Washington DC Message Boards

Course Hair Weave Recommendation

Guest Terri

I have course hair and I am looking for product recommendation. I purchased Remy in the red box, it tangled and it was too fine to blend with my hair. I have used Zury and was reasonably satisfied with it, but it is hard to find in upstate SC.

Any suggestions?

Hi Terri

Remi is finer than others as it is Indian real hair. I would suggest to you, only for the weave...that you use Asian...it is corse but I def. don't recomend it for long term. If you redo your weave every month it will be fine...just don't wash your hair everyday. You will have to use new hair each month but I think this would be the best solution for you. Let me know how it goes!

I have course hair and I am looking for product recommendation.  I purchased Remy in the red box, it tangled and it was too fine to blend with my hair.  I have used Zury and was reasonably satisfied with it, but it is hard to find in upstate SC.

Any suggestions?

Terri,

We need you to be a little more specific do you mean coarse/kinky or coarse/resistant with all do respect to my colleague asian hair tends to be coarse/resistant but too slick and straight for most of us (african american and caucasian women) and it looks like a wig. Great Lengths has the BEST tutorial on the best type of hair to use for extensions, they even have a demonstration on how asian hair reacts after time. Click link below and click our hair on their website...........Janet Remy has given so many women problems that my distributer no longer deal with it, Outre' Remy is wonderful and if you are a sew in client you can reuse it (it will not tangle) it will not last forever but if you can get two sew in sessions from it, you will save on hair cost.

GREAT LENGTHS WEBSITE

Thank You

Valencia

Thanks to both of you for the information. My hair is course/resistant. It is not kinky. When relaxed you can still see the courseness (if that's a word). It's not soft, nor is it fine. My stylist uses a Bonner Brothers relaxer that works really well as my hair become resistant to Mizani. I have my weave sewn in. I will check out the links and let you know.

Thanks much

Terri

p.s. I love this forum!

Hi

I am sure you checked out the Great Lengths site...it is great. I am taking the So.Cap course at the end of the month and would like to tell you about it. It is rated second to Great Lengths. There is no difference in application or quality of hair, the only huge difference is price. Great Lenghts can cost up to $2000, (my quote given to me by a stylist in Frederick....I almost swollowed my tongue). I do believe that So.Cap ranges from 800+ and the hair is amazing and the bond is super small. I look forward to this course and offering this service to my clients. :D

I love this forum.