Washington DC Message Boards

Rees impersonates police officer

Jonathan Rees has impersonated a DC Police Officer, Jose Magana, on DCist, www.dcist.com

The thread is: http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/01/12/t...ary_edition.php

Here are two posts from Rees, impersonating Officer Magana. There's more on that thread:

For the record, I am DC police officer Jose R. Magana, I am assigned to the Latino Liaison Unit, I can be verified as being a real person and I too would like to see Martin cough up $500 to meet Rees challenge that he did not post what Martin has accused him of as I can attest where Mr. Rees was yesterday from 8 am to 2 pm and then from 4pm to 8pm and he certainly was not sitting in front of a computer posting matters on these silly blogs.

Martin made a serious allegation that Rees was posting certain matters and cannot wait to expose him, Rees offered Martin the opportunity to prove it by taking him to a governmental office where it would be proven where Rees was at the time he is being accused of posting, Martin cowardly backed off and that says to me Martin is guilty of knowingly accusing Rees of things Rees has not done.

So I too will challenge Martin to meet Rees challenge or let it be known by all that Martin has intentionally and malicious libeled Rees.

Posted by: MPD Officer Jose Magana | January 13, 2006 07:39 AM

Mr. Rees has no criminal record. Mr. Rees has no record at any court of being mentally ill or being dangerous and I again advise that this libel of Mr. Rees stop.

Posted by: MPD Officer Jose Magana | January 13, 2006 07:56 AM

A link to the real Officer Magana is at http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1232,q,...%7C31417%7C.asp

Factchecker, I believe that you may be dead wrong on this issue.

I think Officer Magana invited anyone who doubts that he posted to appear at his office today after 3 PM and he would be glad to identify himself as the person who posted. Of course, Officer Magana is asking that you bring proper identification of yourself which I doubt you will do as you will then give yourself away.

Accusing someone of impersonating a police officer is dangerous and what if Officer Magana confirms he did post such?

I would suggest before you post allegations of impersonation that you first check out the facts as you cannot call yourself factchecker when you have not yet checked it out?

It's amazing that "Tammy" and "Andrew (the Dice Man) Clay" are posting from the same IP address.

Rees, if you are going to use a proxy IP address, at least do it in a convincing manner.

B. Frank

Factchecker, I believe that you may be dead wrong on this issue.

I think Officer Magana invited anyone who doubts that he posted to appear at his office today after 3 PM and he would be glad to identify himself as the person who posted. Of course, Officer Magana is asking that you bring proper identification of yourself which I doubt you will do as you will then give yourself away.

Accusing someone of impersonating a police officer is dangerous and what if Officer Magana confirms he did post such?

I would suggest before you post allegations of impersonation that you first check out the facts as you cannot call yourself factchecker when you have not yet checked it out?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.