Washington DC Message Boards

Hitler wrongly invested on the Vatican but not on US politicians

Guest Adnan Darwash

Guest Adnan Darwash

Catholic Hitler introduced a Church Tax in order to keep the Vatican on his side while fighting the Jews who were implicated in the crucifixion of Jesus and who refuse to recognize Christianity. In this regard, Hitler was successful as his ally Mussolini became a close friend of Pope Pius XII while Jews were being killed in German-occupied territories. But Hitler's biggest mistake was in ignoring investment on the US legislators who were like him vehement anti-communist. Like Netanyhu, Hitler would have received standing ovations if he had given an address to the US congress announcing operation Barba Rossa; to invade and to destroy the communist Soviet Union and to topple Stalin, while his forces remained occupying Austria, the Czeck Republic and Poland.

Someone once said “victims of abuse tend to abuse others.” That is why one should not be surprised to seeing the Jewish victims of Nazi crimes establishing a state that carries out Nazi-style atrocities. Here are some of the similarities between German and Israeli Nazi practices:

1. The German Nazis preached the superiority of the Arian race. Similarly, the Jews believe that they are superior to others and are being preferred by God over the rest of his creatures.

2. The Germans had established the SS (Schutz Stafel/defense force) and the Gestapo (Geheimstaatpolizei/secret state police) to detain, torture and to assassinate all the 'undesirables' including Communists and Jews. The Israelis have established IDF (Israeli Defense Force), SHABAK, SHIN BEIT and MOSSAD which are known for carrying out heinous crimes against Palestinians in Israel, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Europe and Lebanon.

3. Germans discriminated against Jews, Israelis discriminate against Christians and Muslims.

4. The Germans developed and used sophisticated Luftwaffe, Panzers and Chemical weapons. The Israelis developed and used all kinds of weapons including cluster and phosphorus bombs.

5. The German Wehrmacht gave itself the right to attack neighboring countries. The Israeli IDF have invaded Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and the West Bank.

6. In 1947, the Irgun, Haggana and Stern gangs surrounded Deir Yassin and hanged the entire male population of (180-800) to frighten the population. That was a page taken from Himmler's book of atrocities in the former USSR.

While the German Nazi rule lasted from 1939-1945, the Israeli Nazi atrocities are on-going since 1948. The Americans fought NAZI Germany, albeit late, but are currently embracing Israeli Nazi-style atrocities and crimes.

Adnan Darwash, Iraq Occupation Times

Guest Soldier of God
Hitler once said: "Providence called me, a Catholic, to have done with Catholicism. Only a Catholic can destroy Catholicism".

http://www.vatican.v...-albano_en.html

The assistance provided by Pius XII for the persecuted among them many Jews, in Rome, in Italy and in many other countries was immense and is constantly being documented, also by authoritative historians and intellectuals who are far from being defenders of the Papacy, such as Ernesto Galli della Loggia, Arrigo Levi and Piero Melograni. New facts and documents are continually emerging from this past that never passes. This documentation renders justice to what Pope Pacelli and his Church did in the face of the criminal persecution of the Jews, and should impose the re-writing of a large number of history books, and the relegation to oblivion of the defamatory legend of a Nazi-phile Pontiff. This reputation, which was born in the years of world conflict, culminated in 1963 with the representation of the play Der Stellvertreter (The Vicar) by Rolf Hochhuth, and was proposed again in 2002 in Constantin Costa-Gavras' film Amen. In Italy in 1965 the historian Giovanni Spadolini had already denounced the fact that this had been an orchestrated campaign, when he spoke of "systematic attacks by the communist world which did not fail to find some complicity or some compliance in Catholic hearts too or at least in some Catholics, not unknown, even in Italy". Forty years later a whole dossier in which the heads of the Third Reich are shown to have considered Pope Pacelli an enemy has confirmed this: a Nazi dossier consisting of unpublished documents which had fallen into the hands of the leaders of the secret services of communist Germany, and which had naturally remained hidden until they were revealed by "La Repubblica", a daily newspaper that could certainly not be described as "Pro Pacelli".

