Jump to content
Washington DC Message Boards

Worker Compensation Management

Guest s. mitchiner

Recommended Posts

Guest s. mitchiner

Working for the District Government and becoming injured while at work places you in a position to become poor, hurt, without care even once injury certification has occurred. The reason, the District does not want to see, help, or be responsible for workers with work causal injuries. The District determines once you have a total permanent injury while working, there is no place for you including violation of ADA. Go away and don't bother us, this thought seems to come from the top. It has come to the attention of injured employees that funds are in question (three million dollars). Bills are not paid. And, even with a cited federal law suit, the District government does not accept responsibility nor act within its own laws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Joesph

ADA Title II: State and Local Government Activities


Title II covers all activities of State and local governments regardless of the government entity's size or receipt of Federal funding. Title II requires that State and local governments give people with disabilities an equal opportunity to benefit from all of their programs, services, and activities (e.g. public education, employment, transportation, recreation, health care, social services, courts, voting, and town meetings).


Complaints of title II violations may be filed with the Department of Justice within 180 days of the date of discrimination. In certain situations, cases may be referred to a mediation program sponsored by the Department. The Department may bring a lawsuit where it has investigated a matter and has been unable to resolve violations. For more information, contact:


U.S. Department of Justice

Civil Rights Division

950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Disability Rights Section - NYAV

Washington, D.C. 20530


www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/adahom1.htm or ada.gov


(800) 514-0301 (voice)

(800) 514-0383 (TTY)


Title II may also be enforced through private lawsuits in Federal court. It is not necessary to file a complaint with the Department of Justice (DOJ) or any other Federal agency, or to receive a "right-to-sue" letter, before going to court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...