Washington DC Message Boards

I like B.Frank for one reason

EDS

I like B. Frank for only one reason and that is, he/she pays attention to issues.

The other day, I met with three of the other four candidates and we all agree that 95% of the voters out there not only do not pay attention to the issues but do not care about them and will vote based more upon name recognition which we feel is sad.

So the fact that B. Frank pays attention although the information fed her/him is grossly inaccurate, it would be nice if more people paid attention.

What do you mean by this? I am an average voter in the Ward. What do you mean by information fed to me. Are you one of those elitist politicians who believes that individuals aren't able to read "position papers" consume media and come to our own conclusions?

If the other candidates of Ward 3 race believe that name recognition will be the key to victory, then we need more candidates who believe that issues, moxie and acumen are the key.

Oh well.

B. Frank

So the fact that B. Frank pays attention although the information fed her/him is grossly inaccurate, it would be nice if more people paid attention.

I am afraid that too many elections are won on name recognition.

What do you mean by this? I am an average voter in the Ward. What do you mean by information fed to me. Are you one of those elitist politicians who believes that individuals aren\'t able to read \"position papers\" consume media and come to our own conclusions?

If the other candidates of Ward 3 race believe that name recognition will be the key to victory, then we need more candidates who believe that issues, moxie and acumen are the key.

Oh well.

B. Frank

What I am saying is, most people do not care and that is why the turn out rate is very low.

Most people feel that their vote does not count, politicians will do what they want and the voter gets the short end always.

You may not feel that way but way too many do.

What do you mean by this? I am an average voter in the Ward. What do you mean by information fed to me. Are you one of those elitist politicians who believes that individuals aren\'t able to read \"position papers\" consume media and come to our own conclusions?

Oh well.

B. Frank

That seems very pessimistic and defeatist for a politician.

B. Frank

What I am saying is, most people do not care and that is why the turn out rate is very low.

Most people feel that their vote does not count, politicians will do what they want and the voter gets the short end always.

You may not feel that way but way too many do.

I have to agree with him if you read reports now and then why the turn out rate is low.

You see, you, Rees and I are concerned but we are the exception but many out there do not care what you, Rees or I think as they feel they will be the loser no matter what.

I wish people were more concerned but they are not.

That seems very pessimistic and defeatist for a politician.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.