A long and important interview with Paolo Mieli, historian and editor of the Corriere della Sera, published in L'Osservatore Romano (History will render justice to Pope Pius XII, L'Osservatore Romano English edition, 15 October 2008, p. 7) summarized the historiographical case constituted by the debate about Pius XII on the 50th anniversary of his death. It is a highly significant text in which Mieli, among other things, declares he is convinced that in time historians will render justice to Pope Pacelli; "Sincerely, the Jewish blood that runs through my veins" he added, "makes me prefer a Pope who helps my fellow Jews to survive, rather than one who puts on a show" (ibid., p. 26). And it is worth re-reading his conclusive judgment on Pius XII: "He may have been the most important Pope of the 20th century. He was certainly tormented by doubts. On the matter of silence, as I have said, he questioned himself. But this is exactly what gives me a sense of his greatness. "One thing struck me. Once the war was over, if Pius XII had had a guilty conscience, he would have bragged of his work to save the Jews. But he never did this. He never said a word. He could have. He could have had it written about, had it said. He didn't do it. For me, this is a proof of the quality of his character. He was not a Pope who felt the need to defend himself. Regarding judgment about Pius XII, I must say that there remains in my heart what Robert Kempner, a Jewish lawyer of German origin and the second prosecutors at the Nuremberg trial, wrote in 1964: "Any propagandist statement of position by the Church against the government of Hitler would not only have been premeditated suicide, but would have accelerated the killing of a much greater number of Jews and priests'. "I conclude: for 20 years the judgments about Pius XII were unanimous. In my opinion, therefore, there is something that doesn't add up about the offensive against them. And anyone who ventures to study him with intellectual honesty must start from precisely this point. From these figure that don't add up" (ibid.).

Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI have with one accord defended the memory of Pius XII from the historical point of view, his actions during the Second World War and in the face of the terrifying tragedy of the Shoah. To this we should add the honour paid by the Popes to the memory of the six million victims of the Shoah, and the undoubted desire to proceed along the way of peace, reconciliation and religious debate with Judaism, as Paul VI did in the time of the Second Vatican Council and during the rest of his Pontificate, as John Paul II constantly and tenaciously preached, and as Benedict XVI has repeated on many occasions, and particularly this year during his Visit to the United States, Australia, and above all in France.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/secretariat_state/card-bertone/2008/documents/rc_seg-st_20081106_convegno-pio-xii_en.html

Guest Soldier of God

People tend to forget the Christian Palestinians. There are Arab Orthodox Christians, Maronites, Melkite-Eastern Catholics, Jacobites, Chaldeans, Roman Catholics (locally known as Latins), Syriac Catholics, Orthodox Copts, Catholic Copts, Armenian Orthodox, Armenian Catholic, Quakers {Friends Society}, Methodists, Presbyterians, Anglicans {Episcopal}, Lutherans, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Nazarene, Assemblies of God, Baptists and other Protestants; in addition of small groups of Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons and others.

ADDRESS OF JOHN PAUL II

TO A DELEGATION OF PALESTINIAN CHRISTIANS

OF THE PALESTINE LIBERATION ORGANIZATION (PLO)

Monday, 10 November 2003

Distinguished Guests,

I am pleased to welcome your Delegation and I ask you kindly to convey my greetings and good wishes to President Yasser Arafat and to all the Palestinian people. I am confident that this visit of prominent Palestinian Christians to the Holy See will lead to a better understanding of the situation of Christians in the Palestinian territories and the significant role which they can play in promoting the legitimate aspirations of the Palestinian people.

Despite the recent setbacks on the road to peace and fresh outbreaks of violence and injustice, we must continue to affirm that peace is possible and that the resolution of differences can only come about through the patient dialogue and persevering commitment of people of good will on both sides. Terrorism must be condemned in all its forms, for it is not only a betrayal of our common humanity, but is absolutely incapable of laying the necessary political, moral and spiritual foundations for a people's freedom and authentic self-determination. I once again call upon all parties to respect fully the resolutions of the United Nations and the commitments made in the acceptance of the peace process, with engagement in a common quest for reconciliation, justice and the building of a secure and harmonious coexistence in the Holy Land. I likewise voice my hope that the national Constitution presently being drafted will give expression to the highest aspirations and the most cherished values of all the Palestinian people, with due recognition of all religious communities and adequate legal protection of their freedom of worship and expression.

