Washington DC Message Boards

Ward 3 Women Against Sam Brooks

Gloria

Sam Brooks and his followers along with their many alter egos come across as paranoid schizophrenics believing that only his opponent Rees is behind any negative statement but did it ever occur to him/them that many of us in the ward are opposed to him.

We are a good number of about 172 women in the ward who oppose Sam Brooks because we see him as an arrogant, snotty nose kid who never held down a real job, who still lives off his parents in order to stay afloat but yet he thinks that he is God's gift to the voters.

How many of you ladies would marry let alone date a man who can't hold down a job for long? Well that describes Sam Brooks a candidate for our ward city counciman. Yes, a lazy, no good for nothing bum who can't hold down a job and still goes to his mothers for partial support.

How can anyone vote for a man who cannot support himself?

WE HAVE OUR OWN WEBSITE coming up and it will have a phone number, address and real people answering it so all will know who we are.

Gloria, I mean Jon, posts like this seriously undermine any credibility you might have as a serious candidate for Ward 3 Council.

Gloria Posted: Nov 5 2005, 06:35 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 2966

Many reporters from different newspapers and TV stations have requested that I make a position statement stating the difference between myself and my opponent Sam Brooks

The difference between myself and my only opponent Sam Brooks is: I have around twenty five years of experience in mid to upper level business management and he has none; I have around ten years of experience in the legislative field before the United States Congress and state legislatures and he does not; I have devoted more of my time to helping the poor, elderly and sick and he only talks about it; I have gotten out and literally walked every street of Ward 3 to hand out my political flyer and completed all of Ward 3 in under three months to get my message to voters and my opponent has yet to get out and his strategy to get known is to manufacture/self-inflict wrongs done to gain media attention and while I humbly do my thing not taking anything for granted, my opponent treks DC with an aurora of arrogance, abrasive treatment of people, intimidating tactics and preaches a political agenda liking to what caused our economic calamity and the seizing of our government by a federal control board.

My opponent’s philosophy is that of a these great programs of the past but due to his lack of any real work experience, what he advocates would bankrupt our city and doesn’t address our history of gross mismanagement of all forms of resources.

Sam Brooks has no original ideas and like his senior year thesis on Marion Barry, his entire career has been a cut and pasting from the hard work others.

The WASHINGTON POST, September 11, 2004; Page A20 speaking of my opponent Sam Brooks said:

1. The District deserves a better choice for city council.

2. He doesn’t come anywhere close in the needed experience overall in representing the city.

3. He is long on energy and ambition but short on community service, and lacks substantive knowledge of the problems confronting the city and ideas for solving them.

4. The District needs someone who knows how the government works, is familiar with the city other than through a political door-to-door campaign and who doesn't need on-the-job training in the basics.

Sam Brooks talks about his youth and compares himself to Adrian Fenty but the big difference is, Adrian Fenty had an education in the right area to serve in government and Sam Brooks does not; Adrian Fenty had four to five years of work experience under his belt and Sam Brooks does not and can’t hold any job for long as the public record supports and Sam Brooks reminds people of many young people just out of college that walk through the door with no real work history believing they should be paid $50k to begin with only to get a chuckle.

In sum, when you look carefully at the two candidates, it is night and day but to even think of electing a person with no real work history, a work history where a person can’t sit still and stay for long, who talks a lot about what we should do but has never bothered to jump into the trenches and actually do it and then asks you to vote for and trust him is like asking you to play a form of [Reverse Russian Roulette] where all the chamber but one is full of bullets.

Sincerely,

Jonathan R. Rees

Committee To Elect Jonathan R. Rees

Democrat For Ward 3 City Council

P.O. Box 21422, Washington, DC 20009

http://www.dcpages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6557

Sam Brooks and his followers along with their many alter egos come across as paranoid schizophrenics believing that only his opponent Rees is behind any negative statement but did it ever occur to him/them that many of us in the ward are opposed to him.

We are a good number of about 172 women in the ward who oppose Sam Brooks because we see him as an arrogant, snotty nose kid who never held down a real job, who still lives off his parents in order to stay afloat but yet he thinks that he is God's gift to the voters.

How many of you ladies would marry let alone date a man who can't hold down a job for long? Well that describes Sam Brooks a candidate for our ward city counciman. Yes, a lazy, no good for nothing bum who can't hold down a job and still goes to his mothers for partial support.

How can anyone vote for a man who cannot support himself?

WE HAVE OUR OWN WEBSITE coming up and it will have a phone number, address and real people answering it so all will know who we are.

IF YOU ARE 50 OR OLDER-JUST DIE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: comm-111360885@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-11-15, 9:32AM EST

IF YOU ARE 50 OR OLDER-JUST DIE

The following is an “age discrimination” issue and not so much a political one so I ask our good moderators to allow it, to open up a healthy discussion on age discrimination.

A short while ago, Adrian Fenty said he wanted to be our next mayor and then attacked Linda Cropp saying her campaign was only for the “old geezers” of DC and that his campaign and administration would be one for the young and not the old geezers. Fenty was criticized in the media for this. This old geezer mentality is scary to me as a 55 year old man because my years of hard work and paying taxes will mean nothing because I am an old geezer to a Fenty administration.

One of the masterminds behind this “old geezer” slur was a Samuel A.C. Brooks who wants to be our next councilman from ward three and at 27 not yet having lived or ever holding down a real job and family shows me that a councilman Brooks would not be good for the people of ward three 50 or older.

I am offended that a mayoral candidate and candidate for city council from my ward would make it clear that there is no future in DC for me because of my age.

This should offend everyone in this list server as most in my ward who do vote are around 50 and older.

Please people never forget that Adrian Fenty and Samuel A.C. Brooks says there is no future in DC if you are an old geezer (50+) and they have never retracted from that stance and that should alarm people.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.