Washington DC Message Boards

Look What's Happening In Adams Morgan

Guest DCPagesAdmin

Guest DCPagesAdmin

Adams Morgan Events:

Saturday, October 25--7:30 p.m. Sunday, October 26 --8:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 29-7:30 p.m. Saturday, November 1 -- 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, November 2 -- 4:30 p.m. Dear Residents of Adams Morgan...your neighbors from Woodley Park welcome you to... Come and see the St. Thomas Apostle Players in a production of "The Fantasticks." The world's longest running and beloved musical (featured at the Sullivan Street Playhouse, NYC, from 1960-2002, 17,262 performances!). Books and Lyrics by Tom Jones; Music by Harvey Schmidt. Performances: Location: St. Thomas Apostle Parish Hall, 2665 Woodley Rd. N.W. Washington, D.C. [one block from the Woodley Park-Zoo metro; across the street from the Marriott Hotel).Admission $15.00 (children under 12 $10.00) Reception following every performance For ticket information and reservations, call Anita Atherton at (301) 341-5086

Saturday, October 25, from 10AM-3PM please come out and join us on Saturday on the grounds of theMarie H. Reed Community Learning Center for a combined grand reopening celebration and community health fair. Things will kick off at 10AM, and the formal program will start at 11AM. The fun will last until 3PM!The health fair will include lead paint screening by the Department of Health, vision, hearing and glaucoma testing, educational information, and enrollment for the Alliance. Entertainment includes free food, tours of the clinic, music, and a moon bounce for the children.

Every 4th Tuesday: 7:00 p.m. Bring your questions and ideas to AMCA at First Church of Christ, Scientist, 1770 Euclid (diagonal from City Bikes). The one with the three big banners! Enter thru side gate on Champlain St.

Saturday, November 15, The Fund for Kalorama Park is hosting another fundraiser luncheon buffet at Perry's Restaurant on from noon to 2, to support Park activities and beautification. The last luncheon was a sold-out, fabulous event, so get your tickets soon. Tickets are $25. To purchase one, please send me an e-mail or see me at the meeting.

November 9, 2003 The District of Columbia Arts Center Theatre at 2438 18th Street, NW will play host to LINDA ZOBLOTSKY IS LUVCHILD! on at 7:30 pm. Admission will be $15.00 for the general public and $10.00 for DCAC members Please call 202-462-7833 for reservations. This theatre only has 50 seats.LINDA ZOBLOTSKY IS LUVCHILD is a funny, entertaining, thought-provoking story of one woman’s search for her birthparents and her identity. With over 30,000 children being placed into the adoption system each year, there are a growing number of people searching for their genetic roots. LINDA ZOBLOTSKY IS LUVCHILD! allows the audience to share in the fantasies of a child’s imagination. A “detective” uncovers the clues to a great mystery. Audiences get involved in with the numerous characters of “LUVCHILD” and appreciate the eight original uplifting songs by Howard Beckerman performed by Linda ZoblotskyPeople are curious about how adopted people cope with missing information about their ethnicity, moods, quirks and siblings? What do my birthparents look like? Do I look like them? Do we have the same talents? Why did they give me up? There are 6,000,000 adopted people in the United States. "I told a friend of mine about your wonderful performance. Do you have the songs on CD?" Sheila Ganz"I stopped being an observer and became a willing co-conspirator on her journey." Herbert Felsonfeld"Your work personalized the issue which is so effective at touching our common humanity." Harry Stark LINDA ZOBLOTSKY IS LUVCHILD began with sold-out performances at The Children of Light Healing Center on 102nd Street and B-way in New York City. Directed by Wendall Goings and Written by Linda Zoblotsky and Rick Paul.

Let us know about your community events and we'll post them here email .Community Events fax 202-478-0692