Dear friends, through you I send warm greetings to the Christians of the Holy Land, who have an altogether special place in my heart. Upon you and all the Palestinian people I invoke God's blessings of wisdom, strength and peace.

http://www.vatican.v...110_olp_en.html

Guest wiki

Today, Most Christian Palestinians in Gaza blame the Israeli occupation pre-2005, the current siege on the city and the war on Gaza 2009 to be the reason for their exodus from Gaza. During the recent war on Gaza, three churches—Baptist, Orthodox, and Catholic—were damaged by Israeli shelling, and many Christians lost their lives during the Gaza offensive.

Guest BFunny

LOL A Historical Classic for all time. We really don't know anything.

Episode no. 36

pc: 318, season 3, episode 18

Broadcast date: February 26, 1992

George: Jerry. Jerry.

Jerry: Sorry, the flight was delayed, how long've you been waiting?

George: I just got here. My car broke down on the Belt Parkway.

Jerry, Oh I can't believe-- why don't you get rid of that piece of junk.

George: One mile from the exit it starts shaking, really violently shaking,

like it's having a nervous breakdown. It completely stopped dead.

Jerry: So you have no car?

George: No.

Jerry: So what good are you?

Jerry looks over towards a chauffer holding a sign that says O'BRIEN

Jerry: I'll tell you one thing, this chauffeur's gonna be waiting a while,

O'Brien's not showing up.

George: How do you know?

Jerry: He was in Chicago, the flight was overbooked, wouldn't let him on the

plane. He kept screaming how he had to get to Madison Square Garden.

George: We should take his limo.

Jerry: Yeah, right.

George: Wait a second. Think about it. He's not showing up. Wait till you

see the line of cabs, its like forty-five minutes long. You said he's in

Chicago.

Jerry: He's definitely in Chicago.

George: Well the guy's just standing there.

Jerry: How would we do it?

George: We just go up to him, we say, "We're O'Brien."

Jerry: Maybe he knows O'Brien?

George: No, he doesn't know O'Brien, if he knew O'Brien he wouldn't have a

sign. Let's just do it.

Jerry: What if we get caught?

George: What's gonna happen? They can't kill us.

Jerry: Who's gonna be O'Brien?

George: I'll be O'Brien.

Jerry: Who am I?

George: You're you.

Jerry: Just me?

George: Yeah.

Jerry: Okay.

George: What, you don't want to be you?

Jerry: Well if you're gonna be O'Brien, why can't I be somebody?

George: Like who?

Jerry: Dylan Murphy.

George mumbles something.

Jerry: What, now you wanna be Dylan Murphy?

George: Well I like Dylan.

Jerry: You could be Colin.

George: Colin O'Brien.

Jerry: I'm Dylan Murphy.

George: I'm Colin O'Brien.

They walk towards the chauffer.

George: Are we really doing this?

Jerry: Come on,

Man (to George): Hey, do you have the time?

George: Clock over there. (to chauffer) O'Brien.

Chauffer: Yes sir.

George: Sorry we're late.

Chauffer: Here let me take that for you.

George: Oh thank you.

Chauffer: I'll get the car and I'll bring it around front.

George: Thank you very much. Dylan?

Jerry: Colin?

New scene.

George and Jerry are in the back of a limo. George is giddy with excitement.

George: This is incredible! This is one of the greatest things I've ever done

in my life! I'm gonna call my mother.

Jerry: What for?

George: I dunno, I'm in a limo. (dials) Hello ma? It's me. Guess where I am.

In the back of a limo. No, nobody died. It's a long story, I can't tell you

now. Because I can't. I said I can't. If I could, I would. Would you stop

it? Alright, look, I'm getting off. No, I'm not telling you! How's this? I'm

*never* telling you! I don't care! No! Fine! Never!!

Jerry: She happy for you?

George: Can he hear us?

Jerry: No. Why?

George: I thought I saw him look in the mirror suspiciously.

Jerry: He can't hear us.

George: Let's test him. Hey, driver. What do you say we stop off, pick up

your sister, have a little fun back here? No, he can't hear us.

Jerry: Where's he dropping us? Maybe we can get him to drop us right at my

house?

George: We'll ask him. (opens partition) My dear fellow, where are you

dropping us?

Chauffer: Madison Square Garden, of course. I have the four passes.

