Washington DC Message Boards

Looking For Band Members

Myth

Singer/guitarist seeking additional guitarist, bass player, and drummer for rock/alternative band.

Influences include (but are not limited to) Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Midnight Oil, Tom Waits, The Doors, Radiohead, Nirvana, Danzig, They Might Be Giants, The Stone Roses, Blur, Mudhoney, The Replacements, Soul Asylum, Buddy Holly, The Church, Meat Puppets, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and the Heartbrakers...

Should be interested in multiple genres, including 80s/early 90s underground rock, alternative rock, jazz, folk, singer/songwriter, punk, indie, 50s/60s rock'n'roll/rockabilly, psychedelic, heavy rock (not metal), but above all:

An interest in being creative with melody, harmony, and rhythm and a desire to play and compose ORIGINAL SONGS. We will seldom play covers, if at all.

Looking for intelligent, energetic, witty, and cooperative individuals who want success in the music business, and are willing to work at it, but who will not compromise their integrity and ideas just for commercial gain.

This all sounds serious and heavy, but I assure anyone interested that I am a patient, open-minded person who is looking forward to meeting and working with like-minded artists... and eventually achieving great artistic success.

I have plenty of rehearsal space and song material, and have already received one solicitation for a record deal.

Please e-mail me at sfonzo@aaahawk.com if you would like to meet or if you just want to discuss/ask questions over the computer or the phone.

• 3 months later...

Knowing what it's like trying to find like minded and positive individuals to jam with and make a positive influence in this world filled with "pop stars". It's difficult and I wish you all the best. You sound very positive, dedicated, and hard working. You've got what it takes and I hope that you encounter MANY wonderful and positive people on your road like yourself. I like you only play my own stuff. I have 31 songs currently. Like you I have ABSOLUTLY no interest in playing covers. I believe that I have my own voice and that that is what I should be putting out there. I love what other people have done, it's inspired me to do what I do, but it's my turn to step up and get my sound out there. I'd love to jam with you but I have a heavy Dave Matthews Influence and I'm not sure how you'd feel about that. Either way take care of yourself and I wish you only the best. Good luck my friend.

Peace,

Theo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.