Washington DC Message Boards

Hair Fusion Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valencia

HELLO EVERYONE,

ATTACHED IS AN EMAIL THAT I RECEIVED THIS WEEKEND THIS IS THE MOST DISTURBING THING THAT I HAVE READ OR HEARD IN ALL THE YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN A STYLIST. THE SALON IS LOCATED IN HOUSTON TEXAS ON RICHMOND STREET, I CALLED THE CLIENT AND TO HEAR HER STORY IS EVEN WORSE SHE IS GOING TO SEND PICTURES AND I WILL POST THEM ASAP. BUYER BEWARE AND CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED. :angry: I COPIED THE EMAIL TO NOTEPAD TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE CAN PULL IT UP.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE CLIENT PAYED OVER $1100. FOR THIS SERVICE AND BAD TREATMENT.

Breakdown: $1100. up front

$50. each visit after

PLEASE CLICK THE FUSION PROBLEMS LINK BELOW TO READ THE EMAIL

ATTACHMENT.

Bad hair fusion pictures

fusion_problems.txt

When I spoke to Ms. Webb, she informed me that she was very patient and gave the stylist several chances to rectify the problem but all she did was add more polywax to her hair and didnot remove the polywax from the first application which made the problem worse and on top of that she charged her $50. for each visit <_< even though she was trying to fix a problem that she created, the stylist would never admit that she made a mistake she blamed the client. Ms. Webb also stated that her scalp burned so bad because it was so dry, she applied oil because she could not take it anymore and of course the stylist told her that is what caused the problem BUT that was the second visit if that was the case why did it shed after the first visit? Don't get me wrong I am not perfect and I have had clients that shed after the service but they will tell you I move heaven and earth to fix the problem FREE OF CHARGE THAT IS MY JOB!!!!!!!!!! Some people shed that comes with the teritory from time to time in most cases that I have dealt with it is as simple as the hair used. Not all hair is compatible to all clients for example I love Outre Velvet Remi but I used it on a client not so long ago and she started to shed right away, I actually did her entire head over and used the Velvet Remi again thinking it was just human error on my part and again it started to shed not right away but when she went to her stylist to have it cut so I changed the hair and guess what? no more problems, I had another client that I not only had to change the hair but the fusion system used, that is why I have more than one fusion system, fine, thin hair does not react the same as thick coarse hair. That is why hair relaxers come in more than one strength, and those that don't will not take in everyone's hair. One more thing, everyone has a non refund policy BUT remember that is null and void if the stylist breach the contract all services should last for a reasonable amount of time for example, press and curl 4 days that is reasonable, fusion services 4 days unacceptable. Click the link below for pictures.

BAD HAIR FUSION PICTURES

Valencia

Stories like this really ruin it for this type of extension. I would like to point out that in general, I don't believe in saying anything bad about a fellow worker. However, the way things were treated I can't help but to say...WHAT A JOKE! It really does shock me to hear how others treat their clients, rather than just humble themselves and either admit there was a problem or atleast try and fix the damage done. Being true to clients is the ultimate goal. The amount of money spent is not un-normal for some salons but you atleast should be happy with what you have had done.

That said, my suggestion is to ask for photos of clients. Also find out how long a client has been in business, not just as a hair stylist but as someone who does hair extensions. In school, they do teach hair extensions for half a day...dont fall into the whole "just cause she has her license...thing", yes she or he may have their license but have no idea about hair extensions. All some people see is a dollar sign.

When getting your hair done, you are making an investment. Not just the hair but an investment in yourself and how you feel. Protect your investment and find someone who loves what they do. I love what I do, I know Valencia does also. We care, we both are hair addicts and we both wear extensions so trust me, we have been there.

;)

hollywoodhairextensions@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MissLove

I think that you should advise this young woman to seek legal advice. PrePaid Legal offers services for $18 a month where something like this would be covered, resolved, and her money would be returned for less than the price that she paid for her hair. This is an unfortunate situation, but I dont think that the stylist should be allow4ed to continue in her ignorance thinking that this process is okay. White wax is a cheap alternative and is NOT what was paid for.

I would strongly advise you to visit the website. Membership is month to month, hell, you can cancel after this is resolved...I bet you with legal phone consultation, free letters written from the law firm assigned to you in Texas, and even if court time is necessary (which it wouldnt be because your wack stylist would want to avoid legal costs by most any means), I doubt it would come to more than $100-$200. ANd you would have your money refunded.

You're worth that. Pursue it.

I think that you should advise this young woman to seek legal advice. PrePaid Legal offers services for $18 a month where something like this would be covered, resolved, and her money would be returned for less than the price that she paid for her hair. This is an unfortunate situation, but I dont think that the stylist should be allow4ed to continue in her ignorance thinking that this process is okay. White wax is a cheap alternative and is NOT what was paid for.