George: Of course, the uh, the four passes. (closes partition) Four passes to

Madison Square Garden? Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Of course! Chicago!

The Knicks are playing the Bulls tonight!

Jerry: What?

George: We are going to the Knick game! Michael Jordan!

Jerry: We're going to the Knick game!

George: Did I tell you?! Did I tell you?!

Jerry: I can't believe it! You may have hit with this one!

George: You see, you see? I see things as they are and I say, 'no!' Uh, wait,

you see things as they are not and you s- Wait, uh, you see things, do you see

things as they are? What do you say when you see things?

Jerry: Lemme call Elaine and Kramer.

George: If I see things as they are, I would ask 'why' or 'why not?'

Jerry: Elaine? It's me. What are you doing tonight? Great. George and I

have tickets, four free passes to the Knicks-Bulls game, Madison Square Garden.

Can you go? Great, listen, call Kramer, tell him to meet us on the corner at

seven o'clock. Alright. We're gonna pick you up in a limo. That's right

babydoll. Hey listen, when we pick you up, I'm Murphy and George is O'Brien. I

can't tell you now, it's a long story. I am serious. Okay. Okay bye. (opens

partition) 'Scuse me, driver, we have to make a little stop first.

Chauffer: I know.

Jerry and George: He knows?

George: Where are we going? Why are we pulling off here?

Jerry: Maybe it's a shortcut.

George: We're on the Grand Central, there's no traffic.

Jerry: (opens partition) 'Scuse me, driver, why are we getting off this exit?

Chauffer: Pick up the other members of your party.

George: Right. The other members of our party. (closes partition) Other

members of our party? What other members of our party? I didn't even know we

were in a party. Oh, I'm telling you, the jig is up.

Jerry: It was a bad jig to begin with, we never should have started this jig.

George: It was a good jig.

Jerry: It was a bad jig, a terrible terrible jig. What are we gonna do now?

They're gonna know you're not O'Brien.

George: There could be more than one O'Brien on a plane who ordered a limo.

Jerry: First of all, you don't look like any O'Brien, period.

George: Well you should have been O'Brien.

Jerry: I don't want to be Murphy anymore; do I still have to be Murphy?

George: Yes, you have to be Murphy.

Jerry: It makes no sense now, me being Murphy.

George: You're Murphy!

Jerry: I'm Seinfeld!

George: You're Murphy!! Look, let's just jump out of the car.

Jerry: We're doing sixty miles an hour!

George: So we jump and roll, you won't get hurt.

Jerry: Who are you, Mannix?

George: We're slowing down. Are those the people?

Jerry: Alright put your hands up over your face, pretend you're sleeping.

The limo pulls over, two people, a man (Tim) and a woman (Eva), get in.

Woman (reaches out to Jerry): Mr. O'Brien?

Jerry: No, I'm, uh, Dylan Murphy. Mr. O'Brien had a long trip, he's sleeping.

Eva (whispering): Oh, well I don't want to disturb him. We're just rather

excited to meet him face to face, finally. We're faithful readers of his

newsletter.

Jerry: Newsletter?

Tim: And of course, his great book, "The Game".

Jerry: Oh, yes, he's very proud of his work in the big game. So you've never

uh, met him before?

Eva: No.

Jerry: Never seen a picture of him?

Eva: Never.

Jerry: Not even on the book jacket?

Eva: There was no picture on the book jacket.

Jerry (nudging George): Hey O'Brien, wake up, c'mon, we got company. Wake up.

George: Hello. I'm O'Brien.

George: So, um, you've read "The Big Game", have you?

Eva (fawning): Yes I've read it and I've memorized it.

George: Tell me your impressions, I would love to hear what a young woman

thinks of "The Big Game".

Eva: Well, this is sort of embarrassing, but it's changed my life. The way you

analyzed the game? The way you identify the major players? Well it left me

breathless. You're a brilliant, brilliant man.

George: Well, it's just a game. Remember that, kids.

Tim: Just a game. He's so humble. Don't forget what you wrote in the

epilogue, the fate of the world depends on the outcome of this game.

George: Well, I was exaggerating a bit, just for effect.

Jerry: He tends to exaggerate.

George: Okay, I mean it's serious but--

Eva: We are really looking forward to your speech tonight.

George: Uh, my speech?

