Washington DC Message Boards

Fusions Falling Out?

Kristin876

I got the strand to strand fusion done by a professional (8 yrs experience) and am happy with the work, but I have VERY fine, soft, somewhat fragile hair. Over the two weeks since I've had this done I've had about 6-8 fusions fall out, with root attached. I admit, I could've pulled too much when brushing, b/c they do get tangled occasionally. But is there anything that anyone can recommend to make my root hair stronger so this won't occur? Any suggestions are welcome please! I don't want to have to get rid of my fusion, but I don't want to be bald either!!!!! Thanks :)

I got the strand to strand fusion done by a professional (8 yrs experience) and am happy with the work, but I have VERY fine, soft, somewhat fragile hair.  Over the two weeks since I've had this done I've had about 6-8 fusions fall out, with root attached.  I admit, I could've pulled too much when brushing, b/c they do get tangled occasionally.  But is there anything that anyone can recommend to make my root hair stronger so this won't occur?  Any suggestions are welcome please!  I don't want to have to get rid of my fusion, but I don't want to be bald either!!!!!  Thanks  :)

Hello Kristin,

Try roller sets and deep conditioners like Hair Mayonaise by Organic that is a wonderful product............ and don't forget the setting lotion...........Hold the hair by the roots when combing, and always keep the hair MOISTURIZED, I'm sure if you look at the bonds that fell out the hair connected is dry. Brushing the hair is a good thing and should not cause the bonds to fall out unless you are using the wrong brush, make sure you are using a natural bristle brush, I use boar's hair, using the wrong brush can also damage your hair and the fusion bonds. It also makes me nervous that your hair is fragile, fine and soft is ok, my hair is fine and soft but healthy, I deep condition at least every two weeks and ALWAYS keep my hair moisturized.

Thank You

Valencia