I would strongly advise you to visit the website. Membership is month to month, hell, you can cancel after this is resolved...I bet you with legal phone consultation, free letters written from the law firm assigned to you in Texas, and even if court time is necessary (which it wouldnt be because your wack stylist would want to avoid legal costs by most any means), I doubt it would come to more than $100-$200. ANd you would have your money refunded.

You're worth that. Pursue it.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS

Valencia

When I spoke to Ms. Webb, she informed me that she was very patient and gave the stylist several chances to rectify the problem but all she did was add more polywax to her hair and didnot remove the polywax from the first application which made the problem worse and on top of that she charged her $50. for each visit  <_<  even though she was trying to fix a problem that she created, the stylist would never admit that she made a mistake she blamed the client. Ms. Webb also stated that her scalp burned so bad because  it was so dry, she applied oil because she could not take it anymore and of course the stylist told her that is what caused the problem BUT that was the second visit if that was the case why did it shed after the first visit? Don't get me wrong I am not perfect and I have had clients that shed after the service but they will tell you I move heaven and earth to fix the problem FREE OF CHARGE THAT IS MY JOB!!!!!!!!!! Some people shed that comes with the teritory from time to time in most cases that I have dealt with it is as simple as the hair used. Not all hair is compatible to all clients for example I love Outre Velvet Remi but I used it on a client not so long ago and she started to shed right away, I actually did her entire head over and used the Velvet Remi again thinking it was just human error on my part and again it started to shed not right away but when she went to her stylist to have it cut so I changed the hair and guess what? no more problems, I had another client that I not only had to change the hair but the fusion system used, that is why I have more than one fusion system, fine, thin hair does not react the same as thick coarse hair. That is why hair relaxers come in more than one strength, and those that don't will not take in everyone's hair. One more thing, everyone has a non refund policy BUT remember that is null and void if the stylist breach the contract all services should last for a reasonable amount of time for example, press and curl 4 days that is reasonable, fusion services 4 days unacceptable. Click the link below for pictures.

BAD HAIR FUSION PICTURES

Valencia

:unsure: My name is Shiry and I just went to a hair show in Houston on Monday. I am looking into doing hair fusion but I don't know which product or method is worth my while. The toraine method was the only method introduced at the show :o . Can you please inform me on which method the toraine or agape collection or whatever you use. I would really like to offer this in my salon, but I don't have a lot of money due to the slow period to invest.

I am horrified at what happened to this young lady. I wish her the best of luck in seeking a better experience.

Shiry

When I spoke to Ms. Webb, she informed me that she was very patient and gave the stylist several chances to rectify the problem but all she did was add more polywax to her hair and didnot remove the polywax from the first application which made the problem worse and on top of that she charged her $50. for each visit  <_<  even though she was trying to fix a problem that she created, the stylist would never admit that she made a mistake she blamed the client. Ms. Webb also stated that her scalp burned so bad because  it was so dry, she applied oil because she could not take it anymore and of course the stylist told her that is what caused the problem BUT that was the second visit if that was the case why did it shed after the first visit? Don't get me wrong I am not perfect and I have had clients that shed after the service but they will tell you I move heaven and earth to fix the problem FREE OF CHARGE THAT IS MY JOB!!!!!!!!!! Some people shed that comes with the teritory from time to time in most cases that I have dealt with it is as simple as the hair used. Not all hair is compatible to all clients for example I love Outre Velvet Remi but I used it on a client not so long ago and she started to shed right away, I actually did her entire head over and used the Velvet Remi again thinking it was just human error on my part and again it started to shed not right away but when she went to her stylist to have it cut so I changed the hair and guess what? no more problems, I had another client that I not only had to change the hair but the fusion system used, that is why I have more than one fusion system, fine, thin hair does not react the same as thick coarse hair. That is why hair relaxers come in more than one strength, and those that don't will not take in everyone's hair. One more thing, everyone has a non refund policy BUT remember that is null and void if the stylist breach the contract all services should last for a reasonable amount of time for example, press and curl 4 days that is reasonable, fusion services 4 days unacceptable. Click the link below for pictures.

BAD HAIR FUSION PICTURES

Valencia

:unsure: My name is Shiry and I just went to a hair show in Houston on Monday. I am looking into doing hair fusion but I don't know which product or method is worth my while. The toraine method was the only method introduced at the show :o . Can you please inform me on which method the toraine or agape collection or whatever you use. I would really like to offer this in my salon, but I don't have a lot of money due to the slow period to invest.

I am horrified at what happened to this young lady. I wish her the best of luck in seeking a better experience.

Shiry

Email your contact information to me and we will talk

hairbyvalencia@yahoo.com

Thank You for your response

Valencia