Eva: Yes, your secretary faxed me the copy. Would you like to look it over?

Jerry: Well you might as well look it over.

George: ...and the Jews steal our money through their Zionist occupied

government and use the black man to bring drugs into our oppressed white

minority communities.

Jerry: You're not going to open with that, are you?

Eva: What was that you said about the myth of the Holocaust?

George: I said so many things.

Suddenly they hear a loud bang.

George: They're shooting! They're shooting!

Tim (pulling out a gun): Alright, get down!

The limo comes to a screeching halt. Tim exits the limo to look around, Eva has

fallen on top of George.

Eva. Ohhh. I'm ready to die for you.

George: That's really very nice of you, Eva. Thank you.

Eva: But of course you know I would. I would do anything for you. Anything.

Tim returns.

Tim: Nothing to worry about, it was just a flat tire. But rest assured, we're

prepared to handle anything that might come up.

Tim opens a briefcase filled with firearms. Eva grabs one and starts handling

it sensually.

Jerry: Nice looking Lugar.

Jerry and George are alone inside.

Jerry: What's taking him so long out there?

George: Didja see the way she was looking at me?

Jerry: She's a Nazi, George. A Nazi!

George: I know, I know. Kind of a cute Nazi though.

Jerry: Well we gotta make a plan before they come back, what are we gonna do?

George: I don't know.

Jerry: Let's just make a run for it.

George: I can't run, I have a bad hamstring.

Jerry: How'd that happen?

George: I hurt it in a hotel room. You know where they tuck the covers in real

tight in those hotel rooms? I can't sleep like that so I tried to kick it out

and I pulled it.

Jerry: I know, why do they make that bed so tight? You gotta sleep with your

feet like that.

George: For a mental patient. Wait a minute, the phone, we'll call the police.

George grabs the phone and dials.

George: 9... 1... 1. She said she'd do anything. Hello, police? Uh, yeah

listen, we're in the back of a limo in Queens--

Tim re-enters the limo.

George: --Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The

Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will.

Tim: We'll be ready in a minute.

George: Would you excuse us for a minute Tim boy, we're kind of in the middle

of something.

Tim: With all due respect, Mr. O'Brien, we're just about to leave.

George: Tim, who's the head of the Aryan Union, you or me?

Tim: You are.

George: And who's responsible for making hate mongering and fascism popular

again?

Tim: You are.

George: Good. I think you forgot something.

Tim: I'm sorry.

George: Good. Now get out.

Tim leaves.

George: Okay, what are we gonna do?

Jerry: I don't know.

George: Alright, how's this? We wait till we get to your street corner, we see

Elaine and Kramer then we get out. They can't shoot us in the city.

Jerry: Nah. No one's ever been shot in the city.

Cut back to Elaine and Kramer on the corner.

Kramer: I'm telling you, something's going on. I can feel it, sense it.

Elaine: I'm sure he was just joking around.

Kramer: Oh no no no, this is no joke. O'Brien's coming in from Chicago,

Jerry's in a limo, says he's O'Brien? That's not funny. Oh my god. Yes. Yes!

Elaine: What is it?

Kramer: Don't you see? There's always been something very strange about Jerry,

always so clean and organized. Do I have to spell it out for you? The limo?

The name? The rally at Madison Square Garden? Jerry, O'Brien are the same

person. Jerry is the leader of the Aryan Union!

Elaine: Jerry's a nazi?!

Kramer: I can't believe I didn't see it.

Elaine: Listen, you idiot! Just calm down! I know Jerry, he's not a nazi.

Kramer: You don't think so.

Elaine: No, he's just neat.

Cut back to the limo.

Tim: You know it's funny. You don't look like an O'Brien.

George: Me??

George and Jerry laugh nervously.

Tim: And you really don't look like a Murphy.

Jerry: I may not look like a Murphy but I act like a Murphy.

George: He's extremely Murphy. He's Murphy to a fault.

Tim: Where are you from?

Jerry: Dublin. Originally. Parents came over here when I was eighteen.

Cereal famine. Couldn't get a bowl anywhere. Bad. 'Tis a beautiful country

though; lush rolling hills, and the peat, ah the peat.

Tim: Sounds more like Scottish.

Jerry: We were right on the border.

Cut back to the street corner.

Kramer: Maybe he's with the company.

