Washington DC Message Boards

Logan Circle Community Garden?

Guest justbrowsingthrough

Guest justbrowsingthrough

Hi, I used to live just north of McPhereson Square. Anyhow, I would shop at that hispanic grocery store around 11 or 12 & O. I couldn't help but notice the huge building surrounded by an electric fence situated near there. It seems to have some nice flora inside. The sign said "Logan Circle Community Garden". Anyone here have any idea what that is all about?

Thanks all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Haychel

Here is the little I know (for more information contact Eric Korpon at logancircle.org) ... The fence is not electric but it is there to keep people out because the property belongs to PEPCO. In exchange for using the property for a few functions a year the LCCA (Eric) takes care of all the landscaping, mowing, fertilizing, etc. The LCCA provides a small budget for the upkeep of the park and several times a year Eric requests volunteer assistance (clean-up, raking leaves, trimming bushes, etc). Please contact him if you would like to get involved.