Washington DC Message Boards

HAIR LOSS ALLEGATIONS REGUARDING LACE-FRONTS, HAIR WEAVES AND RELAXERS....

valencia

HAIR LOSS ALLEGATIONS REGUARDING LACE-FRONTS, HAIR WEAVES AND HAIR RELAXERS....

For those familiar with my work you know I started my crusade years ago and since 2004 is well documented on this forum....

I started my crusade with the goal to arm as many as possible because there's a ton of imposters and bad information out there....I've warned for years the more popular a service becomes the more bad hair and hair loss we will see and now there are several news stories on the web claiming lace-fronts, weaves and hair relaxers are the cause of hair loss....There was even a dermatologist interviewed and he claims that services most popular in African American communities are causing severe hair loss....My first question is, if a doctor writes a prescription for a patient, the patient ignores the labeled instructions and have a bad reaction to the medication is the medication and/or the doctor at fault?

Let's start with the lace-front....Lace-front wigs have been around for a long time but they were used for theatrical purposes and only applied and removed by professionals....Now that they are mainstream and popular among celebrities, vendors are selling them to anyone with the $$$$'s but unlike celebrities the average client don't have a professional to properly apply and remove the wig at the snap of a finger....We have people with no clue working with medical grade glues when they can barely work with the cheap track glue sold at any corner beauty supply store....This is why I question claims that blame lace-front wigs for pushing back hairlines and causing severe damage....We still have people applying glued tracks to their scalp and with all we know now you would think, hey we know better....You MUST take precautions to protect your hair before applying any type of adhesive....The adhesive should never come in contact with your hair....Your hair should be covered first....So I ask....Are lace-front wigs the cause of hairline loss or human error?

Let's move on to weaves....The weave being performed in the video clip made me cringe....The base braids were HUGE....Yes, if you use 2lb's of synthetic hair to form base braids and then sew in an additional 8oz's of hair that's going to be a tad heavy and not good but a good weave stylist would never to that....I know some of the best weave stylist in the game and one in particular has well documented proof (on her website) that she has grown out a LOT of clients hair with the use of the sew-in....Again human error....They also showed a relaxer being applied with more allegations of hair breakage....If you pay attention to that clients hair, her ends looked processed to me but the relaxer was being applied to the majority of her hair....Her hair was well over 3 inches long so unless she has extremely fast growing hair (and most of us don't) that relaxer touch-up was overlapping processed hair....Of course if you do that on a constant basis for years it will cause damage and eventually breakage....A perfect example of human error is I myself (because I was so vain) have relaxed and colored my hair back to back on the same day (permanent color)....I knew better so when my hair started to thin I just stopped and started taking better care of my hair....I don't blame the products used because it was human error....Please don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraging clients from going natural, my specialty is strand by strand hair extensions and I have many natural clients....I've worked on perfecting my custom natural hair textures for years....As a matter of fact, I'm natural....I can't just sit back and allow great services and people to suffer because of the few that refuse to take responsibility....

Video

Thanks

Valencia....

Edited by valencia

I just want to turn a negative into a positive....I had to vent because I was annoyed and frustrated but it also opens many doors....Ladies, please feel free to ask any and all questions regarding extension services.... I've performed most and dabbled in many.... If I don't know the answers I will research and get the answers....You don't need to be a client to pick my brain (questions are free)....Please share your questions and experiences, I promise it will help you and others....

Thanks

Valencia

My website

Edited by valencia

• 3 months later...
Guest Denise Outlaw

If you really want to know everything about lace wigs, you should go to this website below.

Every type of lace wigs is explain in-depth on there, from front lace wigs,to full lace wigs,to silh top lace wigs,to silk injected lace wigs.

There are also very good articles on hair loss, specially on all types of Alopecia diseases.

I found this website because I was looking for children wigs, for my daughter who suffers from Alopecia aereta. There are many options for children wigs, and the products offered on this website represent the latest technolody in the hair industry.

This website helped me a lot,so it may help others finding the best solution for those living with hair loss, caused by diseases.

The web address is:

http://www.fulllacewigsbyhottipsfashion.com/cranial-prothesis

Good Luck! :D

I just want to turn a negative into a positive....I had to vent because I was annoyed and frustrated but it also opens many doors....Ladies, please feel free to ask any and all questions regarding extension services.... I've performed most and dabbled in many.... If I don't know the answers I will research and get the answers....You don't need to be a client to pick my brain (questions are free)....Please share your questions and experiences, I promise it will help you and others....

Thanks

Valencia

My website