Elaine: What?

Kramer: The CIA! Maybe they placed him in there to infiltrate the organization

from within.

Elaine: What about his comedy act?

Kramer: That's the perfect cover! All that time on the road? Look Jerry, he's

too normal to be a comedian. These comedians, they're sick, neurotic people.

Elaine: What about George?

Kramer: What about him, he's part of it. His whole personality is a disguise.

No real person can act the way he does. Elaine, I'm telling you they're with

the organization. They're all part of it. He's in there with Helms and Hunt

and Liddy, that whole crowd. George and Jerry, they probably know who killed

Kennedy!

Elaine: I'll bet they were even in on it.

Kramer: Alright, what are we gonna do? I'm not gonna let him hurt you. (grabs

and hugs Elaine tightly) I'm not gonna.

Elaine: Kramer, you're hurting me!

Quick cut to the now approaching limo.

George: Those are my friends I was telling you about. We're gonna talk to

them, pull over.

Elaine: Get off of me!!

The limo pulls over and George and Jerry get out.

Kramer: O'Brien.

This attracts the attention of Dan and his friends standing at a nearby bus

stop.

Man: O'Brien? Is that him?

Man #2: Yeah, that's him.

Man #3: Look there's O'Brien!

Man #4: Filthy nazi bastard!

All four: Let's get him!!

They begin running full speed towards the gang.

George: What do I do?! What do I do?!

Jerry: Get in the car! Get in the car!

George, Elaine, Jerry and Kramer all jump into the limo which speeds off.

Kramer (pointing to Jerry): O'Brien. Long time no see. How's tricks, Murphy?

Tim: Why did you call him O'Brien and him Murphy?

Jerry: No, he was talking to me, he's cross-eyed.

Elaine: It could be very confusing.

The limo phone rings Kramer answers it.

Kramer: Yeah? Eva?

Eva: It's for me. (takes phone) Hello? (cups receiver) It's O'Brien.

Kramer: O'Brien? Well that's weird.

Eva (gun drawn): Who are you?

George and Jerry begin simultaneous explanations about how George's car broke

down when he went to pick Jerry up at the airport.

Cut back to Jodi Baskerville, reporting live.

Jodi: A limousine has just pulled up it's being surrounded by a huge group of

protestors, this has the makings of a very ugly scene.

Cut back to the limo, Elaine has joined the group explanation, none of the three

are intelligible at this point.

Jodi: They are banging on the car, trying to flip it over. The police seem

unable or unwilling to control the crowd, I would imagine Mr. O'Brien must be

having some very grave doubts if he made the right choice for his first public

appearance.

Cut back to the limo. The explanations are becoming more heated and less

understandable, the limo is rocking violently and Tim and Eva are becoming

unnerved.

Eva: Get out!!

Elaine: Look, it's Dan! Hi Dan!

Dan: Elaine?

Elaine: Hey!

Cut to George in front of a news camera, the on screen graphic says 'DONALD

O'BRIEN Leader of the Aryan Union'.

George: I am not O'Brien! I am not O'Brien! I'm not O'Brien! Ask anyone!

Jerry?! Jerry?!!

Guest Adnan Darwash

"Organised crime in America is a communist propaoganda" Edgar Hoover, FBI director

Until today the Chruch tax is imposed on all Germans. As a matter of fact, the Germans are the biggest contributors to the Vatican coffers. Mussollini used to enjoy the Pasta prepared for Pope Pius II which was served with the best wines from the vatican Cellars. The communists and Jews were allies since they were persecuted together. In one massacre, Colonel Kappler executed 355 communists and Jews for the killing of 35 German soldiers. The order from Hitler was to kill 10 italian communists or jews for every German killed. The German colonel was sentenced by a court in rome not for the killing of 350 but for the killing of the extra.

Blaming the communist for smearing the Pope is like Edgar Hoover, denying the existence of organised crimes in the US labelling it as a communist propaganda!

