that agenda. I even applaud Mr. Austermuhle for launching the Students for Accountability and Reform and its continued quest of helping those in the most depressed areas of the world.

Martin Austermuhle was once again elected in the most recent USG elections as a town senator representing Penn State constituents who reside off of campus. I cast my ballot for him and believe his representation to be true and just. However, following his arrest stemming from the events earlier in the week, I feel he has embarrassed the University, the town of State College and most especially the Penn State student body, which has voted him into his current position. His actions, whatever they may have been, are unbecoming of an elected student representative of this great university.

This letter is not personal in any form, whatsoever. But due to the circumstances and conduct of Martin Austermuhle occurring on July 16, 2000, I respectfully request that he resign his position as USG Town Senator immediately and apologize to those who trusted him with their votes.

IS THIS THE SAME SELF-RIGHTEOUS SON OF A doggess WHO GOES AROUND DC PRETENDING TO BE HOLIER THAN THOU?

YEP, SAME BUTTHOLE!

Ummm, how does an arrest during my junior year of college, a misdemeanor no less, impact my ability to offer commentary on DC politics, Jonathan Rees, or anything else? Hell, if making mistakes during college were reason enough to discredit someone and their opinion, not many people would ever offer any opinions.

Letter to the Editor

USG town senator should resign following riot arrest.

I find this letter very difficult to draft, but I believe it to be my best course of action regarding the events that occurred in the early morning hours of July 16. The riot, which it has repeatedly been called, has once again cast a dark shadow upon the Arts Festival weekend for Penn State and the greater State College communities.

A large group outside of Acme Pizza on Beaver Avenue is nothing new on Saturday nights. But what makes this weekend special is that 15 people were arrested, including Martin Austermuhle, an Undergraduate Student Government town senator.

Martin and I have shared the pleasure of knowing each other through our studies as international politics majors. We both have studied in the same lectures and have often debated one another, both on and off campus. As members of the Penn State United Nations organization, we have come to appreciate each other's different political and societal views concerning the present and future of our globalized world. Martin and I even joked around on Allen Street a couple of weeks ago when the NGA Conference was being held here in State College. Though I do not always agree with his opinions, I openly and honestly believe he is entitled to whatever he believes in and should follow that agenda. I even applaud Mr. Austermuhle for launching the Students for Accountability and Reform and its continued quest of helping those in the most depressed areas of the world.

Martin Austermuhle was once again elected in the most recent USG elections as a town senator representing Penn State constituents who reside off of campus. I cast my ballot for him and believe his representation to be true and just. However, following his arrest stemming from the events earlier in the week, I feel he has embarrassed the University, the town of State College and most especially the Penn State student body, which has voted him into his current position. His actions, whatever they may have been, are unbecoming of an elected student representative of this great university.

This letter is not personal in any form, whatsoever. But due to the circumstances and conduct of Martin Austermuhle occurring on July 16, 2000, I respectfully request that he resign his position as USG Town Senator immediately and apologize to those who trusted him with their votes.

IS THIS THE SAME SELF-RIGHTEOUS SON OF A doggess WHO GOES AROUND DC PRETENDING TO BE HOLIER THAN THOU?

YEP, SAME BUTTHOLE!

Ummm, how does an arrest during my junior year of college, a misdemeanor no less, impact my ability to offer commentary on DC politics, Jonathan Rees, or anything else? Hell, if making mistakes during college were reason enough to discredit someone and their opinion, not many people would ever offer any opinions.

Well put, Martin. Even a candidate for public office would encounter virtually no public reaction to a "revelation" so trivial. Though I expect voters would/will be a little harsher on an -actual- candidate found to have, oh, for example, impersonated a polic officer on-line, used comments sections to libel private citizens, etc.

This just gets sadder and sadder.

Well put, Martin. Even a candidate for public office would encounter virtually no public reaction to a "revelation" so trivial. Though I expect voters would/will be a little harsher on an -actual- candidate found to have, oh, for example, impersonated a police officer on-line, used comments sections to libel private citizens, etc.

This just gets sadder and sadder.

It's important to note that Tammy Bresloff is Jonathan Rees, as the IP addresses posted elsewhere on DC Pages prove.

One of Jonathan Rees' strangest --and most despicable-- behaviors is to viciously attack anyone who reports truthfully about him.

I can't help but wonder: Did Jonathan Rees make this post about Martin because Rees is now worried about the consequences of his impersonating DC Police Officer Jose Magana? Is Rees trying to deflect attention away from himself?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.