Adnan Darwash, Iraq occupation Times

Adnan,

You instigate angry rhetoric that has no basis in fact. You can attempt to wordsmith your answers in vain. Now you are attempting to split Catholics from Jews, Jews from Catholics with your distorted view of history. I question your motifs.

http://www.catholicr...ives/itemid-618

Last year I wrote about Pope Pius XII and the atrocious smear campaign that has been at work against the great man's reputation since the early 1960s. I wrote then what I had written in books and columns over the years that the man who was pontiff during the Second World War was a saintly and heroic opponent of Nazism who hid and saved Jewish people, did all that he could to resist the Holocaust and was thanked by the Jewish community and revered by its leader in Israel and the Diaspora. Then came the scurrilous and seldom seen play The Deputy and allegations by enemies of the papacy — inside and outside of the Church — that Pius was a collaborator and an enemy of tolerance and decency.

Mine is a relatively unimportant voice compared to the roars of Jewish historians such as Sir Martin Gilbert and Rabbi David Dalin, who for years have been trying to explain to the Jewish, Catholic and greater world that we've got it horribly wrong about Pope Pius and — important this — that it's all part of a wider attempt to discredit Catholicism. Bad Pope, bad Church, bad Catholics. Now it seems that the message may, just may, have got through.

German historian Dr. Michael Hesemann has been carrying out research in the Vatican archives for the Pave the Way Foundation, a U.S.-based inter-faith group. Many people thought, or perhaps hoped, that he would prove the Pope's indifference to Jewish suffering. In early July, however, newspapers throughout the world, and even some in Canada, were obliged to report his conclusions that Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli (the future Pope Pius XII) arranged the flight of 200,000 Jews from Germany as early as 1938. This was before the Holocaust as we know it had been initiated and while most governments were still denying that German persecution of the Jews was anything more than a nasty but passing phase.

Hesemann states that Pacelli wrote to Roman Catholic archbishops around the world and urged them to apply for visas for "non-Aryan Catholics" and Jewish converts to Christianity who wanted to leave Germany. "We believe that many Jews who were successful in leaving Europe may not have had any idea that their visas and travel documents were obtained through these Vatican efforts," said Elliot Hershberg, chairman of the Pave the Way Foundation.

And then comes the punchline. "Everything we have found thus far seems to indicate the known negative perception of Pope Pius XII is wrong." Sorry Mr. Hershberg but who exactly had this negative perception and why hadn't they paid attention to the volumes of material produced for a decade now by Catholic and Jewish historians alike proving the Pope's nobility and the work of so many Catholics to help the Jewish people? Of course there were collaborators who considered themselves Catholic and Catholics who failed to live up to their faith, but as a whole the Church and its adherents did far more than any other group to save the victims of the pagan madness of Hitler and his atheist gang.

But this prejudging of Catholicism is not confined to the history of the 20th century. The assumed position today appears to be that the Church is guilty unless it can prove otherwise, and this includes everything from abuse scandals to silly movies about secret codes. I suppose it's a sign of perverse and paradoxical respect. Those who hate the Church so much do so not because the Church doesn't matter but because it matters more than anything else on Earth. We're not vanilla, not bland, not to everybody's liking. Not, as some would like us to be, the theological version of the Rotary Club — no offence to Rotarians intended. The Catholic who utters the "We better not, it might offend someone" line might have an easier time of it but those who prefer the real thing, the Catholic thing, are facing a great deal of persecution these days.

The world admits it got it wrong about Pope Pius XII. Now for it to understand that it may have got it wrong about the Roman Catholic Church in general. Miracles do happen. Hey, it's what the Church has been telling us for 2,000 years.

• 1 month later...
Guest Adnan Darwash

Adnan,

You instigate angry rhetoric that has no basis in fact. You can attempt to wordsmith your answers in vain. Now you are attempting to split Catholics from Jews, Jews from Catholics with your distorted view of history. I question your motifs.

Last year I wrote about Pope Pius XII and the atrocious smear campaign that has been at work against the great man's reputation since the early 1960s. I wrote then what I had written in books and columns over the years that the man who was pontiff during the Second World War was a saintly and heroic opponent of Nazism who hid and saved Jewish people, did all that he could to resist the Holocaust and was thanked by the Jewish community and revered by its leader in Israel and the Diaspora. Then came the scurrilous and seldom seen play The Deputy and allegations by enemies of the papacy — inside and outside of the Church — that Pius was a collaborator and an enemy of tolerance and decency.

Mine is a relatively unimportant voice compared to the roars of Jewish historians such as Sir Martin Gilbert and Rabbi David Dalin, who for years have been trying to explain to the Jewish, Catholic and greater world that we've got it horribly wrong about Pope Pius and — important this — that it's all part of a wider attempt to discredit Catholicism. Bad Pope, bad Church, bad Catholics. Now it seems that the message may, just may, have got through.

German historian Dr. Michael Hesemann has been carrying out research in the Vatican archives for the Pave the Way Foundation, a U.S.-based inter-faith group. Many people thought, or perhaps hoped, that he would prove the Pope's indifference to Jewish suffering. In early July, however, newspapers throughout the world, and even some in Canada, were obliged to report his conclusions that Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli (the future Pope Pius XII) arranged the flight of 200,000 Jews from Germany as early as 1938. This was before the Holocaust as we know it had been initiated and while most governments were still denying that German persecution of the Jews was anything more than a nasty but passing phase.

Hesemann states that Pacelli wrote to Roman Catholic archbishops around the world and urged them to apply for visas for "non-Aryan Catholics" and Jewish converts to Christianity who wanted to leave Germany. "We believe that many Jews who were successful in leaving Europe may not have had any idea that their visas and travel documents were obtained through these Vatican efforts," said Elliot Hershberg, chairman of the Pave the Way Foundation.

And then comes the punchline. "Everything we have found thus far seems to indicate the known negative perception of Pope Pius XII is wrong." Sorry Mr. Hershberg but who exactly had this negative perception and why hadn't they paid attention to the volumes of material produced for a decade now by Catholic and Jewish historians alike proving the Pope's nobility and the work of so many Catholics to help the Jewish people? Of course there were collaborators who considered themselves Catholic and Catholics who failed to live up to their faith, but as a whole the Church and its adherents did far more than any other group to save the victims of the pagan madness of Hitler and his atheist gang.

But this prejudging of Catholicism is not confined to the history of the 20th century. The assumed position today appears to be that the Church is guilty unless it can prove otherwise, and this includes everything from abuse scandals to silly movies about secret codes. I suppose it's a sign of perverse and paradoxical respect. Those who hate the Church so much do so not because the Church doesn't matter but because it matters more than anything else on Earth. We're not vanilla, not bland, not to everybody's liking. Not, as some would like us to be, the theological version of the Rotary Club — no offence to Rotarians intended. The Catholic who utters the "We better not, it might offend someone" line might have an easier time of it but those who prefer the real thing, the Catholic thing, are facing a great deal of persecution these days.

The world admits it got it wrong about Pope Pius XII. Now for it to understand that it may have got it wrong about the Roman Catholic Church in general. Miracles do happen. Hey, it's what the Church has been telling us for 2,000 years.

Jews were always persecuted by Christians and not by Muslims. It was only in 1964 when the Jews were exonerated by the Vatican from the blood of Christ. For hundreds of years, Churches of Germany, Italy and France had statuesand paintings depicting Jews as devils, blood suckers and wild beasts. Now with Jewish money and political clout, many Christians started to embrace Zionist causes. Western politicians, the like of Thatcher, Tony Blair, G.W. Bush, Barak Obama, David Cameron, Nikolai Sarkosi and Angela Merkel owe their positions to Jewish money. In the US, most senators and members of the house are on the payroll of the Jewish financial mafia(s) (see Bernie Madoff's list of political donations.)

Guest Adnan Darwash

Adnan,

Jews were always persecuted by Christians and not by Muslims. It was only in 1964 when the Jews were exonerated by the Vatican from the blood of Christ. For hundreds of years, Churches of Germany, Italy and France had statuesand paintings depicting Jews as devils, blood suckers and wild beasts. Now with Jewish money and political clout, many Christians started to embrace Zionist causes. Western politicians, the like of Thatcher, Tony Blair, G.W. Bush, Barak Obama, David Cameron, Nikolai Sarkosi and Angela Merkel owe their positions to Jewish money. In the US, most senators and members of the house are on the payroll of the Jewish financial mafia(s) (see Bernie Madoff's list of political donations.)

There is a difference between a person of Jewish faith and a Jewish faith supporting the Zionist movement. Just like there is a difference in a person of Shia faith and a person of Shia faith supporting Hezbollah. Or a person of Sunni faith and a person of Sunni faith supporting Hamas.

What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents. - Robert F. Kennedy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.